Efficient Amalgamated Gemstone Recipe? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Efficient Amalgamated Gemstone Recipe?

Is there any Amalgamated Gemstone recipe that's more cost-effective than simply selling the ingredients and buying a Gemstone on the Trading Post?

Best Answers

Answers

• Tanner Blackfeather.6509Tanner Blackfeather.6509 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2019

Personally I find it better to craft, atbut least with the current fairly low component prices. Just grab whatever's cheapest at the moment.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

That depends. I am not sure if there is enough data gathered for the proc rate of the two forge recipes. I've been told the rate was 5%. At 5% either recipe would be better than buying AGs directly BUT(and that is a huge BUT) only if you are going to make a very large number of AGs. For example theoretically the recipe that generates 10 is best but to get 250 your maximum sample size is only 25.

On average with current prices you could save around 50g per 250 AGs but that is only you are making enough so that unlucky streaks doesn't screw you over.

• Tanner Blackfeather.6509Tanner Blackfeather.6509 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2019

@Khisanth.2948 said:
    That depends. I am not sure if there is enough data gathered for the proc rate of the two forge recipes. I've been told the rate was 5%. At 5% either recipe would be better than buying AGs directly BUT(and that is a huge BUT) only if you are going to make a very large number of AGs. For example theoretically the recipe that generates 10 is best but to get 250 your maximum sample size is only 25.

On average with current prices you could save around 50g per 250 AGs but that is only you are making enough so that unlucky streaks doesn't screw you over.

You don't really need luck - remember that the 3x25 orb recipe always generates at least 10. By my calculations, getting no "crits" at all you're usually about even with buying gemstones straight up. Every crit reduces your costs.

If I buy orbs at 20s each on average, 10 x the 10 AG recipe costs approx 159g (3 stacks of orbs at 50g/stack + 50 ecto). That means 1.59g/AG assuming no crits.

Edit: Caveat - it seems the orb prices have risen a bit these last few days!
    My method is definitly one for patience as it requires buying the orbs when they're relatively cheap, but there's usually a few at below 20s.

• Thanks, everyone.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.