What's good and what's bad

Lian Olsam.9541

This topic is intended to be a place where you write what do you love about this game and what you dislike, and also what you should change and or desire. Keep in mind everyone here have his own idea we do not agree with, so please do not be rude and accept different ideas.

PRO1) Not a farm fest game, i think everyone farmed some content for raise some gold, but compared on other games you can really spend your time as you prefear, and this is the best pro gw2 have2) 10 skills only and not a bible for mozart like other games. I really love to have just few good skills, it feel the game fresh, i really think all the games with more skills to be something old and bad to play, imo i whould even cut more, having 8 skills3) Graphics is amazing4) Not a p2w5) Fractals. I really enjoy it, i like the idea of tier, it help player to improve6) Edge of the mist. I'm not a wvw player but i think it's relaxing7) Roles. Like it or not, this game have tank dps and healers, and i really love it, because i can play the same content in different way

PRO AND CONS1) Raids. I love it and i hate it. I love hard content for large group, i love the mechanics (not everyone, some boss are just annoying) what i dislike is the LI/KP situation, i think a kind of tier like fractals could help, or maybe just an easy/normal/insane mod, where the differences are the drops not the raids currency (like magnetite) but more chance for ascended, black lion keys etc.. so hardcore player are happy, and average people who wanna just play with pug can make they weekly jurney whitout fall in a situation where people rage/ragequit/kick we have now

CONS1) The game content is not builded around classes, i think every content should allow everyone to play his class in the optimal composition, but now with raids i.e. every boss have different team composition who work better, and something is also "exploted" like play 6/10 weaver on conjured amalgamated, or 5/10 mirage on largos (https://www.snowcrows.com/benchmarks/) i know you can play what you want, but a game should be more equals imo.1a) This is correlated to the first point, i think elite specializations, make the first point even worse, i know this could do not like to someone, but i think have less well defined classes will help a lot to balance the game and make everything more funny to play, i feel really annoying wait hours to find a chrono on fractals some mirages on largos and so on in other contents2) Engine, we want use all the power of our computers, and play at higher fps, not be stucked on low fps even with the best machine on the market3) or maybe "1b"? spvp balance, again the classes are near to impossible to balance4) this is the most annoying, this game is a graphic spam, in some encounter i just do not understand what's going on, and barely see aoe under me5) dps meter, and build template must be part of the game, the first one helped me to improve myself and uunderstand what's going on when too much failed attempt happen, and the second one do not really need an explanation

DESIREDI'd like to see improvement about what i wrote, someone somewhere asked why a lot of people want a gw3, my reply is because gw2 had clarly differend ideas from different game leader merged in a strange way, and i don't think is possible to fix this, because is about the game design, it's inside the game core. So a new game made by design with some points in mind will help a lot, i played other games and this kind of problem did just do not exist, or are marginals, because the classes are usually more "confined" to a role by design, in gw2 the confinement is not in the design, but we will have in the meta, so for the player freedom do not really change, but it will change when you are not a welcome player because you are a druid (when the game was launched) or to be a reaper who wanna do raid on our days (https://www.snowcrows.com/benchmarks/)

Archived