Survivabillity

lordbachus.6091

There is many things i like about the elementalist espescially the weaver.Gameplay and annimations are so much fun... no class has so many ways to be played..

But, as soon as i want to build for survivabillity and semi decent dps, i fail..Solo PvE, PvP, WvW.. it seems glass canon is the only way for the class

So lets start with the basics..Can anyone advise me how to build a sword waever that can survive the jungle and hard PvE storie comtent witouth dieing over and over..My elementalist has no access to ascended gear yet, i am still finishing a set for my engi.. maybe after that, if someone asvises a good build here..

@"Milosz.5938" said:Where did you see "glass canon"? Man it's historical .... now elementalist is only glass.

Historically in most literature.. mages are both destruction as well as being indestructableThey have power shields to protect them.. and can stun anyone if they desire..The trade-off for all this power is exhaustion and not being unlimmited...

But historicall mages being glasscanons is a missconceptionMages in general are the most powerfull people that walk the surface except for the godsAnd elementalists are guild wars form of a mage...

So back om topic, almost all other classes can build for damage or defense and still be decent at the other one..I hope someone can proof me wrong and show me the way to a defensive build that still functions well..

You can use this build. It's similar to the PvE builds found on Metabattle, but I changed a few skills and traits for the purpose of more survivability:

• The focus is the elementalist's defensive weapon. Unlike the dagger, the focus gives you plenty of utility skills, one of them being Obsidian Flesh. It makes you immune to both damage and CC effects for 3 seconds and it has no cast time, but the cooldown is long and should only be used when necessary.

• Use Glyph of Elemental Harmony when attuned to water most of the time because it gives you a lot of health and an additional 10 seconds of regeneration which can help you survive huge damage skills from mobs or bosses.

• Arcane Shield is definitely a must for not only having a stun breaker, but also a shield that blocks 3 attacks and its cooldown isn't that long.

• The build uses Water instead of Arcane. The reason for this is not only because of the trait Aquamancer's Training which gives you 10% increased damage while above 90% health and the 20% reduced cooldown on water skills, but also because of Healing Ripple which heals you and allies every time you attune to water. Keep in mind, it doesn't trigger when you attune to water for the second time.

• Riptide has a lower cooldown thanks to Aquamancer's Training and it not only gives you plenty of healing and regeneration, but it also has a lengthy evade that can help you dodge plenty of attacks.

In general, the way you play this build involves using Dual Attack abilities whenever possible. Just remember to not attune to the same element twice so you'll have access to Dual Attack abilities and every time you use them, you gain both barrier and regeneration. Even with a full berserker set, you shouldn't have to worry too much about dying thanks to the appropriate utility skills and traits.

@"Hoodie.1045" said:You can use this build. It's similar to the PvE builds found on Metabattle, but I changed a few skills and traits for the purpose of more survivability:

• The focus is the elementalist's defensive weapon. Unlike the dagger, the focus gives you plenty of utility skills, one of them being Obsidian Flesh. It makes you immune to both damage and CC effects for 3 seconds and it has no cast time, but the cooldown is long and should only be used when necessary.

• Use Glyph of Elemental Harmony when attuned to water most of the time because it gives you a lot of health and an additional 10 seconds of regeneration which can help you survive huge damage skills from mobs or bosses.

• Arcane Shield is definitely a must for not only having a stun breaker, but also a shield that blocks 3 attacks and its cooldown isn't that long.

• The build uses Water instead of Arcane. The reason for this is not only because of the trait Aquamancer's Training which gives you 10% increased damage while above 90% health and the 20% reduced cooldown on water skills, but also because of Healing Ripple which heals you and allies every time you attune to water. Keep in mind, it doesn't trigger when you attune to water for the second time.

• Riptide has a lower cooldown thanks to Aquamancer's Training and it not only gives you plenty of healing and regeneration, but it also has a lengthy evade that can help you dodge plenty of attacks.

In general, the way you play this build involves using Dual Attack abilities whenever possible. Just remember to not attune to the same element twice so you'll have access to Dual Attack abilities and every time you use them, you gain both barrier and regeneration. Even with a full berserker set, you shouldn't have to worry too much about dying thanks to the appropriate utility skills and Traits

I tried it, and it actually worked quite well... for surviving that is...Also found a nice Celofag build, worked well in conquest, i am trying to convert that one to pve..

Archived