War claw? Really? I can't believe this.

ResilientCrab.5162

They had a chance to show us they do care about WvW, maybe help some of the lag issues, maybe introduce a new map! Maybe they could have refined the BL maps and brought back another tournament! I would have been pumped for anything I just mentioned but instead, they bring something into the game we have been so vocal about NOT wanting EVER! I'm not gonna like I am upset. Is anyone else thinking about quitting? This just kinda shows me they either don't care about WvW or are so out of touch they are going the way of blizzards team, not a good day for WvW, not a good day for GW2. I don't know how much more I can give to this game without getting something honest back, used to be so good.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus Christ, I've never seen such a display of madness its just a mount ffs! calm the F down good lord! did you read the announcement page....the mount is just a sneak peek of 1 thing they're announcing, tune into the live stream and find out the rest of what they have planned!, it was always heading here for mounts, same happened when gliding landed in WVW and i'm pretty sure you're still here -.-

@ResilientCrab.5162 said:They had a chance to show us they do care about WvW, maybe help some of the lag issues, maybe introduce a new map! Maybe they could have refined the BL maps and brought back another tournament! I would have been pumped for anything I just mentioned but instead, they bring something into the game we have been so vocal about NOT wanting EVER! I'm not gonna like I am upset. Is anyone else thinking about quitting? This just kinda shows me they either don't care about WvW or are so out of touch they are going the way of blizzards team, not a good day for WvW, not a good day for GW2. I don't know how much more I can give to this game without getting something honest back, used to be so good.

Yes you are very right. This is absolutely not a thing they were overthinking much. More like: This thought hasn't seen any synapse so far. I mean WvW was best in the beginning from what i have seen so far. It was about tactical and logical thinking not about using more and more help to get towers. It is something where you need a working brain. And Arenanet really wants to make us not use our brain in Wvw? I am very sorry, but this is nonsense.

Only compromise i could live with: A new map which is the only one where this mount can be used. I want my world versus world how it is.

@Luna Darkblade.3516 said:

@ResilientCrab.5162 said:They had a chance to show us they do care about WvW, maybe help some of the lag issues, maybe introduce a new map! Maybe they could have refined the BL maps and brought back another tournament! I would have been pumped for anything I just mentioned but instead, they bring something into the game we have been so vocal about NOT wanting EVER! I'm not gonna like I am upset. Is anyone else thinking about quitting? This just kinda shows me they either don't care about WvW or are so out of touch they are going the way of blizzards team, not a good day for WvW, not a good day for GW2. I don't know how much more I can give to this game without getting something honest back, used to be so good.

Yes you are very right. This is absolutely not a thing they were overthinking much. More like: This thought hasn't seen any synapse so far. I mean WvW was best in the beginning from what i have seen so far. It was about tactical and logical thinking not about using more and more help to get towers. It is something where you need a working brain. And Arenanet really wants to make us not use our brain in Wvw? I am very sorry, but this is nonsense.

Only compromise i could live with: A new map which is the only one where this mount can be used. I want my world versus world how it is.

Thank you! You are a god and actually, know what you're talking about. Kudos to you.

@Gambino.2109 said:Man.. all this talk about lag.. Yeah I remember that well when I use to play on a potato..Makes me wonder what specs people are running on their comp and what internet services they have.. cauuuuse I'm pretty sure anet can't fix all your lag problems

It actually is server lag, i run a 1070 ti and an i7 7700k with 16gb of ram. The lag is more like me and my entire guild glitch out and rubber band for 30 seconds.

@ResilientCrab.5162 said:

@Gambino.2109 said:Man.. all this talk about lag.. Yeah I remember that well when I use to play on a potato..Makes me wonder what specs people are running on their comp and what internet services they have.. cauuuuse I'm pretty sure anet can't fix all your lag problems

It actually is server lag, i run a 1070 ti and an i7 7700k with 16gb of ram. The lag is more like me and my entire guild glitch out and rubber band for 30 seconds.

Wow, I usually get the occasional bad ping, but a rubber band is probably the worst kind to deal with.. I mean there's also the frozen in place for a moment and dead the next but that was with the super old computer.

But yeah, six years of this lag? Yikes

I fail to understand how this is supposed to benefit us.

We do not need a mount. We wish for new maps because we've been playing the same ones for 6 years!We would like to see bug fixes, QoL improvements and most of all, we need balancing!

@Gaile Gray.6029 why are we so badly ignored? Why is it, that the (competitive) game mode that can make this game truly shine and draw attention of the media (yes, it's not PvE content the masses are crazy for, it's competitions for prizes!) is utterly neglected?

I would like to understand the company's logic on how this is an improvement, or what is this even. A feature no one wants or needs?

@Inoki.6048 said:I fail to understand how this is supposed to benefit us.

We do not need a mount. We wish for new maps because we've been playing the same ones for 6 years!We would like to see bug fixes, QoL improvements and most of all, we need balancing!

@Gaile Gray.6029 why are we so badly ignored? Why is it, that the (competitive) game mode that can make this game truly shine and draw attention of the media (yes, it's not PvE content the masses are crazy for, it's competitions for prizes!) is utterly neglected?

I would like to understand the company's logic on how this is an improvement, or what is this even. A feature no one wants or needs?

Money!You know... Mount skins and so on

@"Gaile Gray.6029" why are we so badly ignored? Why is it, that the (competitive) game mode that can make this game truly shine and draw attention of the media (yes, it's not PvE content the masses are crazy for, it's competitions for prizes!) is utterly neglected?

You really ask why they mostly ignore us?Just check this forum for a day, especially today. There are maybe 1-3 useful constructive posts, the rest is "the game is dead" "this change kills the game", "sky is falling, because ".There are five (or more) threads about the mount topic and NOT a single one is the slightest bit constructive but opinions and conclusions based on a 20s video. I really hope they don't read or listen to that kind of "feedback".

Need more info regarding that mount before crying wolf.

Does everyone, without exception, and regardless of expansion packs get access to it ? (If no, then rage on.)

Is it available to the richest most outstanding players in WvW only ? (If yes, then rage on.)

Is it able to halve the health of any class with it's dismount skill ? (If yes, then rage on.)

Is it available outside of WvW ? (If no, then rage on... ?)

I'm not against the implementation of a mount for Added mobility, provided correct limitations and balance. Mobility in WvW maps can be quite a pain, and you can be instantly eliminated from a big party by getting ganked, with no possible way of rejoining the fray, instead pointlessly slogging your way there and watching as the action is all gone when you're not even halfway close to where you were.

What we Dont need is : More immediate damage, WvW is unforgiving enough damage wise. Privilege to the elite, it'll only discourage Any potential new player from engaging in the mode, if the moment they explore the map they get ganked by 5 players on their mount and insta-killed. Any sort of exclusivity : Seriously, this mode needs all the help it can get to get people more interested in it's unique features, making it Path of Fire exclusive is going to Seriously ruffle some Feather in the worst way possible.

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" why are we so badly ignored? Why is it, that the (competitive) game mode that can make this game truly shine and draw attention of the media (yes, it's not PvE content the masses are crazy for, it's competitions for prizes!) is utterly neglected?

You really ask why they mostly ignore us?Just check this forum for a day, especially today. There are maybe 1-3 useful constructive posts, the rest is "the game is dead" "this change kills the game", "sky is falling, because ".There are five (or more) threads about the mount topic and NOT a single one is the slightest bit constructive but opinions and conclusions based on a 20s video. I really hope they don't read or listen to that kind of "feedback".

You want a constructive feedback.There you get it.First; Mounts won´t improve WvW because the game mode is about competition - means for PPK; even for PPT the mount won´t be that usefull. Yes you can use it as a ram - Wow - you don´t have to build Rams anymore.. what a improvement. (I don´t apology for sarcasm.)Second; Most of the WvW players don´t want it, they were begging not to implement such a feature.Third; It won´t change the WvW in a way the players wanted... We are waiting for balance-patches, maybe a new map, a kind of tournament or a gvg mode (yes I know ANet made Arena in the EoTM - thanks for that), or that there are special rewards for the servers or guilds which do hold a keep for an amount of time or so on

All in all, I will take a look into the mount but I don´t think that Arenanet doesn´t know what that means to us who play WvW every single day.Most of us think it´s something that you put into the toilet.Sry mate, but I can´t see anything good.

P.S. I want to ask how many additional skins are planned for the new mount, 10-12? Well thats about 250 - 300 Euros. I believe that´s quite a good income for ANet to get the development costs back.

1) It is? You mean "winning" means something in WvW? What does winning mean over being 2nd or 3rd? Your PPK mean as much as PPT - nothing. Where is the competition?2) MOST don't want it? How do you know? Based on repeating shit posts on this forums? How many WvW players read the forums?3) Again you try to tell "what players want". You don't talk for the majority

I really see a lot of opinions, but not a single fact you base that opinion on. Opinions not based on solid facts are based on feelings and therefore not reasonable.

@"gebrechen.5643" said:1) It is? You mean "winning" means something in WvW? What does winning mean over being 2nd or 3rd? Your PPK mean as much as PPT - nothing. Where is the competition?2) MOST don't want it? How do you know? Based on repeating kitten posts on this forums? How many WvW players read the forums?3) Again you try to tell "what players want". You don't talk for the majority

I really see a lot of opinions, but not a single fact you base that opinion on. Opinions not based on solid facts are based on feelings and therefore not reasonable.

I see that you have absolutely no plan of WvW.If you play WvW since release then you will know that the skilltree change was awful but we adapted.I wrote that winning needs a sense - you can read it between the lines --> a special reward track for example. (It is in my comment above)

And I haven´t repeated anything - I discuss this with my guild and the server _ this is my reference. So I think I speak for a majority or a greater part of the majority

These are my opinions and I can underpin it!I also wrote that I will look into it but very critically. We will raid, we will fight and we will have fun till the releasing. After that we will see.

@"gebrechen.5643" said:You really ask why they mostly ignore us?Just check this forum for a day, especially today. There are maybe 1-3 useful constructive posts, the rest is "the game is dead" "this change kills the game", "sky is falling, because ".There are five (or more) threads about the mount topic and NOT a single one is the slightest bit constructive but opinions and conclusions based on a 20s video. I really hope they don't read or listen to that kind of "feedback".

After 6 years of minimal interaction with this forum, having most of the important problems not be a priority, do you really expect there to be more constructive posts?

And stuff like this is exactly why Anet doesn't do more for WvW. Anything that even smells like a fun change is jumped on and attacked before we even know anything substantial about it. We do not know how the mounts will behave or where/how precisely they can be used.

And to the OPs idea of a new map - I for one would love that, but I don't expect it to happen after the wave of negativity that came the last time they did exactly that.

I know people love wvw, but if you are closed off to them trying anything new, then nothing will ever change and the game mode will stagnate.

And to Anet - don't knee jerk react to the initial wave of negativity from the same people like you did with the desert borderlands. Give it time - and by all means continue to try new things in the game mode.

Archived