Boon Stripping for Siege Weapons

KeyOrion.9506

I"m requesting Boon Stripping for Siege Weapons. It's come to the point that Permaboon builds laugh at siege damage, the overlapping heals and shields has made siege nearly absolutely USELESS. When enemy team stands under 5-6 superior arrow carts and dances...and their taking 0 damage, or regenning in 1/2 a second every second, for a full minute...and all i'm hitting is multiple invulnerabilities....unable to knockdown due to continuous Stability...….either make Boons have a Cooldown an ACTUAL cooldown, or just give siege Boon Stripping abilities. Regular siege is just nearly useless, Oil and Cannons have nearly become useless, and Superior Siege is just nothing more than a tickle to entire groups using permaboon builds.

@Acyk.9671 said:

@"KeyOrion.9506" said:I"m requesting Boon Stripping for Siege Weapons. It's come to the point that Permaboon builds laugh at siege damage, the overlapping heals and shields has made siege nearly absolutely USELESS. When enemy team stands under 5-6 superior arrow carts and dances...and their taking 0 damage, or regenning in 1/2 a second every second, for a full minute...and all i'm hitting is multiple invulnerabilities....unable to knockdown due to continuous Stability...….either make Boons have a Cooldown an ACTUAL cooldown, or just give siege Boon Stripping abilities. Regular siege is just nearly useless, Oil and Cannons have nearly become useless, and Superior Siege is just nothing more than a tickle to entire groups using permaboon builds.

People siege structures to fight inside. Tag up, organize a squad and fight. If you can't kill them then you just don't deserve to keep the structure. People got used to be carried by defensive siege for so long you can't live without it now.

Agreed

FYI boons have been nerfed quite a lot in December's patch

I would argue they need to be tuned down a little more, as do some of the Condis, but it is certainly better than it was.

Just watched a blob of 50 stand in siege fire for 20 mins because of all the boons that were constantly up on them. People who want to nerf their damage just want free reign to run over people around structures without consequences. About ready to support ac1 boon strip as well, this boon balling is getting back to HoT ridiculousness.

I've suggested in the past: changing the AC from a damage siege to a support siege. having various shots that deals 0 damage but give one of the following depending on which skill: Bleeding, Cripple/chill, boon-strip, reveal etc. Basically make it an aoe tool to use in coordination with groups in group vs group fighting.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Just watched a blob of 50 stand in siege fire for 20 mins because of all the boons that were constantly up on them. People who want to nerf their damage just want free reign to run over people around structures without consequences. About ready to support ac1 boon strip as well, this boon balling is getting back to HoT ridiculousness.

What were your players doing in those 20 minutes though? And don't say you were heavily outnumbered since it wouldn't take enemies 20 minutes to breach in.

Let me guess, everyone was playing their single target one shot builds with minimal aoe pressure?

What people who advocate for even more boon stripping fail to realize is that power creep is usually not a good thing. Boon strip on siege would make the current meta comps even more mandatory than before, because they would be the only comps that can keep the boon coverage that they need in order to keep up with the boon stripping. Professions and comps that spam less boons would be what is impacted most negatively.

What needs to happen is major nerfing in boon application on certain builds, so that the power creep is reversed.

@steki.1478 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:Just watched a blob of 50 stand in siege fire for 20 mins because of all the boons that were constantly up on them. People who want to nerf their damage just want free reign to run over people around structures without consequences. About ready to support ac1 boon strip as well, this boon balling is getting back to HoT ridiculousness.

What were your players doing in those 20 minutes though? And don't say you were heavily outnumbered since it wouldn't take enemies 20 minutes to breach in.

Let me guess, everyone was playing their single target one shot builds with minimal aoe pressure?

It was not heavily outnumbered, just about even numbered with some defenders busy defending a tower on the map as well.The attackers had 2 guilds of about 25-35 each, the defenders had 2 smaller guilds and more pugs to defend.One guild stood under multiple 2-3 ac fire just pounding on the gate with their weapons for a good 10 mins.Both guilds stood under ac fire again later with golems with them to help shield and heal for a good 20 mins, eventually the golems died and they left to bring more golems.

My point is players can now sit under ac fire with this boon sharing meta and not even worry about damage or even needing to build a shield gen, there is no need to ask for more nerfs to siege, these boon ball zergs now require a heavy amount of scourges to tackle. Strips on a small scale level seems fine, on a massive zerg to blob scale it might not be now, I would prefer if it wasn't on siege, but I would also prefer if it wasn't mostly stuck on necros either.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

It was not heavily outnumbered, just about even numbered with some defenders busy defending a tower on the map as well.The attackers had 2 guilds of about 25-35 each, the defenders had 2 smaller guilds and more pugs to defend.One guild stood under multiple 2-3 ac fire just pounding on the gate with their weapons for a good 10 mins.Both guilds stood under ac fire again later with golems with them to help shield and heal for a good 20 mins, eventually the golems died and they left to bring more golems.

My point is players can now sit under ac fire with this boon sharing meta and not even worry about damage or even needing to build a shield gen, there is no need to ask for more nerfs to siege, these boon ball zergs now require a heavy amount of scourges to tackle. Strips on a small scale level seems fine, on a massive zerg to blob scale it might not be now, I would prefer if it wasn't on siege, but I would also prefer if it wasn't mostly stuck on necros either.

2 guilds of 25-35 each? What? Where do you even find a guild with more than 20 people???

This thread is dumb as hell.

Siege still hurts like a truck and if your server can not form an organized group while enemies are busy on your keep for 20 minutes, then your server is plain bad.

This game already has way too much damage and boon removal utilities - the 2 main reasons why no sort of melee gameplay in a blob is not viable. Stop encouraging more lame ass gameplay which everyone hates, just because your server has poor organization.

@SloRules.3560 said:2 guilds of 25-35 each? What? Where do you even find a guild with more than 20 people???

Get out of tier 4.

I like how some of you are ignoring what I'm saying, this was not an outnumbered situation, this was a situation that required extreme amounts of boon stripping to be effective. This meta was garbage and hated back in 2016, but I guess it's loved in 2019, enjoy it I guess.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@SloRules.3560 said:2 guilds of 25-35 each? What? Where do you even find a guild with more than 20 people???

Get out of tier 4.

I like how some of you are ignoring what I'm saying, this was not an outnumbered situation, this was a situation that required extreme amounts of boon stripping to be effective. This meta was garbage and hated back in 2016, but I guess it's loved in 2019, enjoy it I guess.

No seriously? Which guilds have that many people?

@SloRules.3560 said:

Get out of tier 4.

There are stilll guilds that apear once in a while even on t4 NA with that many sometimes a full map queue ktrain the other empty servers...mixed of 20-30 guild and others are just plebs joining the guild ktrain.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Get out of tier 4.

There are stilll guilds that apear once in a while even on t4 NA with that many sometimes a full map queue ktrain the other empty servers...mixed of 20-30 guild and others are just plebs joining the guild ktrain.

oh NA...

@Acyk.9671 said:

Get out of tier 4.

2016: boonshare melee meta with chrono2019: range meta. If they can reliably play in melee 30v30, they are probably stacking support. That's NA exclusively. No guild run 25+ on EU on a regular basis.

...are you sure? :/

Archived