Power Block v Lightning Rod

sephiroth.4217

@sephiroth.4217 said:Would be nice if Lightning Rod functioned like the Mes domination trait.

just sayain

There a lot of effects on ele if they worked like other classes would be far better. If Diamond Skin was just made to work like Purity of Purpose tempest would be stronger then FB for support but it dose not work that way and no one runs diamond skin because its a realty bad trait. You can say the same thing for lighting rod ppl dont run it as it dose nothing for most of ele effects far better to run bold to the hart or fresh air sadly.

Most GM traits on ele are trash tier in gw2 most of the M level or even the A level traits are better then ele GMs ones.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Would be nice if Lightning Rod functioned like the Mes domination trait.

just sayain

Huh? Lightning rod activates on disable, power block on interrupt. That means you don't actually need to interrupt on ele to trigger lightning rod. It's better than power block in terms of ease of trigger. It can also crit where powerblock can't. What is better about power block other than the increased skill cooldown?

@kodesh.2851 said:

just sayain

Huh? Lightning rod activates on disable, power block on interrupt. That means you don't actually need to interrupt on ele to trigger lightning rod. It's better than power block in terms of ease of trigger. It can also crit where powerblock can't. What is better about power block other than the increased skill cooldown?

Power block can crit?would just be nice if Lightning Rod also enforced the 15s skill lock out is all.

edit: gunna check power block crit using a video of my build.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather compare Lost Time with Lightning Rod.

Lost Time basically is a Slow-inflicting version of Lightning Rod, except Chronomancer has significantly more crowd-control access than an Elementalist in most situations.

I'd rather Lightning Rod have lowered base-damage and increased critical-damage potential; better yet, inflict Vulnerability in addition to it inflicting Weakness and dealing damage. That's my two-cents on all of this.

Power Block is nice for Mesmer, but it's losing its touch due to Lost Time being superior to the trait now. People run:Lost Time Chronomancer and not Power Block.

Archived