Staff Daredevil for PVP

InFamouz.4097

Hi, im new to thief and i liked the daredevil acrobatic playstyle (especially the staff skills) but im actualy getting rekt on teamfights, now i know that the thief job is to +1 and decap sidenodes, but the staff daredevil wasn't supposed to be a teamfighter? im getting so many blinds that the vaults and dodges miss a lot.Im using this build : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJA2an8lC9OhFOBmOB0PhFqiaO73+x3LD+gSornCgDA-jZQBBAw+DAA , am i doing something wrong?

For staff I like to run Instant reflexes instead of pain response and Escapists absolution instead of staff master (90% of the time I run EA) The reason being because Pain Response's condi clear is so seldom that you don't get much utility out of it. IR has a high cooldown, but it can sway a fight if you get a safe stomp out of it, as well as being good for simply escaping and decapping, etc.

You should still +1 and decap, you're just a little better at teamfighting/1v1ing is all, especially depending on if you run shortbow or not as your offhand. Don't spam vault, 2, 4 and autoattack are very good in teamfights- you should only spam vault when necessary. Otherwise, make good use out of 2, the weakness application in teamfights is key.

I personally recommend to use DA or even CS instead of acro, acro staff was literally unkillable before but right now it does nothing, it doesn't have any pressure in any target whatsoever so your team fight potential will be close to 0 since you don't deal that much damage.Also if you are in pvp don't use vault that much, only for cleave or kite. It's really clunky and easy to dodge, try to use #3 and #4, with 3 you do damage while dodging and #4 is a range blind with vuln stack.

Archived