Canach's Bet: All or Nothing

lezbefriends.7516

The Path of Fire story revealed that the newly freed Canach was betting in favor of our hero against Balthazar. Living Story Season 4 starts with Rytlock telling us that Canach had gone double or nothing on us and Kralkatorrik. The latest episode, called "All or Nothing" is named after this bet. Is Canach a broke sylvari, or is the bet not over, since neither the hero nor Kralkatorrik have died? What is the significance of Canach's bet? (And there must be one, as the episode was named after it. Similarly, I predicted Aurene's death early on, as her character was never being fully developed.) What would/are you betting on in future episodes?

The question on this bet now remains can weakened kralk face glint, vlast, and aurene together at once in the mists. Then the magic or whatever he took from the domain of the lost how many dragons can that bring back to life? I figure that is how its going to go down if you contain kralk into the mists and then absorb all that magic without it damaging tyria then you have a victory and collect your winnings.

@"Klypto.1703" said:The question on this bet now remains can weakened kralk face glint, vlast, and aurene together at once in the mists. Then the magic or whatever he took from the domain of the lost how many dragons can that bring back to life? I figure that is how its going to go down if you contain kralk into the mists and then absorb all that magic without it damaging tyria then you have a victory and collect your winnings.

I still don't understand how Glint, Vlast, and Aurene being in the mists would be necessary as part of this so-called prophecy though. And it's not the magic being set loose that would destroy Tyria, it's the fact that Kralk fits a slot in The All. Once he's gone, we already have 2 others that are missing. It throws the balance out of wack of whatever The All is. Which is the real issue.

One interesting thing to think about regarding your statement is, if someone takes Kralk's place but resides in the Mists. Because, theoretically, the whole purpose of the elder dragons is to cycle magic through each other over time. Sleep, release magic. Wake up, consume magic. Repeat. So if this new elder dragon resides in the mists, I'm not sure how that would be the benefit to the original design or purpose of the elder dragons and their consumption and recycling of magic. How would that impact the aggressiveness of the remaining Tyrian elder dragons when they're awake, and how would that impact the length of their sleep cycles if the mists elder dragon isn't as able to freely cycle through that magic as the others do. Or is their place in the all somehow bypassing the boundaries between mists and Tyria. OR, are places like the Bastion of the Penitent or whatever that are already semi-connected to the mists for mysterious reasons enough of a gap between the boundary to allow the mist dragon to absorb or release the magic of Tyria through.

It just feels like that would be a really complicated route to go. To me, it seems like they will either pull something out of thin air to fix this situation completely unrelated to Aurene involving the mists or the gods or whatever they decide to throw in, or they'll bring Aurene back or pursue some Tyrian-localized solution that at least makes some sense even if it doesn't payoff on the last few years we've spent developing with Aurene (i.e. some Pale Tree solution).

I still think Aurene's original picture being labeled "mini-undead mordremoth dragon" or whatever it was, was a pretty fair indication that she may be the key to resolving part of the problem we have at the moment. With the Pale Tree taking Mordremoth's place and Aurene ultimately taking over Zhaitan. Then perhaps, combined, they would be able to finish off Kralk and split his spheres of influence until a suitable replacement comes in.

Or who knows, with them mentioning Malyck's plot potentially getting development, we could see the Pale Tree taking Mordremoth's place and somehow wind up with a brand new solution of Malyck's tree taking another position. Then we can just have a bunch of random elder dragon trees solving all of our problems for us instead.

It's really anyone's guess at this point as to what's actually going to play out. Apparently they've been posting pictures of Dhuum and Grenth, so perhaps that's a hint that the gods will come back or the underworld will have some larger role in this than people have been able to piece together.

I think if you dig deep enough, at some point or another you're going to find some contradiction to something, and with the stakes being as high as they are currently, something is going to have to give at some point or be "retconned"/tailored to the story to create at least some semblance of cohesiveness.

I suppose it's also possible that if we kill Kralk in the mists, it could somehow be explained that glint takes Kralk's position as the elder crystal dragon, and we could have Aurene replace Zhaitan somehow, and Pale Tree replace Mordremoth, and then wham bam all the dead dragons have been replaced - thanks to Aurene ascending and dying, Kralk traversing the mists to allow Glint to get ahold of that sweet sweet magic, and whatever miraculous plot development Caithe will pull out of her rear end to allow the Pale Tree to ascend to be Mordremoth's replacement.

Or we could just have the six come back and say, screw the all, we want that sweet dragon voodoo and ya'll were fools for thinking you understood The All and the balance in the first place.

Then we just go track down Kunavang, kill Steve because we're just really pumped up and riding the victory train, and use Kunavang to replace steve.

THEN - we say, what's two more? And we go track down Shiny and find some anonymous dragon the flame legion's been holding hostage for all these years and just infuse those dragons with some Primordus and Jormag elderberry juice and call it a day.

UNTIL - the super mega ultra elder dragon of time appears out of thin air and brings them all back, with more power than ever!

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@derd.6413 said:we're not dead, so the bet is still on

Technically, Balthazar already killed us, but why tell the bookie?

kralk didn't kill us so it doesn't count

He made two bets, one was against Balth and the other was against Kral. He should have lost the first one.

we didn't stay dead so it doesn't count

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:we're not dead, so the bet is still on

Technically, Balthazar already killed us, but why tell the bookie?

kralk didn't kill us so it doesn't count

He made two bets, one was against Balth and the other was against Kral. He should have lost the first one.

we didn't stay dead so it doesn't count

why tell the bookie? right?

Archived