So coming back after a LOOOONG break... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

So coming back after a LOOOONG break...

How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

Comments

  • ZeftheWicked.3076ZeftheWicked.3076 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Since i see a ton of scourges and they are cacerous as always, i'd risk saying they are doing quite well in spvp. Not sure about the build they run, but pretty sure there's blood magic and some healing power in it.

    As for reapers they also do well, mostly as either side point fighters (if tanky) or burst dps with team if build for that.

  • Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They both still need a nanny in sPvP and scourge still own the zerg in WvW.

  • @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

  • Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    That's odd. I often find myself top dps doing t4s/cms on my power reaper.

    "Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2019

    @Lahmia.2193 said:

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    That's odd. I often find myself top dps doing t4s/cms on my power reaper.

    I think he meant laughed at by the people speedclearing the aerodrome golem raid. :p

  • Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    I assume you mean meta raid groups, because I see them everywhere else and they do just fine.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    I assume you mean meta raid groups, because I see them everywhere else and they do just fine.

    Because in open world you can just play any build and succeed

  • Skotlex.7580Skotlex.7580 Member ✭✭✭

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    I assume you mean meta raid groups, because I see them everywhere else and they do just fine.

    Because in open world you can just play any build and succeed

    In other words, reaper does just fine in all content except that in which ALL that matters is having the top DPS in the group.

    Seems like a fair trade off to me.

  • Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2019

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    I assume you mean meta raid groups, because I see them everywhere else and they do just fine.

    Because in open world you can just play any build and succeed

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    I assume you mean meta raid groups, because I see them everywhere else and they do just fine.

    Because in open world you can just play any build and succeed

    Dungeons are not the open world. Tier 2 fractals aren't the open world. Living Story instances aren't the open world. So if we're talking PvE, we're saying you need a meta build in what? 5% of the content? 2%? It's silly to me how some people think raids are the only PvE in this game. Raids represent a tiny tiny percentage of PvE as a percentage of total content and that's true even if you throw T4 Fractals into the mix. I'm very sure most players don't touch that content.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    I assume you mean meta raid groups, because I see them everywhere else and they do just fine.

    Because in open world you can just play any build and succeed

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    I assume you mean meta raid groups, because I see them everywhere else and they do just fine.

    Because in open world you can just play any build and succeed

    Dungeons are not the open world. Tier 2 fractals aren't the open world. Living Story instances aren't the open world. So if we're talking PvE, we're saying you need a meta build in what? 5% of the content? 2%? It's silly to me how some people think raids are the only PvE in this game. Raids represent a tiny tiny percentage of PvE as a percentage of total content and that's true even if you throw T4 Fractals into the mix. I'm very sure most players don't touch that content.

    Because for some people, raids are the only content. I only play raids and wvw. So? Just because you're not playing it doesn't meant it's less important. Also all those "only open world pve" (and yes living story instances, tier 2 fractals and dungeons play like open world, anything is viable, even freaking healshout warrior.

    A normal player wouldn't even notice, if one class would do slightly more dmg than they do right now. Because they will never ever get all the buffs you get in raids

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Skotlex.7580 said:

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    I assume you mean meta raid groups, because I see them everywhere else and they do just fine.

    Because in open world you can just play any build and succeed

    In other words, reaper does just fine in all content except that in which ALL that matters is having the top DPS in the group.

    Seems like a fair trade off to me.

    Nailed it ... People try to make Necro seem like this failhard class. The reality is that in the grand scheme of things, Necro is at least decent to epic in all but that one subset of PVE content. Even within that instanced content, if people learn to play, they can still play whatever and however they want because the threshold for success is so low.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:
    never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    Said nobody ever.

  • @XenoSpyro.1780 said:

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:
    never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    Said nobody ever.

    tell that to raiders, unless you play power reaper then you can almost keep up with the baseline benchmark of most DPS

  • Reaper is somewhat okay for pvp, easily countered by the meta builds at high levels.

    Scourge is pretty pathetic outside of blood builds in an organized 5 man team. To go condi scourge you give up all survivability and only deal middling damage. Very easy to lock scourge down

  • Well, they're putting mounts into WvW. As one of the slowest classes in the game, this is probably a QoL improvement.

  • yh but they will probably destroy scourge in WvW this coming patch.

  • Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    I assume you mean meta raid groups, because I see them everywhere else and they do just fine.

    Because in open world you can just play any build and succeed

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    I assume you mean meta raid groups, because I see them everywhere else and they do just fine.

    Because in open world you can just play any build and succeed

    Dungeons are not the open world. Tier 2 fractals aren't the open world. Living Story instances aren't the open world. So if we're talking PvE, we're saying you need a meta build in what? 5% of the content? 2%? It's silly to me how some people think raids are the only PvE in this game. Raids represent a tiny tiny percentage of PvE as a percentage of total content and that's true even if you throw T4 Fractals into the mix. I'm very sure most players don't touch that content.

    Because for some people, raids are the only content. I only play raids and wvw. So? Just because you're not playing it doesn't meant it's less important. Also all those "only open world pve" (and yes living story instances, tier 2 fractals and dungeons play like open world, anything is viable, even freaking healshout warrior.

    A normal player wouldn't even notice, if one class would do slightly more dmg than they do right now. Because they will never ever get all the buffs you get in raids

    Context is everything. Someone basically makes a statement based on their playing 2% of the game, as if it's some sort of fact. It's not. I make a comment that it's not a fact and that their talking as if their 2% is the entire game is at the very least misleading, which it is. What I said remains true.

    I don't care if raiders only raid. I don't care if WvWer's only WvW. But when either of those smaller demographics put the majority down for not listening to their specific wisdom, of course I'm going to say something. I can't tell you how many times I've seen negative posts about necros, but they remain some of the most popular open world and farming characters in the game, and they're certainly popular in WvW and PvP. The problem is a loud, small segment of the population performs some benchmarks and posts them to the web and suddenly a bunch of people parrot that this is somehow significant in a way that only affects a tiny percentage of the game.

    Today one of my guildies was bummed out about comments she heard about her warrior. She's never going to raid. She doesn't care about T4 fractals. Mostly she just runs around in the open world. My comments are referencing the game as a whole not one specific aspect of it, and I will defend my statements based on that. There's nothing wrong with people only raiding. But when those same people make comments as if they're talking about Guild Wars 2 end stop, it starts to become an issue and I'll call it out every time.

  • Lexan.5930Lexan.5930 Member ✭✭✭

    To the OP
    For sPvP -
    Blood sage works great for solo join, dont be out of position
    If you want curses scourge bring a friend who can give you stab, dont be out of position
    Reaper can run wells with spite or blood or both if you want, depends on how much burst or sustain you want, dont be out of position
    Honestly necro does well in PvP if you can get support. 1v1 is doable if you know what to do when and dont get chain CC'd, 1v2 is basicly not doable unless they suck

    For WvW
    Necro has some of the most aoe pressure in the game and if you can find a group then you can run blood to red, spite for power build or spite curses and just boon rip hordes, again dont be out of position. And dont play alone

    TLDR: scourge and reaper are great in both modes, dont be out of posions or your dead cuz necro has the least mobility options in the game

  • Kotte.2460Kotte.2460 Member ✭✭

    @Dadnir.5038 said:
    They both still need a nanny in sPvP and scourge still own the zerg in WvW.

    There's a reaper build that doesn't need a nanny :)

  • Klowdy.3126Klowdy.3126 Member ✭✭✭

    @Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    How Power Reaper and Condi Scourge are doing in Spvp and WvW ?

    its the only place where they are viable in anyway, never play necro in PVE UNLESS you want to be a meme/laughed at.

    I was gone for a long time, and have played a guardian/DH for the most part. After deciding to give reaper a try again (all I had unlocked was the heal when I started), I really started to enjoy it after really figuring out the abilities. I finished unlocking everything, and have decided to make reaper my new main. A lot of people play this game for fun. Those people that would laugh at someone for enjoying the game in their own way are .ore than likely elitist game snobs in the first place, and who cares what they think, they're rude anyway.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.