The Warclaw — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The Warclaw

sarkysek.1085sarkysek.1085 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 19, 2019 in WvW

I personally like it! :) Finally I can use some rune other than Traveler's on my DH without worrying too much about mobility! <3 I wonder, is it gonna be tied to a WvW mastery and how much damage will it do to gates or walls? And is it gonna have a damagey/CC engage ability similar to the PvE mounts? Either way, it's always cool to have something new and exciting coming to the game! :)

Comments

  • @sarkysek.1085 said:

    @Colly.4073 said:
    Nobody cares, at least nobody that cares about WvW.

    I do care! :) And I don't feel like nobody, sorry :p

    I'm honestly happy you enjoy it, that there's still hope.
    Don't let go of that joy my friend.
    Many others will try to persuade you into losing it.
    but dont you dare let it go

  • Colly.4073Colly.4073 Member ✭✭✭

    @sarkysek.1085 said:

    @Colly.4073 said:
    Nobody cares, at least nobody that cares about WvW.

    I do care! :) And I don't feel like nobody, sorry :p

    Good for you :)

    You can enjoy the vast expanse of space to run with your mount because what measly pickings of players there are still left in WvW i feel is going to get even thinner.

  • sarkysek.1085sarkysek.1085 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2019

    @Colly.4073 said:

    @sarkysek.1085 said:

    @Colly.4073 said:
    Nobody cares, at least nobody that cares about WvW.

    I do care! :) And I don't feel like nobody, sorry :p

    Good for you :)

    You can enjoy the vast expanse of space to run with your mount because what measly pickings of players there are still left in WvW i feel is going to get even thinner.

    Well, everyone is allowed to have their own opinion :) But that doesn't mean I have to share it.

  • @Blocki.4931 said:

    @Colly.4073 said:

    @sarkysek.1085 said:

    @Colly.4073 said:
    Nobody cares, at least nobody that cares about WvW.

    I do care! :) And I don't feel like nobody, sorry :p

    Good for you :)

    You can enjoy the vast expanse of space to run with your mount because what measly pickings of players there are still left in WvW i feel is going to get even thinner.

    aura of cynicism

    your signature is literally "Logging out forever."
    pls dont be hypocritical, we have to work together

  • Grim West.3194Grim West.3194 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2019

    It might be fun. Will definitely change things up. Most WvW players seem to hate change though. So I expect lots of crying.

    It really depends on how well it's designed for the maps we have. Gliding worked out well even though everyone cried about that too.

  • Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭

    @Colly.4073 said:
    Nobody cares, at least nobody that cares about WvW.

    The WvW community is almost as bad as the sPvP community. It's nothing but salt about things people hate and don't want with no consensus on what people actually do want. So when ANet takes a stab at doing something interesting and new, it's just more salt from WvW players.

    And when people here actually speak up about liking it, there's just a bunch of elitism gatekeeping with people trying to say that they don't reflect the "true" WvW community.

    Truth is, there doesn't seem to be much that the WvW community has in common outside of what they don't like.

  • StrawHat.2639StrawHat.2639 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dahkeus.8243 said:

    @Colly.4073 said:
    Nobody cares, at least nobody that cares about WvW.

    The WvW community is almost as bad as the sPvP community. It's nothing but salt about things people hate and don't want with no consensus on what people actually do want. So when ANet takes a stab at doing something interesting and new, it's just more salt from WvW players.

    And when people here actually speak up about liking it, there's just a bunch of elitism gatekeeping with people trying to say that they don't reflect the "true" WvW community.

    Truth is, there doesn't seem to be much that the WvW community has in common outside of what they don't like.

    That's not quite true better balance in classes/skills and servers is a consensus in WvW, to name 2 related ones.
    Gliding as per my closest wvw guildmates should have only been a desert bl as for mounts...anyways.

    Sanji
    Lost last glimmer of enthusiasm for WvW

    Anet dragon has finally defeated the
    **WvW WarBorn **
    He's over 7000!
    Havok lover with a sprinkle of Zerging

  • We like not lagging
    We like fighting
    We like non-defended objectives
    We like succesfully defending objectives by winning a fight
    We like not lagging at all > @Dahkeus.8243 said:

    @Colly.4073 said:
    Nobody cares, at least nobody that cares about WvW.

    The WvW community is almost as bad as the sPvP community. It's nothing but salt about things people hate and don't want with no consensus on what people actually do want. So when ANet takes a stab at doing something interesting and new, it's just more salt from WvW players.

    And when people here actually speak up about liking it, there's just a bunch of elitism gatekeeping with people trying to say that they don't reflect the "true" WvW community.

    Truth is, there doesn't seem to be much that the WvW community has in common outside of what they don't like.

  • Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭

    @StrawHat.2639 said:

    @Dahkeus.8243 said:

    @Colly.4073 said:
    Nobody cares, at least nobody that cares about WvW.

    The WvW community is almost as bad as the sPvP community. It's nothing but salt about things people hate and don't want with no consensus on what people actually do want. So when ANet takes a stab at doing something interesting and new, it's just more salt from WvW players.

    And when people here actually speak up about liking it, there's just a bunch of elitism gatekeeping with people trying to say that they don't reflect the "true" WvW community.

    Truth is, there doesn't seem to be much that the WvW community has in common outside of what they don't like.

    That's not quite true better balance in classes/skills and servers is a consensus in WvW, to name 2 related ones.
    Gliding as per my closest wvw guildmates should have only been a desert bl as for mounts...anyways.

    Everyone wants "better balance". No one agrees on how to accomplish that. That also has nothing to do with an added mount since it's handled by a completely separate team.

  • sarkysek.1085sarkysek.1085 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dahkeus.8243 said:

    @Colly.4073 said:
    Nobody cares, at least nobody that cares about WvW.

    The WvW community is almost as bad as the sPvP community. It's nothing but salt about things people hate and don't want with no consensus on what people actually do want. So when ANet takes a stab at doing something interesting and new, it's just more salt from WvW players.

    And when people here actually speak up about liking it, there's just a bunch of elitism gatekeeping with people trying to say that they don't reflect the "true" WvW community.

    Truth is, there doesn't seem to be much that the WvW community has in common outside of what they don't like.

    I consider myself to be a part of the WvW community (I'm a WvW main - it's the gamemode that gives me the most joy of playing it - I play it 3-5 hours every day except one day a week where I take a break) yet I do like change and I do appreciate ArenaNet adding or trying out new things.

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2019

    @funassistant.6589 said:

    @Blocki.4931 said:

    @Colly.4073 said:

    @sarkysek.1085 said:

    @Colly.4073 said:
    Nobody cares, at least nobody that cares about WvW.

    I do care! :) And I don't feel like nobody, sorry :p

    Good for you :)

    You can enjoy the vast expanse of space to run with your mount because what measly pickings of players there are still left in WvW i feel is going to get even thinner.

    aura of cynicism

    your signature is literally "Logging out forever."
    pls dont be hypocritical, we have to work together

    And it's been that way for half a year now. It's not related to GW2 at all, it's my signature, it's for myself and I know exactly what I reference with that.

    Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

  • StrawHat.2639StrawHat.2639 Member ✭✭✭

    @sarkysek.1085 said:

    @Dahkeus.8243 said:

    @Colly.4073 said:
    Nobody cares, at least nobody that cares about WvW.

    The WvW community is almost as bad as the sPvP community. It's nothing but salt about things people hate and don't want with no consensus on what people actually do want. So when ANet takes a stab at doing something interesting and new, it's just more salt from WvW players.

    And when people here actually speak up about liking it, there's just a bunch of elitism gatekeeping with people trying to say that they don't reflect the "true" WvW community.

    Truth is, there doesn't seem to be much that the WvW community has in common outside of what they don't like.

    I consider myself to be a part of the WvW community (I'm a WvW main - it's the gamemode that gives me the most joy of playing it - I play it 3-5 hours every day except one day a week where I take a break) yet I do like change and I do appreciate ArenaNet adding or trying out new things.

    I've been in WvW since first year never left and the only place I'd agree on both gliding and mounts is desertbl...cheers.

    Sanji
    Lost last glimmer of enthusiasm for WvW

    Anet dragon has finally defeated the
    **WvW WarBorn **
    He's over 7000!
    Havok lover with a sprinkle of Zerging

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You could also use fireworks runes if you need the added mobility. Plus it would kinda suit the DH better than traveler runes

  • sarkysek.1085sarkysek.1085 Member ✭✭✭

    @Voltekka.2375 said:
    You could also use fireworks runes if you need the added mobility. Plus it would kinda suit the DH better than traveler runes

    I tried using those for a few days. When I first saw them, you can't imagine how excited I was as a DH main! :D But I eventually swapped back to Traveler runes. The visual and sound effects of those fireworks popping up every few seconds becomes rather annoying after few hours. Also, it would mean I lose quite a bit of HP and crit chance (with full marauder gear and traveler's runes I still only have cca 18.5k HP and 63 or 64% crit chance without fury and food). And since DH doesn't really need that extra 130ish power, I don't feel like the trade-off is worth it for me :)

  • sarkysek.1085sarkysek.1085 Member ✭✭✭

    @StrawHat.2639 said:

    @sarkysek.1085 said:

    @Dahkeus.8243 said:

    @Colly.4073 said:
    Nobody cares, at least nobody that cares about WvW.

    The WvW community is almost as bad as the sPvP community. It's nothing but salt about things people hate and don't want with no consensus on what people actually do want. So when ANet takes a stab at doing something interesting and new, it's just more salt from WvW players.

    And when people here actually speak up about liking it, there's just a bunch of elitism gatekeeping with people trying to say that they don't reflect the "true" WvW community.

    Truth is, there doesn't seem to be much that the WvW community has in common outside of what they don't like.

    I consider myself to be a part of the WvW community (I'm a WvW main - it's the gamemode that gives me the most joy of playing it - I play it 3-5 hours every day except one day a week where I take a break) yet I do like change and I do appreciate ArenaNet adding or trying out new things.

    I've been in WvW since first year never left and the only place I'd agree on both gliding and mounts is desertbl...cheers.

    I love Desert Borderlands but unfortunately (unless they are our HBL for the week) I'm most of the time bound to scout, roam and defend our HBL, so I don't really get to play there :(

  • StrawHat.2639StrawHat.2639 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2019

    @sarkysek.1085 said:

    @StrawHat.2639 said:

    @sarkysek.1085 said:

    @Dahkeus.8243 said:

    @Colly.4073 said:
    Nobody cares, at least nobody that cares about WvW.

    The WvW community is almost as bad as the sPvP community. It's nothing but salt about things people hate and don't want with no consensus on what people actually do want. So when ANet takes a stab at doing something interesting and new, it's just more salt from WvW players.

    And when people here actually speak up about liking it, there's just a bunch of elitism gatekeeping with people trying to say that they don't reflect the "true" WvW community.

    Truth is, there doesn't seem to be much that the WvW community has in common outside of what they don't like.

    I consider myself to be a part of the WvW community (I'm a WvW main - it's the gamemode that gives me the most joy of playing it - I play it 3-5 hours every day except one day a week where I take a break) yet I do like change and I do appreciate ArenaNet adding or trying out new things.

    I've been in WvW since first year never left and the only place I'd agree on both gliding and mounts is desertbl...cheers.

    I love Desert Borderlands but unfortunately (unless they are our HBL for the week) I'm most of the time bound to scout, roam and defend our HBL, so I don't really get to play there :(

    I like it for roaming, my guildies don't in general get lost too big for roaming in general so they don't want to go there often but that's the only viable map that I agree on gliding and mounts plus it would help does ppt wvw guilds that always go there to ktrain ;) sorry am mean!

    Sanji
    Lost last glimmer of enthusiasm for WvW

    Anet dragon has finally defeated the
    **WvW WarBorn **
    He's over 7000!
    Havok lover with a sprinkle of Zerging

  • I've been getting into wvw recently and enjoying it. I'm pretty excited to try out the Warclaw! :)

  • StrawHat.2639StrawHat.2639 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lynnanine.1652 said:
    I've been getting into wvw recently and enjoying it. I'm pretty excited to try out the Warclaw! :)

    Ah the new generation vs the old so different views ;)

    Sanji
    Lost last glimmer of enthusiasm for WvW

    Anet dragon has finally defeated the
    **WvW WarBorn **
    He's over 7000!
    Havok lover with a sprinkle of Zerging

  • Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭

    I wish the Warclaw's mask was nicer looking or more cutesy

    The one they have now is awful

    please make a Taimi voice mail pack
    my QoL wishes

  • Skotlex.7580Skotlex.7580 Member ✭✭✭

    The future is bleak.... or exciting, dedepending on who you ask.

    If only this mount allowed two zergs to clash and enable people to wreck havoc at close range before being deleted by long range aoe spam, I would consider it a win already.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.