Most casual way to get T6 materials effectively?

Squirrel.6318

I'm on that part where I need 250 of each T6 material for my legendary weapon. I tried all those berry farming and unbound farming but it takes me too long because it's not enjoyable and seems like I need quite a bit just to get a few mats. If anyone could give me some advice, I pretty much am just logging in to do wvw dailies for the dungeon tokens necessary to create my gift of the nobleman. I've already spent like 200 laurels and I only have 100 laurels left which I don't want to use up just yet. I pretty much need 100 more of each T6 material.

I guess this would also work: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trophy_Shipment

And volatile magic can come from any LS4 map dailies which are basically just goofing around on the map doing stuff here and there. The daily chests contain it and map currency which again can be converted to volatile magic. Or you can buy volatile logging tools for karma and use them anywhere.

more edit: take a look at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_bonus_reward and play random events on a map that rewards stuff you want.

For at least elaborate totems and maybe powerful blood this might also be cheaper https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge/Material_Promotion if you want to buy for gold.

Thanks guys, casual meaning 1-2 hours of play a day. Well on weekends I have more time to play but during weekdays I barely have time, but I don't want it to take like years to get my T6 mats. I have 1800 hours logged and have been playing on and off since release and still don't have a stack of t6 mats :(

@"phs.6089" said:What Kiza said. I'll juts add a very casual way to earn volatile magic.Go to Sandswept Isle mine those .Consume for VM.If you see 'Portal to Speciment Chamber is open' got do pre fro the meta, that is waves of trash mobs, each will drop VM.Hardly anyone does the bosses so no need to bother with them, juts cleave trash mobs fro 10 minuts.

lol damn it that map is part of the only living story episode i don't have x_x

@dace.8019 said:The most casual way? Whatever you enjoy doing that brings in gold then use the gold to buy them off the TP.

If you are limited on time, this is what I would recommend too.

Why? Because you can now play what you want and if desired optimize you gold/hour gain. This in turn will yield the most amount of T6 materials. Yes, you could farm for T6 materials directly (or switch between different farms). But you really should not discount just gaining gold and buying some.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@dace.8019 said:The most casual way? Whatever you enjoy doing that brings in gold then use the gold to buy them off the TP.

Why? Because you can now play what you want and if desired optimize you gold/hour gain. This in turn will yield the most amount of T6 materials. Yes, you could farm for T6 materials directly (or switch between different farms). But you really should not discount just gaining gold and buying some.

I've been playing since release though and don't bring in any sort of gold. i've just been swerving around 20-30g for years.

@Squirrel.6318 said:

@"dace.8019" said:The most casual way? Whatever you enjoy doing that brings in gold then use the gold to buy them off the TP.

I've been playing since release though and don't bring in any sort of gold. i've just been swerving around 20-30g for years.

If you've been playing since release, you bring in all sorts of gold. You just don't realize that you're spending it nearly as quickly.

• Use GW2 Timer's Clean-up tool to see what sorts of value you have lying around in bank/inventory
  • Use GW2 Timer or GW2 Efficiency to find value in hoarded mats
  • Stop spending on anything other than waypoints, salvage, and harvesting

@Squirrel.6318 said:

I've only recently gotten into crafting. This weekend, I converted stacks of wood and metal that I had accumulated by playing casually (see my signature!) into planks and ingots and made about 17g for my efforts.

@Squirrel.6318 said:

That's a spending issue, not necessarily a gain issue. 1 month of dailies is already 60 gold minimum. Ergo, you must be spending a lot of gold.

@Squirrel.6318 said:

Are you doing the Daily Completionist? Do any three regular dailies and you get 2 gold. It adds up, and does not take very long.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

That's a spending issue, not necessarily a gain issue. 1 month of dailies is already 60 gold minimum. Ergo, you must be spending a lot of gold.

Are you doing the Daily Completionist? Do any three regular dailies and you get 2 gold. It adds up, and does not take very long.

I don't have much time to play on weekdays, so nowadays I only play on weekends, but before I was playing quite a bit on and off, it's actually the Path of fire expansion that destroyed my bank, think it was like 100g in total for all the mounts except the griffon. I only had like 120g at the time.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

If you've been playing since release, you bring in all sorts of gold. You just don't realize that you're spending it nearly as quickly.
  • Use
    to see what sorts of value you have lying around in bank/inventory
  • Use GW2 Timer or
    to find value in hoarded mats
  • Stop spending on anything other than waypoints, salvage, and harvesting

Thanks I have never heard of these tools.

@kharmin.7683 said:

I've only recently gotten into crafting. This weekend, I converted stacks of wood and metal that I had accumulated by playing casually (see my signature!) into planks and ingots and made about 17g for my efforts.

I would sell my mats but I need them for the other things for my legendary.

@"Squirrel.6318" said:I would sell my mats but I need them for the other things for my legendary.

You'll find you have other mats that you won't need for your legendary. GW2 Efficiency has a crafting tab that can show you (a) what you need and (b) what you have to determine © what your shopping list needs are. You can use that to decide what's safe to sell to help fund your project.

PS you can submit multiple items for "crafting", in case you are working on e.g. your legendary + some ascended gear and thus work with just a single shopping list. (You can print it out, too, if that makes managing the process easier for you. Some folks do, most don't.)

^Only cash in on karma from the pact scout when you get the better reward weeks (say week 5 with totems+charged lodestone). Do this to get gold that you can use to buy what youre after. Before the changes Istan was the most reliable way to get VM and you get trophies through the trophy shipments. Now since you can only open the Istan chest a limited amount per day its hard to say. Maybe buy them after farming gold from SW?

Best places to get VM ive found is:+Instan once per day

+Mine the difluorite from sandswept isle on multiple chars. I do this with Volatile glyph and roasted coffee and only mine those nodes close to the starting waypoint. If I cash in on all the difluorite I get 1.8k in around 20min.

+Thunderhead peaks. You get a load of VM doing the North meta event and from collecting all the floating VM all around the place, this can be done on different chars to a certain limit per day. I believe if someone organised a mob farm north of the keep you could get a serious amount of VM, because of the mob density there and the spawn timers theyre on.

Archived