Fix Res interrupt: add 5 sec cooldown before next res

westandskif.7935

Hi everyone,

I'd suggest to fix interrupting of Resurrection according to this description: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Interrupt:

Skills which are interrupted have a 5 second cooldown before they can be cast again.

Let's treat Resurrection as a regular skill, this would fix hardly killable FB&Scourge duo and would add some value to interruption of a res, otherwise its value is limited to just daze/stun duration.

Please, share your thoughts on this.

This really is not needed. Just interrupting the Firebrands SoM is usually enough to secure the kill, and SoM does go on the 5 second cooldown.If you can't prevent a standard res, that's not really the Firebrand being OP, it's just you being bad. No offense intended, it's just a fact.There's so many tools to prevent ressing. We don't need more.

@westandskif.7935 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:Only things that already have a cooldown can have interrupted cooldown. The dev(s) that absolutely do not main thief can assure you of that.

Should we even care about how it's implemented? :)Anyhow, why this don't have a cooldown then? Not to mention, how auto-attacks can be weaker than an average res?

Maybe. Should communing/channeling be treated as a skill with cooldown as well?

I want that for ranger pets, i see no reason why they just restart their op resses after the interrupt. The downstateskill for the ress is on cd but the pet just automatically restart ressing. When the first ress got interrupted ranger should need to wait for the downstateskill 3 cd. Resstraits like from Bloodnecro should get deleted and replaced by something else. Maybe also look at gyros. Problems solved.

This would limit ressing to signets and speed resses like search and rescue ranger and blood necro, cause everyone else will be interrupted. So no, this wouldnt be a good solution. not sure what u are trying to fix anyways, this isnt a problem. The res traits are the bad game mechanics.

@bravan.3876 said:I want that for ranger pets, i see no reason why they just restart their op resses after the interrupt. The downstateskill for the ress is on cd but the pet just automatically restart ressing. When the first ress got interrupted ranger should need to wait for the downstateskill 3 cd. Resstraits like from Bloodnecro should get deleted and replaced by something else. Maybe also look at gyros. Problems solved.

I agree with the ranger pet thing. If the pet is interrupted, it should stop ressing. Should apply when you S&R or Function Gyro as well if it doesn't already.

Pulsing res traits are too much yeah, I'd prefer if it did a single 8 - 10% pulse at the beginning instead of the 4% x 5 pulses = 20% total res power. That way you could jump start a res but less overall res power.

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:Tone down rez traits instead.. there is absolutely nothing wrong with rez mechanics.

Agree, handrezzing without benefetial traits is actually a rare feat to pull of nowadays with all the cleave available. What can make rezes annoying is usually rez traits and skills like Transfusion, Search and Rescue (rarelier seen these days), Signet of Mercy. Even those can often be countered though, but many people lack the neccessary awareness. I'd say the combination of rez traits in blood magic (Transfusion, Last Rites, Lesser Well of Blood) on Nec should be tuned down a bit and Signet of Mercy should have a higher cd, otherwise it's fine mostly.

@Yannir.4132 said:This really is not needed. Just interrupting the Firebrands SoM is usually enough to secure the kill, and SoM does go on the 5 second cooldown.If you can't prevent a standard res, that's not really the Firebrand being OP, it's just you being bad. No offense intended, it's just a fact.There's so many tools to prevent ressing. We don't need more.

Yeah noobs, git gud!

Archived