Suggestion: Separate ressurect, stomp and interact keybinds

bambi.6214

Especially in WvW but also in other game modes, people get annoyed because when they try to resurrect or stomp they use random necro portal instead. would it be possible to get a separate key bindings for resurrection stomping and interacting and one universal so people can just keep using it as it is?

Hmm, wouldn't mind that, or possibly link some parts to the "special action" key we got. Though it would need some priority system, so it always cancels the bloodstone crazy attacks first before starting to rez a downed player :p

A priority system for interactions would be good in general. But moving rez and stomp over to the special action would also be excellent (or other variations)

Edit: or heck, the mount button since we don't use that in wvw anyways, give us a couple of finishers themed around what mount we currently got active, so we can stomp people by taking our mount by the tail and smacking it over the corpse!

They have changed the priority of the interacts a few time. I'd love it if they reached out to the community and asked what sort of order we'd like to see, e.g. stomp before rez or ...

In the meantime, I find it useful to bind a convenient key/mouse button to the "wield|disarm" toggle and use it when I need to escape out of a rez etc. (It's also useful for animation cancelling generally, if you're skilled enough to pull that off.)

How I imagine it is, when we stand near a downed ally, downed enemy and on a scourge portal, we have 3 pop-ups in the style of what we have now: one says "Press X to start reviving", one below it "Press C to stomp", and the bottom one "Press V to use". Each has different color but they pop-up in the same area the one we have now is.

Imagine walking into a busy, active battlefield, and as you move closer suddenly you can no longer see any players because everything is prompting you to press a button on it.

Then imagine you can activate all of them with a single button, and you had the ability not only to know what holds priority for your action, but designate it with a single click.

@"Trise.2865" said:Imagine walking into a busy, active battlefield, and as you move closer suddenly you can no longer see any players because everything is prompting you to press a button on it.

Then imagine you can activate all of them with a single button, and you had the ability not only to know what holds priority for your action, but designate it with a single click.

You can get only up to 3 pop-ups, each for the closest corresponding action. If there's 3 downed allies and 4 downed enemies near you, you get 2 pop-ups - one is "ressurect" for the closest ally and one is "Finish!" for the closest enemy. Priority system is clearly not working properly at the moment as many many many times I used a necro portal instead of ressurecting a downed ally despite selecting said ally via party menu.

Archived