Mounts mean the death of roaming

witcher.3197

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the mount's speed has anything higher than base swiftness, roaming is dead.

If the mount's engage skill does damage or CC to a player, roaming is dead.

Imagine running away from the 10 zerglings who were called to defend north camp, as fast as your little feet can take you, and you can't mount up because you're in combat. Sometimes, you could get away because of crafty teleports or terrain advantage to ultimately get out of combat and WP. But now you can't. Because there are 5 more people who spawned out of combat. And now they're chasing you with a mount.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:My hope is that it would take ~20 supply to deploy, ample time to set up, and have the engage ability make you lose your mount when using it, wasting all supply. This whole thing worries me a lot.

I’m also sure there will be traps to dismount people much like siege.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@"Sniper.5961" said:It really depends how they implement it. if its a siege weapon that requires like 200 supply or it is a tactic like the duneroller i dont really mind

It says they are doing weeklong wxp to help you "saddle up" which sounds like it is tied to rank/mastery.

yes well thats bad could still be a mastery like for every other siege weapon but i doubt it

Mounts mean the death of roamingYou might want to wait to see what the mounts can actually do. What if they do incredible damage vs siege and nothing to players? What if they are speedy near a commander tag and slower than molasses roaming? What if it makes roaming easier by speeding up camp clearance?

I'm sure the Warclaw is going to disrupt the status quo, which is what it's meant to do. I think it's premature to speculate about what the long term impact is going to be.

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:If the mount's speed has anything higher than base swiftness, roaming is dead.

Imagine running away from the 10 zerglings who were called to defend north camp, as fast as your little feet can take you, and you can't mount up because you're in combat. Sometimes, you could get away because of crafty teleports or terrain advantage to ultimately get out of combat and WP. But now you can't. Because there are 5 more people who spawned out of combat. And now they're chasing you with a mount.

I occasionally go back to WvW from sPvP for a bit of nostalgia and a chance to play with old WvW friends. I totally agree with you Meri, any class that can't reliably stealth for long periods to disengage is essentially deterred from solo or small group roaming. Say bye bye to all your somewhat weak, fun, off-meta builds as well. Like roaming with FA ele because it's fun? No stealth, only one teleport? Rip.

@IronmanBlogg.3458 said:

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:If the mount's speed has anything higher than base swiftness, roaming is dead.

I occasionally go back to WvW from sPvP for a bit of nostalgia and a chance to play with old WvW friends. I totally agree with you Meri, any class that can't reliably stealth for long periods to disengage is essentially deterred from solo or small group roaming. Say bye bye to all your somewhat weak, fun, off-meta builds as well. Like roaming with FA ele because it's fun? No stealth, only one teleport? Rip.

Lol. Try solo roaming with a necro. No teleport to speak of (wurm for the win...er...loss), no way to stealth (I mean, there is a Rune we can wear...but seriously). No speed boost that serves any real purpose.

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:Lets wait to see how the mount is implemented before stating that roaming is dead. It may very well be, but we don't know it yet. For all we know, it may improve roaming. None of us (other than alpha testers who can't say anything) know how its implemented.

Pretty much this. Deadeye, Soulbeast and Mirage killed roaming way more than the mount could ever do.

Last time I went roaming I spent 12 solid minutes just running around trying to find someone to fight.I lost the fight, wp'd then walked for another 15 minutes just to find no one, no one at all.

Roaming has been dead for a while now.I rather see Anet doing something and screwing up than doing nothing at all.

Geez, I wonder why WvW players have such a cry baby reputation?lol.

Anet servers can't even handle zergs with minis but ya lets go mounts.... you already get skill lag in zerg fights with super high internet speed on a top pc<--(its not YOUR PC its their servers)... sooooo disappointed! Thanks for not caring about the WvW player base Anet! You know they cancelled the announcement last week because of the mount backlash in forums, lied about snow affecting the announcement while playing the game, pretty pathetic! Only updates they do are geared towards making them money. Smh... go ahead erase the comment anet.

Archived