Less than 24 Hours remaining. - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Less than 24 Hours remaining.

2>

Comments

• Not even a heads up from anet lol, nice

• Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2019

Ill be sooo sad today if there isnt a pvp balance today. Pvp balances are our pvp content updates. So please make it happen captain.
    Considering swiss is a fart in the wind and the fact that theres only a single game mode for pvp 5v5 conquest, the only thing this community has going for it is the skill updates and balance.
    Pwease make it happen captain.

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    Ill be sooo sad today if there isnt a pvp balance today. Pvp balances are our pvp content updates. So please make it happen captain.
    Considering swiss is a fart in the wind and the fact that theres only a single game mode for pvp 5v5 conquest, the only thing this community has going for it is the skill updates and balance.

It will likely happen next week with the other changes planned to go live for that date.

• @Eddbopkins.2630 said:

could happen next week, could happen in 2 weeks, maybe a month? The only people who know for real remains silent so there is no point speculating.

• 404 Balance Patch Not Found

• and all we get is a nothingburger

• @Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

It will likely happen next week with the other changes planned to go live for that date.

this is the same thing that we've been saying for months

• Jack Redline.5379Jack Redline.5379 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ruufio.1496 said:
    Buffed necro axe 2 by 5%
    Reduced soulbeast bird swoop to 950 but gave it an evade
    Removed stability on evade from scrapper and gave it regen on evade
    Reduced the healing in celestial avatar but gave immob on staff swap instead of daze
    Reduced cooldown of ranger axe 3 by 2s and reduced aftercast by 0.05s
    Increased unblockable duration of all ranger abilities by 1s
    Halved the damage of pry bar

This is what I expect to happen

You silly you forgot the Deadeye nerf that will buff Deadeye and nerf everything else related to Thief DUH

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

Balance patch is going to drop next week with the WvW mount since it's clearly going to be a big non LW update.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• Jack Redline.5379Jack Redline.5379 Member ✭✭✭✭

@incisorr.9502 said:

@Shadow Order.7258 said:

@incisorr.9502 said:
    time to see if anet has any decency/honor or they're gonna feel peer pressured due to streamers rising up against a sub 50% win rate profession (mirage) and nerf it even more when it's already not good

x d

F u c k you mirage main. We are sick of your kitten about your carrying class being nerfed.

and im sick of a bunch of horrible players who are too arrogant and ignorant and don't want to learn to play begging on the forum for unreasonable and undeserved nerfs

you know what i saw earlier? I was watching a gw2 streamer and one of the people in the chat asked him for a build (For the class the streamer is playing) and you know what the streamer said? "Yeah its a viable build and it counters mirage but id rather just wait for them to nerf mirage" LMFAO. This is the type of people trying to peer pressure anet into nerfing mirage- I KNOW HOW TO COUNTER MIRAGE BUT I DON'T WANT TO. I WANT TO PLAY MY GREEDY BUILD AND JUST BEG THE DEVELOPER TO BUTCHER THE CLASS, XD

what people that hate on mirage don't understand is that MIRAGES ALSO HAVE TO FIGHT OTHER MIRAGES , the fact that i have absolutely no problem with other mirages just goes to show that the class isn't invincible or unbeatable when you understand it

EHH... A Thief... ???

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cicada.6298 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

this is the same thing that we've been saying for months

Except this time makes more sense brinded people wishfully thinking ?

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

With the wvw mount next week its dubious theres a patch today.

• Why was it that people thought there'd be a balance patch today?

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• @mortrialus.3062 said:
    Balance patch is going to drop next week with the WvW mount since it's clearly going to be a big non LW update.

Yh but I wouldn't count on it, really though we'd get one today...

• @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    Why was it that people thought there'd be a balance patch today?

Today is mid-season.

• Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭✭

@incisorr.9502 said:

@Shadow Order.7258 said:

@incisorr.9502 said:
    time to see if anet has any decency/honor or they're gonna feel peer pressured due to streamers rising up against a sub 50% win rate profession (mirage) and nerf it even more when it's already not good

x d

F u c k you mirage main. We are sick of your kitten about your carrying class being nerfed.

and im sick of a bunch of horrible players who are too arrogant and ignorant and don't want to learn to play begging on the forum for unreasonable and undeserved nerfs

you know what i saw earlier? I was watching a gw2 streamer and one of the people in the chat asked him for a build (For the class the streamer is playing) and you know what the streamer said? "Yeah its a viable build and it counters mirage but id rather just wait for them to nerf mirage" LMFAO. This is the type of people trying to peer pressure anet into nerfing mirage- I KNOW HOW TO COUNTER MIRAGE BUT I DON'T WANT TO. I WANT TO PLAY MY GREEDY BUILD AND JUST BEG THE DEVELOPER TO BUTCHER THE CLASS, XD

what people that hate on mirage don't understand is that MIRAGES ALSO HAVE TO FIGHT OTHER MIRAGES , the fact that i have absolutely no problem with other mirages just goes to show that the class isn't invincible or unbeatable when you understand it

making a build only to counter 1 certain build, means there is a slight problem in balance, dont u think so?

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

If it's not this week it's 100% going to be next week.

• @mortrialus.3062 said:

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

and then next week when there is no balance patch you get people saying "Lol why did people think there'd be a balance patch today?"

At the end of the day only anet knows.

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

Btw. Can someone create a new topic? I cant anymore for some reason.

edited February 19, 2019

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

and then next week when there is no balance patch you get people saying "Lol why did people think there'd be a balance patch today?"

Because it's clearly planned to coincide with the huge WvW update now that we know what they're working on. I'd bet 100g on it.

• @mortrialus.3062 said:

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Because it's clearly planned to coincide with the huge WvW update now that we know what they're working on. I'd bet 100g on it.

Well, I for one will not be expecting anything except what they announced. Like I said "lol when did anet say anything about a balance patch? We just had a big WvW update"

• At least we got new gem store sale items.

• pah.4931pah.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Seems like a no brainer that a CM would see these threads and come on here and say, "Hey. There isn't a balance patch tomorrow."

I understand not saying WHEN the patch is coming, but I am willing to bet they knew it wasn't coming today.

edited February 19, 2019

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Well, I for one will not be expecting anything except what they announced. Like I said "lol when did anet say anything about a balance patch? We just had a big WvW update"

In your face. You can mail that 100g to my account.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/68888/balance-update-coming-2-26-2019

• @mortrialus.3062 said:

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/68888/balance-update-coming-2-26-2019

"I for one will not be expecting anything except what they announced." :P gg

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

"I for one will not be expecting anything except what they announced." :P gg

Pay up. I called that if it wasn't this week it would be next week with the WvW update.

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

All Gods have left.

@BlackBeard.2873 said:
    I have never seen so many people so excited to be so disappointed!

Summary of upcoming balance patch:

• Some OP stuff will be nerfed, but not in ways that make them more fun or fair to fight. Some will be straight up deleted, others will completely miss the aspects that make them straight up unfair and unfun.
    • Some A-B tier specs will get inexplicably buffed to high-heaven and become OPAF. It is largely a lottery who wins this "honor."
    • A lot of weak specs get a bunch of inconsequential buffs that completely miss the point to why the spec/skill/trait is useless.

Special Ele prediction: 90% chance Anet makes a bunch of useless changes that keeps all ele specs greatly underpowered compared to alternatives. 10% chance they get frustrated with their long-term complete inability to properly balance the spec, and buff it to high-heaven and make it S tier.

Relying on infrequent changes with no large community input (through a public test server) always leads to terrible balance by a team that largely doesn't understand what makes a spec good of bad.

They know, they're just afraid of that legendary unkillable ele.

• Ganathar.4956Ganathar.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

@BlackBeard.2873 said:

• Some OP stuff will be nerfed, but not in ways that make them more fun or fair to fight. Some will be straight up deleted, others will completely miss the aspects that make them straight up unfair and unfun.
    • Some A-B tier specs will get inexplicably buffed to high-heaven and become OPAF. It is largely a lottery who wins this "honor."
    • A lot of weak specs get a bunch of inconsequential buffs that completely miss the point to why the spec/skill/trait is useless.

Special Ele prediction: 90% chance Anet makes a bunch of useless changes that keeps all ele specs greatly underpowered compared to alternatives. 10% chance they get frustrated with their long-term complete inability to properly balance the spec, and buff it to high-heaven and make it S tier.

Relying on infrequent changes with no large community input (through a public test server) always leads to terrible balance by a team that largely doesn't understand what makes a spec good of bad.

If they actually incentivized ele to focus more on offense it wouldn't be unkillable anymore would it?

@Ganathar.4956 said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

@BlackBeard.2873 said:

If they actually incentivized ele to focus more on offense it wouldn't be unkillable anymore would it?

They tried, they gave us a toothpick.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.