Suggestion: Turn EoTM into a Battle Royale.

X T D.6458

Just a random idea I had recently...taking some inspiration from the incredibly popular games Apex Legends and Fortnite, I got curious if something like this could be implemented in GW2. I think EoTM would be a perfect place for this type of content. For those that are unaware of this type of gameplay, you have a bunch of small teams fight to be the last one standing on a map that continously gets smaller and smaller. Here are some ideas

-Premade/Random teams of 3 people. 20 teams per map, new instances are only created when there are enough teams to start a match.-Remove all objectives and siege. Replace them with simple capture points. Points are awarded for capturing and hold points in intervals of 2 minutes.

• Capture points can be upgraded the longer they are held but will only allow for simple offensive/defensive weapons like a turret or barricade to keep gameplay fast.
  • Players are automatically eliminated after 3 deaths. If an entire team is dead at the same time, that team is eliminated automatically.
  • Points are awarded for capturing, holding, and killing/reviving players.
  • Matches can be set for 20 minutes

Any thoughts?

@Xterra.6172 said:honestly i think the map is great for it.

Agreed. Its a great idea and a great map.Map is big enough so they don't all bump into each other from the start.Small skirmishes between a couple of teams here and there.Lots of kiting potential and ambush points.Lots of oops you got knocked off the bridge moments.Perfect.

Weird my same suggestion for this from a few days ago seems to have disappeared..

Edit: my eyes were playing tricks on me.. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/827554/#Comment_827554

@XenesisII.1540 said:Obviously the announcement is going to be they're adding a Battle Royale mode to wvw, it's the new bandwagon these days.

Eotm map will be converted to support this change.It will not be blue green red sides, all gates will be removed.It will not have scoring, and chests will be randomly placed around areas of interest, these chests will provide for you a random weapon for your class or an armor piece of the blue green yellow qualities, you can also loot player corpses and hope they have armor for your class type. The keep may have some extra goodies.Games will comprise of 15 teams of either 3 or 5 player groups, who will spawn in randomly at the 4 front points of interest in each side and the 3 towers, not the keeps or supply areas.If you solo queue, you will given a random blue item to begin with when the match starts.Banners will be placed around the middle area to display the current kill leader and mug shots of their team, you can buy additional poses in the black lion shop, chair poses are also usable, outfits and black lion weapons would also look super cool here wink wink twitchy wink.The area will shrink 2 times every 5 mins down to the small middle area of the map, first to the outer tower ring, then down to the supply depot ring.The winning team will spawn in lion's arch so they can immediately brag about it in general chat, plus awarded 1 gold, and you can also earn pips while in the battle royale.Also a 2 gold entry fee, have to keep the wvw cost to reward tradition intact.

Oh and the shrinking of map technology which is already available in the new PvP 1 vs 1 maps when applied to the EOTM map, will force teams to have to move towards the center of the map in order to avoid getting caught by the encroaching death rays.The match itself probably doesn't need a 20 minutes timer, but the encircling death rays that force teams towards the middle of the map could start after 20 mins.Eventually there will be a winner when they are all forced into the middle of the map while the death rays bear down on them.

@Dawdler.8521 said:So basicly, there are two possible ways this could end:

• It's bad. No one plays it. The implementation is crummy. It was pointless for Anet to spend time on it that was desperately needed for WvW.

• It's good. Everyone plays it. Anet commit 100% to it. WvW dies.

Which do you want?

Way three: It's fun, moderately visited by players and adds another gamemode to the already existing WvW. People play both.

@Raknar.4735 said:

• It's bad. No one plays it. The implementation is crummy. It was pointless for Anet to spend time on it that was desperately needed for WvW.

Which do you want?

Way three: It's fun, moderately visited by players and adds another gamemode to the already existing WvW. People play both.

Yeah cause wvw populations need another mode to split the already dwindling playerbase.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Which do you want?

Yeah cause wvw populations need another mode to split the already dwindling playerbase.

Personally I think if the mode is implemented successfully, we can do away with PvP and let all the PvP crowd play in this new map.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Which do you want?

So you're saying we shouldn't change anything at all and just let the dwindling playerbase dwindle even more and finally die? Changes are sometimes needed.

@Raknar.4735 said:

Which do you want?

So you're saying we shouldn't change anything at all and just let the dwindling playerbase dwindle even more and finally die? Changes are sometimes needed.

You either dont know why wvw is dying, or you dont care. Either way, this could be something for pvp.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Which do you want?

You either dont know why wvw is dying, or you dont care. Either way, this could be something for pvp.

Personally I think this sounds like something so different from the existing WvW, more like a roaming free-for-all map, than anything that would contest main WvW for zergs and stuff. So I don't really see how it would impact it much at all ? You might get a few less roamers, which is a dying breed anyways, because WvW is so horribly bad for roaming these days.

Personally think they could make an alteration of the EotM map instead of replacing it entirely, you could always run them next to each others. Interesting idea.

I like it alot. You could allow premade teams, offer some prestige rewards and you might even end up attracting more hardcore players. The closing zones should keep the more cheesy mobility and stealth abusers in check. But I think they shouldnt take to long to close, so a match doesnt take longer than half an hour or so.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Love the overall idea.

Some thoughts:I would prefer if a death means instant elimination for that player.No revive allowed if fully killed.I would also prefer if there is no capture point system which would make it just a larger scale PvP.It should purely be a death match between teams.Hell in a cell.Last man standing.

There are a few reasons why you dont want to eliminate a player for one death. Players might become hesitant to engage other players and giving extra chances allows for better teamplay and coordination.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

Oh and the shrinking of map technology which is already available in the new PvP 1 vs 1 maps when applied to the EOTM map, will force teams to have to move towards the center of the map in order to avoid getting caught by the encroaching death rays.The match itself probably doesn't need a 20 minutes timer, but the encircling death rays that force teams towards the middle of the map could start after 20 mins.Eventually there will be a winner when they are all forced into the middle of the map while the death rays bear down on them.

The 20 minutes is just a random number, it can really be any amount in that range.

@Kovu.7560 said:So basically fast paced large scale pvp?Nothing wrong with that. A solid idea for a beautiful map that doesn't really see any love.

~ Kovu

Yes exactly, very simple concept and this map just seems perfect for it.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

So basicly, there are two possible ways this could end:

Which do you want?

I think this would mostly appeal to PvP'ers and those WvW'ers who like small team fights.

@joneirikb.7506 said:

Which do you want?

Personally I think this sounds like something so different from the existing WvW, more like a roaming free-for-all map, than anything that would contest main WvW for zergs and stuff. So I don't really see how it would impact it much at all ? You might get a few less roamers, which is a dying breed anyways, because WvW is so horribly bad for roaming these days.

Personally think they could make an alteration of the EotM map instead of replacing it entirely, you could always run them next to each others. Interesting idea.

I love my roamers, but damn I hate seeing them getting run over by zergs. I can understand the frustration felt by players who prefer that kind of playstyle who either cant escape the blobs or cant find fights.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Which do you want?

I honestly don't know what you want from me.It doesn't matter if you implement it as a WvW mode or a PvP mode, the players that want to play that mode will play it and leave / spent less time in their previous mode.It's obvious WvW is dying because there are no updates / changes to make it more appealing for more players, so I think this BR/ Hunger games-esque mode could help.As it seems you don't want any changes to WvW, guess you just don't care.

Archived