Power Reaper Qadim solo kite? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Power Reaper Qadim solo kite?

Hello there.
I would love to try it out myself but I cant find training groups at my online times. I believe it should be pretty easy with the constant LF flow by slubs and with axe/reaper shrould burst. A scourge build should be possible as well if DPS is strong enough and you are able to slow/chill the slubs long enough for your condis to do their thing. Has anyone been able to collect some experience as a Qadim solo kite as Necro?

Comments

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm was only doing solo lamp 1+2 reaper on quadim cm in my group.
    Worked pretty good, but we had a thief kiter

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    For a moment there I thought Qadim was the name of a new kiting technique...
    Oh how long have I been away from PvE...

  • @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    For a moment there I thought Qadim was the name of a new kiting technique...
    Oh how long have I been away from PvE...

    Oh boy thats sad :astonished: it is also pretty sad that so many people already settled on the DE kite without trying out other viable options. I dont want to sound entitled but gearing a new class everytime a new raid wing or balance patch hits sounds terribly annoying to me.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2019

    I tried a bit, didn't find a good solution, reaper just seems too slow to be good at killing all these elementals. Well I have to say I didn't change any gear co pared to what I would play as DPS/lamp-guy.
    Tried out different traits/traitlines

  • Yeah thought as much, sadly. I found a streamer solo kiting as scourge on CM mode and he also said that reaper would be much worse at it. Sad times.

  • Lexan.5930Lexan.5930 Member ✭✭✭

    I actualy found power scourge to be better. You can kill with axe AA pretty quickly and axe 2 on the 3rd one.
    Best thing is you can convert the burn to block and compleetly avoid the knockdown if you time it right. And shroud can kill a minion in a pinch
    You dont get the crazy sustain pistol theives get but blood spite can do nice things

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lexan.5930 said:
    I actualy found power scourge to be better. You can kill with axe AA pretty quickly and axe 2 on the 3rd one.
    Best thing is you can convert the burn to block and compleetly avoid the knockdown if you time it right. And shroud can kill a minion in a pinch
    You dont get the crazy sustain pistol theives get but blood spite can do nice things

    But after that, you are completely useless for quadim DPS. Thief will still do a good amount of dmg, even when kiting, while power scourge wont

  • @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Lexan.5930 said:
    snip

    But after that, you are completely useless for quadim DPS. Thief will still do a good amount of dmg, even when kiting, while power scourge wont

    A power scourge variant would bring decent squad survivability, condi clear and probably vampiric aura. It might not be on par with thief but I take any viable option for such an important role. Especially when it gives me a reason to not reroll to a class I dont really want to swap to.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.