Advanced Tip & Tricks for Thief players

hOpe.6180

Hey everyone, so long story short: i started playing Thief (s-d/sb core) about a week ago, and it's been a fucking blast srsly i love this profession, now obviously i don't know all the ropes but still wan't to improve, and this where this thread come in action: a place to share more or less advanced tactics to help us become greater thief players.
Some precision tho, i'm talking especially for PvP but if you wan't to PvE tips are welcome aswell, i'm not talking for a spec in particular, shall it be core daredevil or deadeye everything is welcome.Let's get started, from what i've learned from experience and by watching some streamers.

• Pre-cast before Stealing ! this is one is big and i'm basically using it all the time, you cast a channelled spell (in my case often dagger 5 sometimes sword 3) and at like 70% of spell animation you use Steal, so you will land your spell + Steal, means a way bigger instant burst + follow up from said spell (in my case blind or daze from dagger 5, or boonrip from sword 3), but any channelled spell will work aswell.Note that Shadowstep and Shadow return work in the same way, so you can pull some cool plays like pre-cast stolen fear from Necro + Shadow return in the middle of a teamfight, etc.
  • Turn your camera right before Stealing to an opponent moving to your direction will makes you hit him from behind. Very usefull to proc things that only work from behind or the sides, Vallun made a quick guide about this -> /watch?v=-8BvaZ-oM_Y
  • You can use Steal or Shadow return while being stunned, very usefull to confuse an ennemy trying to burst you following his stun.
  • This one is not very advanced but; About Face is your friend ! I felt like the value from this ability is crucial as Thief, it has increased alot my survavibility with Withdraw or Rfi, imo a must have to become a better Thief.
  • Again not very advanced, but know your Port and No-port spot is very usefull either for offense or defense, to run away with shortbow 5, versus another Thief, etc. Also fuck stairs and Shadowstep.

That's all i can think for now, feel free to share anything you can think of, help me and us becoming better Thiefs !

Archived