[love]Jenzi - WvW Cele Dagger/Dagger weaver Roaming

kornfanxxx.9143

Build link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQJAoYncMA94i14CG5CM5iFTAroKWADBEVgAQD4eM3mfzA-j1RGABRp8LPlgPq+DM7PkwJAgO9AA8AACAcAcezDgzP/8zP/8a+5nf+5nf+5nfepA2arF-w

Hi everyone, wanted to post a recent roaming video I made showing my D/D celestial weaver in small-scale teamfights & solo roaming.

Some people remain skeptical because they just don't want to believe main-hand dagger's an impressive weapon on weaver compared to sword,they claim its due to its poor dual skills, which i consider blasphemy.

I argue daggers dual skills are really impressive when used properly, and properly using daggers dual skills means properly using unravel. unravel unlocks the builds potential by allowing on demand power or condition damage burst with easy follow up to reliably down enemies in seconds, mobility, chain-CC, or for defensive reasons.

all in all it really opens up the builds adaptability to respond to your environment instantly, instead of having to anticipate more variables whilst fighting.

Note while watching the video how dagger has a unique strength, in that your weapons I-Frames are offensive in nature, as opposed to swords which are defensive in nature. chaining these skills together is possible with some practice, & you can dominate groups of enemies with tons of PbAOE damage & CC.

I've gone into more detail about the specifics on dagger weaver's playstyle, strengths, & build in the elementalist forums, Link is here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/66433/d-d-weaver-prepare-to-be-refuted-you-naysayers#latest

Feel free to post here or message me in game with questions/duel requests/ect..

@RisenHowl.2419 said:Nice fights, interesting to see a d/d weaver. Concept is good but build could be optimized i think

edit:how are you handling soulbeasts?

No issues here. decent ones can draw out the fight with stealth resets & kite me a bit since their movement skills are on shorter CD's than mine. only matchup i find unfavorable is condi mirages.

Far as optimizing the build goes, i've been revising it now for months, i'm a notorious min/maxer, running full 18 +5 power infusions, full ascended celestial, & my consumable costs me 3.5g per use lol (Red Lentil and flatbread feasts - they give +45 to all stats including concentration & expertise, as well as -15% incoming condition duration). pack runes are (for me) the best stat spread since the rune & sigil rework brought alot of runes up to durability level of power. pack runes keep my fury uptime higher, which is important for this build, to maintain at least 75% crit chance, or 90% w/ weakness trait.

I've squeezed every single drop of stat allotment out of the build that's currently possible in the game as it sits, utility choices & traits are unfortunately really rigid with this build otherwise it falls apart. though if i had to pick a utility to drop I guess twist of fate would be the first to go. primordial stance & unravel are the centerpiece of the builds flow & damage.

@"Kovu.7560" said:"You're fine." .... lol

I'm impressed you caught that warrior on ele. They're generally pros at running away.Interestingly, on Soulbeast, elementalist is one of my better matchups. I can generally kill them or at worst run away from the bunkers.

~ Kovu

Magnetic leap changes gave mainhand dagger a roughly 1100~ unit legit leap, and its beyond amazing, since it has no vertical drop through the animation similar to guardian's greatsword 3 leap. & its on a 18 second cooldown. add in ride the lightning (15 sec cd if you hit something, 30 if you dont), & steam surge/burning speed being gap closers while you and the chased are in combat~ d/d weaver is extremely mobile.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:This is a welcome different build to the usual "marshall-cele" boring weaver bunker build we usually see. Thanks, OP! I cant thumbs up it enough

Thanks, I've been playing it for months, but since the rune & sigil rework (specifically might/battle sigils getting put into overdrive, pack runes general 15% boon duration)& the dagger/unravel buffs to ele, i thought it prudent to take the build public since it's performing so well.

well i can see that you would have problems against condi mirages , you dont take the trait that gives you regen when you gain swiftness, in a duel you coudl ofc always just change it for easy condi clear

apart from that i think every build of ele that consist of full cele eq (or even more tanky eq)+water+arcane is considered bunker, but the sad thing is , we just cant play anything else if you dont want to die within seconds when you get jumped by two ppl, fresh air is okayish for dueling but sucide for solo or duo roaming , im waiting for the day an ele can run around in a zerk/marauder eq and be viable, not OP i 1vs3 you , just viable

@Sekai.2987 said:well i can see that you would have problems against condi mirages , you dont take the trait that gives you regen when you gain swiftness, in a duel you coudl ofc always just change it for easy condi clear

apart from that i think every build of ele that consist of full cele eq (or even more tanky eq)+water+arcane is considered bunker, but the sad thing is , we just cant play anything else if you dont want to die within seconds when you get jumped by two ppl, fresh air is okayish for dueling but sucide for solo or duo roaming , im waiting for the day an ele can run around in a zerk/marauder eq and be viable, not OP i 1vs3 you , just viable

I guess you could pick up woven stride if you felt it was desperately needed, but elements of rage is a big part of the builds damage output. it provides roughly 10% passive crit chance(or 219 precision) & 10% damage bonus for 8 seconds when you double attune. Unravel & elements of rage are like peanut butter & jelly, unravel pretty much allows this trait to act as a 10% damage bonus every time you burst, its passive brings my crit chance to 55%, which then with my near perma fury access brings my crit chance to 75%, 90% if i nail somebody with weakness.

The condition cleanse in this build isn't poor by any means. its just less than a woven stride sword dagger weavers, who's strong point is high personal cleanse. I'll list the sources:water attunement swap (2 clear aoe)evasive arcania (1 clear aoe)katabalic wind air/water (1 clear aoe)transmute frost aura (1 clear aoe)cleansing wave dagger 5 (2 clear aoe)

when fighting heavy condis going into air/water is your best source of mass aoe clear. you can blow cool-downs consecutively with #3/4/5 being katabalic wind/frost aura(and transmute) & cleansing wave.

Another trick to help clear conditions from yourself or friends is to abuse an unravel charge after you exit water main-hand into another (x/water) then popping unravel to be (x/x) , you've reset your global attunement ICD, and can clear two more conditions again by going into water attunement (water/water)

Also consider that weaver. even D/D has quite a few evade frames in its kit.x2 twist of fate(1 second evade per) 40 second CD/chargemud slide ( 1/2 second evade) 20 second CDburning speed (3/4 second evade) 12 second CDsteam surge (3/4 second evade) 18 second CDupdraft (1 second evade) 40 second CDthen x2 normal dodges. 10 second CD, 7.5 second CD w/ vigor.

so you've got about 6.5 seconds worth of I-frames in your kit, most of which have decent cool-downs, so its pretty reasonable to assume you can evade a good portion of enemy condi application while fighting, then clear the rest, But yeah, 1v1'ing condi mirages is a pain, & i've honestly never been as good at fighting condi mirages to begin with. my brain doesn't like to anticipate when a mirage cloak will end as opposed to dodge rolls having an animation you can time your burst to, so i have a bad habbit of mis-timing when evade frames begin or end, & usually dump my burst into I-frames.

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@Justine.6351 said:Have you tried adjusting the camera settings? There is something weird going on with your's that makes the vid look like I haven't slept in 24hrs.

what about it seems off to you? im not sure what your seeing im not

Bird's-eye view gameplay lol

yeah I get that, its just a habit i formed to see animations of others in a larger radii to read the situation. what works for me may not work for others, like using the look-behind key is a habit i could never get into, or using V to dodge, i just have always double tapped directional keys.

@kornfanxxx.9143 said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@Justine.6351 said:Have you tried adjusting the camera settings? There is something weird going on with your's that makes the vid look like I haven't slept in 24hrs.

yeah I get that, its just a habit i formed to see animations of others in a larger radii to read the situation. what works for me may not work for others, like using the look-behind key is a habit i could never get into, or using V to dodge, i just have always double tapped directional keys.

But using the look behind key is a life-saving trick. It's so easy to use and can be utilized in many different situations, like looking backwards to see if enemies are close, or to blink while using meteors etc.

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:

But using the look behind key is a life-saving trick. It's so easy to use and can be utilized in many different situations, like looking backwards to see if enemies are close, or to blink while using meteors etc.

i know i know lol, i've been lectured many times about it. I have it bound to my mouse too, just I ALWAYS forget to use it, i always just turn my camera when i wanna see. I also don't play alot of staff ele either.

Archived