LOW FPS & DROP

Good Morning Guys,I have an issue concerning the LOW FPS and Drop when Playing GW2 only with a range of 12 ~ 23 FPSi have a Powerful GPU ( Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB), RAM 16GB DDR3 and CPU ( Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz (4CPUs) and up to 3.6 GHz) and um stilling .... Please i need someone to help me with my issue.P.S : um playing on a Samsung Screen Model : LA32D403E2 with a refresh rate 50/60 and while playing another games on the same screen the FPS is locked on 120 FPS

• 3 weeks later...

@TromzOr.2847 said:Good Morning Guys,I have an issue concerning the LOW FPS and Drop when Playing GW2 only with a range of 12 ~ 23 FPSi have a Powerful GPU ( Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB), RAM 16GB DDR3 and CPU ( Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz (4CPUs) and up to 3.6 GHz) and um stilling .... Please i need someone to help me with my issue.P.S : um playing on a Samsung Screen Model : LA32D403E2 with a refresh rate 50/60 and while playing another games on the same screen the FPS is locked on 120 FPS

My first guess would be that you might have cranked up the CPU settings a bit too high, which would explain low fps. While your graphic card is very powerful, your CPU is pretty bad. 3.2GHz base (3.6GHz turbo) is pretty outdated.

Also, I'm not exactly sure when you first bought your computer, but your CPU is suggesting that it might be within the 4-5 years range, which get me guessing that it could be that the thermal paste might have been wearing off a little bit, which would then sort of cap your CPU performance at 50-60% (I doubt it is that, but it's a possibility)

Could you however give a bit more details:-Game settings (please be specific) Shaders low/medium/high, Reflection etc... (if you can take a screenshot, would be good)-HDD? 5400 rpm, 7200rpm, is it an SSD (please do list them all)? (if you do have an SSD are you booting from it? sometimes you have 2 HDD and windows is installed on the slower, as well as the game)-RAM Is that on 2 channel or 4 channel (8x8 or 4x4x4x4)? also are you sure that both your RAM are working ? I've had instances when only one of my 4GB RAM was working and the game being relatively demanding on the 4GB RAM range, I runned into issues, and my FPS was really low.-Monitor: I just checked it online, is that monitor of yours a TV?-Resolution: 1080p, 1440p, higher ?

@tim.4596 said:My first guess would be that you might have cranked up the CPU settings a bit too high, which would explain low fps. While your graphic card is very powerful, your CPU is pretty bad. 3.2GHz base (3.6GHz turbo) is pretty outdated.

Also, I'm not exactly sure when you first bought your computer, but your CPU is suggesting that it might be within the 4-5 years range, which get me guessing that it could be that the thermal paste might have been wearing off a little bit, which would then sort of cap your CPU performance at 50-60% (I doubt it is that, but it's a possibility)

Could you however give a bit more details:-Game settings (please be specific) Shaders low/medium/high, Reflection etc... (if you can take a screenshot, would be good)-HDD? 5400 rpm, 7200rpm, is it an SSD (please do list them all)? (if you do have an SSD are you booting from it? sometimes you have 2 HDD and windows is installed on the slower, as well as the game)-RAM Is that on 2 channel or 4 channel (8x8 or 4x4x4x4)? also are you sure that both your RAM are working ? I've had instances when only one of my 4GB RAM was working and the game being relatively demanding on the 4GB RAM range, I runned into issues, and my FPS was really low.-Monitor: I just checked it online, is that monitor of yours a TV?-Resolution: 1080p, 1440p, higher ?

Okay i will update you with every single detail you need ..As u saidFirst -My CPU is 5~8 years range and i didn't change the thermal paste before. (Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz ) 3rd generation.Second - My Monitor is a TV thats right.Third - my RAM on 4 Channels 4x4x4x4Fourth - Resolution 1360 x 768Fifth - my HDD is 7200 RPM ( Model : SEAGATE ST1000DM003 if u wanna check it.)and finally for the game settings here you gohttps://ibb.co/PrMkDJkhttps://ibb.co/yVbTgyJ

Thanks @tim.4596your concern is highly appreciated.

Something is seriously wrong with the game.

Myself running on 144 Hz screen, 1920 res, i7 8750H 6 cores running on 4 GHz, 24 GB DDR4, GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM I even get typing lag, a very unusual phenomenon. Takes me several seconds to finish typing a sentence which I have to correct 20 times to get it done right because letters appear with a delay. On my previous 3+ years old laptop I never experienced that.

I also get disconnected lately but I have normal ping (40 avg.).

I'm now experimenting with having VSync enabled and it does improve overall smoothness. You perhaps may get artificially reduced frame rate, but it's more consistent. I recommend you try the same along with reducing some details like shadows to medium, model limit to lowest, model quality to low, particle effect LOD to enable and rendering to native.

Archived