Help fine tuning a theme — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Help fine tuning a theme

Hey Eles.
Recently returned to the game and unlocked Tempest on my old Ele (as I like the look of it more than weaver).

Looking through the skill lines led me to the picture of Gandalf standing in his light bubble against the Balrog, in this case Auras, specifically flame auras.

Now this build isn't for Raids/fractals/PvP etc... just running around with my friends and doing the old dungeon thing (ie nothing meta/optimal).

I put it together, bit have reached the limit of my knowledge of the finer workings of the game. So was hoping you could all give me some pointers on fine tuning the idea, but still keeping with the theme.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQFAWnMICtMg9MA+XCcYiFBALIAUAeAFbym4Zwt1GbztA-jRhOwAiU+FTJ4X1fGqDAw+DAA-e

Any help would be appreciated. End of the day would just like to have some Auras, a staff and Zerker gear (as I already have that hahah), so open to change.

Comments

• SoulSlavocracy.4902SoulSlavocracy.4902 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2019

Solemn [wHo][shrd] | YouTube Weaver/other montages, tutorials, memes |
    Anvil Rock (main) | Darkhaven (alt)

• @SoulSlavocracy.4902
    Thanks for those. The fire change seems like a great qol change. As is the Tempest stability I presume, wasn't sure about that one when I was picking.
    Arcane abatement makes sense, especially as I would swap attunement when in some kind of trouble. I'll take your word on bountiful power, just didn't think I'd have enough boon uptime with only access to 5.
    Will definitely go for strength runes: figure the Fire ones were overboard Haha. (And I have too much trouble keeping scholar uptime)

The 2nd build: looking at makes me think it works even better than arcane for what I want, as I realise a fair but of Arcane relies on Attunement swapping. Just figured air would require being on Air Haha. On the 1st build you had healing glyph, could that work with air, and then swap aeromancer training to inscription?

Eager to give both try though.

Finally, why lightning fash? And also
    is greatsword Just too strong to give up?

• SoulSlavocracy.4902SoulSlavocracy.4902 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019

@Thorstienn.1642 said:
    @SoulSlavocracy.4902
    Thanks for those. The fire change seems like a great qol change. As is the Tempest stability I presume, wasn't sure about that one when I was picking.

The stability helps, but it's more-so for the 10% damage buff afterward which you can use for meteor

I'll take your word on bountiful power, just didn't think I'd have enough boon uptime with only access to 5.

4 or 5 is still 8-10% more damage so it can help, but it shines better in group contexts where you'll have more boons. In any case you're not roaming/doing PvP with this so there is no real point to running the top trait, and the middle trait sadly isn't very useful for most builds

The 2nd build: looking at makes me think it works even better than arcane for what I want, as I realise a fair but of Arcane relies on Attunement swapping. Just figured air would require being on Air Haha. On the 1st build you had healing glyph, could that work with air, and then swap aeromancer training to inscription?

You will do significantly more damage with air traitline, and have great access to fury application every 3 seconds when you crit, but have slightly less sustain (slightly less concentration, attunement recharge time +15%, and no boon upon attuning).

Finally, why lightning fash?

Really you could run anything instead of lightning flash, but personally I use this skill in most of my ele builds so I can do some cool combos, escape from high pressure areas, meteor shower from 1200 (meteor shower cast while) + 900 (using burning retreat mid-cast) + 900 (lighting flash after cast) = 3000 range.

Yeah pretty much hahah. Put down a meteor shower, lava font, arcane wave, fiery greatsword skill 5 and then cleave through with skill 3, lightning flash away to safety and watch everything in front of you get rekt :'D

by the way, this is the build I use in WvW (so you know what angle I'm coming from when giving feedback -- I prefer to mitigate damage with good movement/mobility while almost maxing out damage)
    http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMMAdOgtMA+4C8RglBALIAMAaA3t6YdtWoSWBOBA-j1RBQBA4CCkQ1WokqEL4BBcl9HlfmUJIe0REAAB4m3MAczbezbezb21t5Nv5Nv5Nv5Nv5NLFggKjA-w

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

@SoulSlavocracy.4902 said:

@Thorstienn.1642 said:
    @SoulSlavocracy.4902

The stability helps, but it's more-so for the 10% damage buff afterward which you can use for meteor

I'll take your word on bountiful power, just didn't think I'd have enough boon uptime with only access to 5.

4 or 5 is still 8-10% more damage so it can help, but it shines better in group contexts where you'll have more boons. In any case you're not roaming/doing PvP with this so there is no real point to running the top trait, and the middle trait sadly isn't very useful for most builds

You will do significantly more damage with air traitline, and have great access to fury application every 3 seconds when you crit, but have slightly less sustain (slightly less concentration, attunement recharge time +15%, and no boon upon attuning).

Finally, why lightning fash?

Really you could run anything instead of lightning flash, but personally I use this skill in most of my ele builds so I can do some cool combos, escape from high pressure areas, meteor shower from 900 (burning retreat) + 1200 (lightning flash) = 2100 range away

Yeah pretty much hahah. Put down a meteor shower, lava font, arcane wave, fiery greatsword skill 5 and then cleave through with skill 3, lightning flash away to safety and watch everything in front of you get rekt :'D

by the way, this is the build I use in WvW (so you know what angle I'm coming from when giving feedback -- I prefer to mitigate damage with good movement/mobility while almost maxing out damage)
    http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMMAdOgtMA+4C8RglBALIAMAaA3t6YdtWoSWBOBA-j1RBQBA4CCkQ1WokqEL4BBcl9HlfmUJIe0REAAB4m3MAczbezbezb21t5Nv5Nv5Nv5Nv5NLFggKjA-w

LF is only 900 though...

• @MyPuppy.8970 said:
    LF is only 900 though...

I actually entirely screwed up my math there lol, not only is LF only 900 but I wasn't accounting for the actual default range of meteor shower when I typed that. So it's 900 + 900 + 1200 = 3000 range meteor cast. Thanks, my bad

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

You can even go further if you have a pocket mesmer with portal at the end of your runnaway MS.

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

Or just waypoint as you start casting, it works for some reason.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.