Jenzi - Follow up D/D Weaver gameplay — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Jenzi - Follow up D/D Weaver gameplay

Build Link:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQJAoYncMA94i14CG5CM5iFWA7+KHmHzFJx8XFgIBcACAA-j1RGABJcCAyTJId6BgZ/BAeAARp87R1fCAcAcezDgzP/8zP/8a+5nf+5nf+5nfepA2arF-w

Here's some follow up footage in team fighting, & outnumbered scenarios from fights I had last night.

I've got alot of better plays & a more obvious presence in these fights vs my first video, I urge anyone to try it out if they've got the patience & skill to properly play it.

Enjoy:

Comments

• shinta.8906shinta.8906 Member ✭✭✭

i liked ur aristocracy choice alot. tested it in pvp on different amulets but sadly its just not the same as pve stats. rly wanted that to work in pvp : /

way better video than ur first gj

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

Did you post this 3 times now?

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• kornfanxxx.9143kornfanxxx.9143 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2019

@Jski.6180 said:

Reddit/Ele forums/WvW forums. just put it in every spot i thought it was relavent & interesting to people.
    & the 3 posts related to my D/D build within the ele forum are seperate posts, intial one was my build explaination, people wanted a video, thus a second thread, then last one is a second video.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kornfanxxx.9143 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

Reddit/Ele forums/WvW forums. just put it in every spot i thought it was relavent & interesting to people.
    & the 3 posts related to my D/D build within the ele forum are seperate posts, intial one was my build explaination, people wanted a video, thus a second thread, then last one is a second video.

Try not to over to it on the forms (anet tends to move ele things to the ele forms in time) so you may end up with it being here a few more times then you intend.

Any way you seemed to getting a lot of support from the other ppl your running with. Have you though about trying scepter and dropping water for air.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• @Jski.6180 said:

@kornfanxxx.9143 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

Try not to over to it on the forms (anet tends to move ele things to the ele forms in time) so you may end up with it being here a few more times then you intend.

Any way you seemed to getting a lot of support from the other ppl your running with. Have you though about trying scepter and dropping water for air.

I know one of my party members was a tempest for a fight or two, but he was running a similar hybrid build designed for roaming & not a healing bunker though i will say the aura uptime was nice, other than him I was fighting with a thief & a warrior, neither with any support capabilities at all.

Yes, I've played fresh air scepter for 100's of hours, its enjoyable to roam with for sure & alot of fun. but thats a completely different build & playstyle, using berserkers gear or the like & kiting, whereas this builds nature is completely different in that its a brawler & CC machine.

• What server are you from? Good reflexes and great video! The on-screen keyboard is a good touch. Looks like a fun build, you rock the mechanics very well.

I see your video has some weird dislikes on it which I'd attribute to you posting it on reddit and people not knowing who you are yet more than anything else, so keep it up!!

| Solemn [DoM][PAL][BOZ][shrd] |
    | NSP (main) | Anvil Rock (alt)

• @SoulSlavocracy.4902 said:
    What server are you from? Good reflexes and great video! The on-screen keyboard is a good touch. Looks like a fun build, you rock the mechanics very well.

I see your video has some weird dislikes on it which I'd attribute to you posting it on reddit and people not knowing who you are yet more than anything else, so keep it up!!

that may be true, I'm on FC. I noticed I had some random dislikes too, its also possible some salty roamers on competing servers disliked it as well, people [love] to hate our guild, GET IT?! heuheuheu.

• @kornfanxxx.9143 said:

@SoulSlavocracy.4902 said:
    What server are you from? Good reflexes and great video! The on-screen keyboard is a good touch. Looks like a fun build, you rock the mechanics very well.

that may be true, I'm on FC. I noticed I had some random dislikes too, its also possible some salty roamers on competing servers disliked it as well, people [love] to hate our guild, GET IT?! heuheuheu.

Lol yeah I don't understand the bitter patriotism some roamers have for other servers/guilds. Think most of us can agree it's about the individual. You got a kitten load of views really fast though and you just started your channel lol, no such thing as bad publicity. Btw if I had to change one thing about your video I would say compress it down to 7-8 minutes of only the best clips, and I don't mean to say any of them were bad, but every video producer knows which parts are better and worse in review. And speed up some clips by about 20% otherwise 1/4 of your video ends up being just one clip. It's a bit subjective tho so if you aren't concerned about it then no worries :)

edited February 17, 2019

@kornfanxxx.9143 said:

Lol yeah I don't understand the bitter patriotism some roamers have for other servers/guilds. Think most of us can agree it's about the individual. You got a kitten load of views really fast though and you just started your channel lol, no such thing as bad publicity. Btw if I had to change one thing about your video I would say compress it down to 7-8 minutes of only the best clips, and I don't mean to say any of them were bad, but every video producer knows which parts are better and worse in review. And speed up some clips by about 20% otherwise 1/4 of your video ends up being just one clip. It's a bit subjective tho so if you aren't concerned about it then no worries :)

thanks for the input man, yeah i noticed it was pretty popular. was messing with a similar build that was full cele, but replaced strength sigil with cleansing, then water for fire, & saw some crazy high 5 figure power damage burst. https://imgur.com/a/vkDD7at

& honestly burning speed & plasma burst are almost identical in damage everything else the same, so if your on top of your game you could pretty much 2 shot people in full cele gear lol.

Edit: context for those numbers: me & my guildie brie took on a group of approx 12-15 players with a third rando pug who was following us, we blasted might to 25, then used the cloaking waters in smc to blindside them while they were sitting on catas right outside the outer wall we instantly generated like 9 downs, rest scattered & eventually died.

it was just, beautiful.

• @kornfanxxx.9143 said:

@kornfanxxx.9143 said:

thanks for the input man, yeah i noticed it was pretty popular. was messing with a similar build that was full cele, but replaced strength sigil with cleansing, then water for fire, & saw some crazy high 5 figure power damage burst. https://imgur.com/a/vkDD7at

& honestly burning speed & plasma burst are almost identical in damage everything else the same, so if your on top of your game you could pretty much 2 shot people in full cele gear lol.

Edit: context for those numbers: me & my guildie brie took on a group of approx 12-15 players with a third rando pug who was following us, we blasted might to 25, then used the cloaking waters in smc to blindside them while they were sitting on catas right outside the outer wall we instantly generated like 9 downs, rest scattered & eventually died.

it was just, beautiful.

Lmfao, that's great. Making me want to try d/d! Have you tried a more offensively built sw/d build though? A lot of ppl seem convinced that sw/d is too sustain-heavy of a build to be viable, but that's because most people who try it run twice as much healing power as necessary! I run about 340 healing power with scholar runes and a lot of my crits are 7k, 8k, 9k, 10k ... catches people off guard and with the water traitline I can still evade/sustain almost as well as the more HP-focused builds. I suspect you've probably tried it but if not you can see it in action here https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/68694/just-weaver-stuff-wrath-of-god-weaver-11-staff-sw-d#latest

edited February 18, 2019

@kornfanxxx.9143 said:

@kornfanxxx.9143 said:

it was just, beautiful.

Lmfao, that's great. Making me want to try d/d! Have you tried a more offensively built sw/d build though? A lot of ppl seem convinced that sw/d is too sustain-heavy of a build to be viable, but that's because most people who try it run twice as much healing power as necessary! I run about 340 healing power with scholar runes and a lot of my crits are 7k, 8k, 9k, 10k ... catches people off guard and with the water traitline I can still evade/sustain almost as well as the more HP-focused builds. I suspect you've probably tried it but if not you can see it in action here https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/68694/just-weaver-stuff-wrath-of-god-weaver-11-staff-sw-d#latest

Yeah, I've played full power sword before, in zerk/marauders, as well as full cele & marshals/mender variants when jenkins & lubu make me AT with them(free AT win carry ftw lol) When I look at swords weapon skills while planning trait-line setups, its hard to justify elements of rage actually proccing for anything but air/air 3, or possibly fire/fire 3, which means the traits 10% damage bonus up-time will be relatively low, which is fine, there's other trait choices & 10% damage wont make or break you.

But really once you decide your going to start adding defensive stats into your build instead of full marauders or full zerk, like healing power and toughness (both of which are borderline mandatory for ele to trade blows with enemies), then your stat point distribution becomes murky with inefficiencies because your trying to squeeze everything but condition damage into your build, & WHENEVER you try to stack more than 4 stats, cele almost always will give you what you want everywhere else except power or condition damage. when celestial gear is an obvious answer due to its over 30% total stat point count advantage over 3 stat gear & roughly 20%~ bonus over 4 stat. but you prefer to keep your power high, & celestial has an unappealing base power number of roughly 1700~ power from a full set.

This is one reason I shy away from sword ~ I want big damage, But my gear & trait-line setup always tend to conflict in my mind where i accept nothing but perfection.

I couldn't utilize element of rage's 10% damage bonus on demand like i wanted, so I ditched the 210~ precision & 10% damage bonus for something else,

I couldn't utilize any mix of power main-stat gear & hit my target defensive numbers (which to be fair I have pretty unrealistic expectations of my results when theory-crafting for 5 hours in a build editor) either healing power, vitality, or toughness would always end up being below my target numbers when mixing 3 & 4 stat gear.

So, Frustrated & angry that nothing but celestial gear would fit the bill. I used it with sword/dagger for about a month straight & gave up trying.

Then it hit me, that unravel would instantly proc elements of rage, & that dagger can actually use unravel. thus I fleshed out this build you see today,

dagger could benefit from elements of rage almost any time you'd like to go on the offensive via unravel & the bonus precision was completely game changing adding in a rune like pack.

dagger could use celestial gear because it could obtain 25 might via its 3000 blast finishers to achieve competitive power levels.

The things that tortured me about sword in a offensively minded brawling build were all instantly solved by replacing it with dagger.

Edit: (also another thing i'd like to mention, is I've recently been experimenting with aquatic stance in leu of signer of restoration with fire/arcane/weaver,
    just.. I know SoR has the highest healing output of all the healing options, and trust me I'm a guy who looks at the math obsessively so. But when it comes
    to actual effectiveness, SoR is an excellent heal when combo'd with soothing mist, regeneration, & arcane abatement. You can rely on evasive arcania, water attunement swapping, dagger water 5, steamsurge, or any other whatever for burst healing.

When you ditch water, you ditch a portion of your burst healing, & that gap is noticable. So I started fiddling with aquatic stance, & I actually think its pretty kitten nifty. has an ammo mechanic for variant builds with low cooldown on heal proc runes, provides 2 more sources of stab, & has some helpful filler healing for yourself (and friends) for 5 seconds after it's used and provides a nice bump in effective healing if you have regeneration active as well by roughly 970 health/second as long as you make sure your making contact with something.

• SoulSlavocracy.4902SoulSlavocracy.4902 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2019

@kornfanxxx.9143 said:
    The things that tortured me about sword in a offensively minded brawling build were all instantly solved by replacing it with dagger.

Really appreciate the time taken to thoroughly explain here, that's all very interesting. I see where you're coming from, and d/d makes a lot of sense from that sort of angle. I know you've taken your fair share of time to try to min/max a sw/d build that works, but did you take a look at the one I posted above? It may seem average at first glance but actually running it in WvW is a totally different story -- if you don't mind I'll repeat myself in saying it really does hit hard and sustains adequately enough.

I'm not trying to change your mind per-say, I guess I'll get into the details here for the sake of discussion if nothing else, but:

For me, this is about as min/maxed as I think I can get sw/d. It's so suited to my own playstyle that I can even kill mirages on it, which I never seemed to be able to do before using similar sw/d builds previously.

An air 3 and fire 2 combo alone will do over 10k damage if landed, and fire 3 & 5 will crit for over 11k with half might stacks. With vulnerability [+20%], over 90% health [+10% + 10%] a few boons [2% + 2% + 2% + 2% ... ], swiftness [+7%], sigil of force [+5%] and sigil of strength [6-7 might stacks I want to say ??] plus blasting fire fields twice is easy to do in a normal rotation, you can hit super hard with this build if you keep constant pressure and take time to sustain/evade during their bursts. The thing is, any time you lose scholar/water trait buff you can just sustain back to 90% in about 4-6 seconds while evading, and that's powerful

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnMMAdOgtMA+4C8RglUAjIA0AOAFPxPQU8OMXmXzA-j1SBQBlRJBZVKcRlBXZ/RJGFOBAJUllFcgAwjeCUqEEAPQgUpORAAEA38m38m38mddbezbezbezbezbezSBIoyI-w

• @SoulSlavocracy.4902 said:

@kornfanxxx.9143 said:

Really appreciate the time taken to thoroughly explain here, that's all very interesting. I see where you're coming from, and d/d makes a lot of sense from that sort of angle. I know you've taken your fair share of time to try to min/max a sw/d build that works, but did you take a look at the one I posted above? It may seem average at first glance but actually running it in WvW is a totally different story -- if you don't mind I'll repeat myself in saying it really does hit hard and sustains adequately enough.

I'm not trying to change your mind per-say, I guess I'll get into the details here for the sake of discussion if nothing else, but:

For me, this is about as min/maxed as I think I can get sw/d. It's so suited to my own playstyle that I can even kill mirages on it, which I never seemed to be able to do before using similar sw/d builds previously.

An air 3 and fire 2 combo alone will do over 10k damage if landed, and fire 3 & 5 will crit for over 11k with half might stacks. With vulnerability [+20%], over 90% health [+10% + 10%] a few boons [2% + 2% + 2% + 2% ... ], swiftness [+7%], sigil of force [+5%] and sigil of strength [6-7 might stacks I want to say ??] plus blasting fire fields twice is easy to do in a normal rotation, you can hit super hard with this build if you keep constant pressure and take time to sustain/evade during their bursts. The thing is, any time you lose scholar/water trait buff you can just sustain back to 90% in about 4-6 seconds while evading, and that's powerful

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnMMAdOgtMA+4C8RglUAjIA0AOAFPxPQU8OMXmXzA-j1SBQBlRJBZVKcRlBXZ/RJGFOBAJUllFcgAwjeCUqEEAPQgUpORAAEA38m38m38mddbezbezbezbezbezSBIoyI-w

Thats a cool trait-line setup. I dont know if I like the stat distribution layout in your gear as much, but i do think those are interesting & clever choices in traits.

& it's also a fact that the numbers can lie, real world practicality has an impact on build performance just as much as the numbers your build has, what works well for you, may not work as well for me, maybe your a more cautious player than myself, & tend to kite more often during fights, that's less-so my play style where I like to get into the middle of a group & stay there.

The big repeating theme i ALWAYS kept running into in my endless build editor sessions would always end up following this rule:

whenever your attempting to stack more than four stats (5+) to a point above 500 stat points each, celestial becomes strictly the most efficient stat to run, but the obvious downside to choosing full celestial is that your power & condition damage have the same stat allotment as the minimum stats of a 4 piece set of gear. (so for example if an ascended marauders chest piece has for examples sake:
    +100 power/precision
    +50 ferocity/vitality

then an ascended celestial chest piece would have the following stats:
    +50 power
    +50 precision
    +50 ferocity
    +50 condition damage,
    ect..

So really it just came down to me investing into celestial as deeply as possible in the most efficient areas possible: armor/weapons/trinkets and also food for example, Red lentil & flatbread feasts give +45 to 9 stats, & -15% incoming condition duration, that's a total of 405 stat points gained from your food slot & a fun bonus of -15% condition duration, Vs most standard foods that give +100/+70, only providing +170 stat points.

then pushing for power in the most efficient places where i can get the most power for my money - (TRAITS! runes, utility, 18 total +5 power infusions for total +80 power)

When using my traditional water build, @ full stacks im at 2900 power exactly, & 207% crit damage/55% crit chance, with my fire build, fully empowered im at 3250 power, & managed to retain my full celestial investment to provide the needed defensive stats to trade blows with today's meta.

• one last thing i'd like to mention about one of your trait choices, im not exactly positive, but I believe that your adept water trait piercing shards is only active for the 20% damage bonus while water is in your mainhand atttunement, which is fine for firegrab & churning earth for sure. just making sure it's the same story for that trait as say empowering flame for +150 power while attuned to fire, it only gives the +150 with fire in the mainhand & double attuned.

• Bah! How could I miss that. Thanks for pointing that out, lmao. Now I understand why my secondary attunement skills always hit so hard when I'm in water haha .. I might keep it cause I'm not thrilled about top/bottom trait, but good to know for sure.

Good point about potential play-style differences. I'm gonna try your celestial d/d build, you've convinced me lol. Thanks dude, cheers o/
    KoRn is awesome btw, been a fan since I was 11 yrs old, saw them last summer -- reeeeally good stuff live

• Very very interesting mate. I'm a DD ele at heart and I can't wait to analyze your gameplay when I get home. Thx for posting.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.