Brand New Computer... 14 FPS?

Hello,

My wife and I received our new computer yesterday and even though they are brand new and pretty good, we get, for instance, 100 FPS in World of Warcraft, we get barely to 14 FPS in Guild Wars 2. Our setup is:

Alienware Aurora 8 - i9 9900K processor - 64 GB RAM - NVidia GeForce RTX2080 Ti (11 GB). Our internet is fine and we don't have these problems with other games.I've downloaded and installed the latest driver.I have used GeForce Experience to optimize the game.Nothing helped so far.Is there an option or something I have to change in the graphic settings? Any idea what is wrong?Thank you in advance for your input.Regards,Scorpyo

I once had this problem regarded to my brand new gaming laptop running 18 FPS, fresh installed windows 10 (not PC so idk if this going to work, worth a try tho). This is what i did to get gw2 up to 60 fps :

1. Forces nvidia card to recognize via "manage 3D settings" and points it to your "GW2-64.exe" tweaks some stuffs in there if know what your doing.
  2. Open "Run" > msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Check the "Number of Processors" box and pick the highest number you got > Save and Reboot your PC then turn on the game again and see if it works.
  3. If it still not working please set everything back to normal in Step #2 just in case because it probably going to be involving other reasons.

If this doesn't help then sorry i not an expert in PC. Good Luck !!

@Teratus.2859 said:Monitors hooked up to the graphics cards?I made that mistake once.. had my monitors hooked into the motherboard instead of my GTX1060 card and Gw2 ran like it was being run on a potato PC despite my PC costing me one and a half grand xD

So, I read that and thought: That such a stupid thing to do, so I have not done it of course. Ha! Let me check what @Eros.6801 said and all... (Thank you very much, @Eros.6801 )

And then, while I was checking a program to tell me about my card and all, it said that my card wasn't hooked up to my monitor.

I blushed and checked and you know what? (Of course you do!)

I actually have done the exact same mistake than you: I hooked my monitor in the wrong card... I put it in the correct one and now I have over 100 FPS.

Thank you very much, @Teratus.2859 and @Eros.6801

See you out there.

Regards,

Scorpyo

@Scorpyo.6783 said:Hello,

My wife and I received our new computer yesterday and even though they are brand new and pretty good, we get, for instance, 100 FPS in World of Warcraft, we get barely to 14 FPS in Guild Wars 2. Our setup is:

Alienware Aurora 8 - i9 9900K processor - 64 GB RAM - NVidia GeForce RTX2080 Ti (11 GB). Our internet is fine and we don't have these problems with other games.I've downloaded and installed the latest driver.I have used GeForce Experience to optimize the game.Nothing helped so far.Is there an option or something I have to change in the graphic settings? Any idea what is wrong?Thank you in advance for your input.Regards,Scorpyo

Try playing with d912pxy for even more performance

Archived