Warclaw: For Catmanders only

misterman.1530

@misterman.1530 said:Seriously...no one noticed this?Given how many threads on the topic of the mount, I would imagine that people aren't able to respond to them all.

Am I wrong to worry?Well, I think it's a waste of your energy to worry about it. We'll find out in a week if it's true or not and we can be outraged (or not) then. Limiting it to commanders only (or Catmanders even) has some interesting implications, some good for balance, some bad for individual fun.

I hope this mount is gated behind plat+ realm rank level. Or make it for people with UD.

Else PvE players will play WvW for a few hours until they get a mount and never show up again and (we) are the ones who will have to deal with the more than likely stupid mechanics it will bring to WvW.

@Towelie.9504 said:I hope this mount is gated behind plat+ realm rank level. Or make it for people with UD.

Else PvE players will play WvW for a few hours until they get a mount and never show up again and (we) are the ones who will have to deal with the more than likely stupid mechanics it will bring to WvW.

Unless the mount can only be used in WvW then there would be no reason for a pve player to attempt to get it.

@"Towelie.9504" said:I hope this mount is gated behind plat+ realm rank level. Or make it for people with UD.

They do this then it's going to be even worse. It's overall being seen as a waste of time and resources given what the community actually wanted for wvw updates. Gating it so that an even smaller relative niche o players actually get it/use it would make me question Anet's priorities even more - that was if I hadn't been doing this for years. Not that it matters.

Failure to make good on HoT legendaries(or the promised legendary stories associated with them), a desert borderland nobody wanted, lack of balancing followed by further power creep professions with the latest expansion, dumping dungeons, slow release of raid wings.

Anet has this pattern of pillow talking the community to get them hot and bothered and reinvested in the game only to not deliver. Then they turn around and say, "Oh no, we didn't promise you anything." Before ignoring us for another year or more before rolling in even more awesome changes nobody asked for. And when called on their lies they issue community letters urging disaffected players to look to the future instead of living in the past. Which is utter rubbish.

That said, those of us still here do this every time and end up right back here crying about it because as customers we must be needy, stupid, and on some level we probably deserve it. If we weren't and we didn't we'd have probably walked a long time ago.

@Iozeph.5617 said:

@"Towelie.9504" said:I hope this mount is gated behind plat+ realm rank level. Or make it for people with UD.

They do this then it's going to be even worse. It's overall being seen as a waste of time and resources given what the community actually wanted for wvw updates. Gating it so that an even smaller relative niche o players actually get it/use it would make me question Anet's priorities even more - that was if I hadn't been doing this for years. Not that it matters.

Failure to make good on HoT legendaries(or the promised legendary stories associated with them), a desert borderland nobody wanted, lack of balancing followed by further power creep professions with the latest expansion, dumping dungeons, slow release of raid wings.

Anet has this pattern of pillow talking the community to get them hot and bothered and reinvested in the game only to not deliver. Then they turn around and say, "Oh no, we didn't promise you anything." Before ignoring us for another year or more before rolling in even more awesome changes nobody asked for. And when called on their lies they issue community letters urging disaffected players to look to the future instead of living in the past. Which is utter rubbish.

That said, those of us still here do this every time and end up right back here crying about it because as customers we must be needy, stupid, and on some level we probably deserve it. If we weren't and we didn't we'd have probably walked a long time ago.

If they make getting a mount too easy, most PvE players will get it and leave. I am expecting hordes of PvE players going around ppting gates to try to grind it out rather than actually play the game mode, which is what they do for every single "WvW exclusive" thing that Anet adds to the game

If it's not seriously OP, I see no reason why not having it gated behind something even though a minority of players can only access it today. Why do they need to add something that instantly every single player can access immediately? You may as well just give it to every player in the game for free and call it quits. It makes no sense to add incentives to a game mode yet have the incentive easily and immediately attainable by everyone.

Unless you add some reason for open world PvE robots to actually try WvW they will just grind it out if its too easy and leave and go back to farming Istan and Silverwaste 20 hours a day.

@ShiningSquirrel.3751 said:

Unless the mount can only be used in WvW then there would be no reason for a pve player to attempt to get it.

It will be usable in pve as well.https://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/guild-wars-2-wvw-mount-warclaw-announced/

@XenesisII.1540 said:I mentioned it in another thread, remains to be seen if they attach catmander tag as a requirement. They required tags for the legendary back piece so wouldn't be surprised if the mount did.

hope they make requirement u actually need to be tagged so every1 can commander focus the fagg0t on the mount :D while rest of his blob cant mount cus only 1 commander each squad.then i approve this shit.

@"Towelie.9504" said:If they make getting a mount too easy, most PvE players will get it and leave. I am expecting hordes of PvE players going around ppting gates to try to grind it out rather than actually play the game mode, which is what they do for every single "WvW exclusive" thing that Anet adds to the game

If it's not seriously OP, I see no reason why not having it gated behind something even though a minority of players can only access it today. Why do they need to add something that instantly every single player can access immediately? You may as well just give it to every player in the game for free and call it quits. It makes no sense to add incentives to a game mode yet have the incentive easily and immediately attainable by everyone.

Unless you add some reason for open world PvE robots to actually try WvW they will just grind it out if its too easy and leave and go back to farming Istan and Silverwaste 20 hours a day.

I'm guessing a lot of that is going to be dependent on where, as in what host/guest server, they attempt to do this.

As far as who's able to access it - that someone who's platinum ranked in wvw should have it first(something that takes years to do depending on where you are). How is that supposed to revitalise the game mode again?

And as to criticisms of PVE - What differentiates someone setting on their bum for twenty four hours a day, mindlessly following a commander on a stacked server to bludgeon less organised PUGS when they aren't K-training that losing server's objectives to get them to come out from behind their walls and lose some more to someone who mindlessly follows a raid leader in pursuit of PVE goals when not farming fractals or overworld nodes round the clock on the other side of things? In either case both sets of players are following path of least resistence - otherwise the criticisms of server stacking, band wagoning, tanking to drop tier and then and kerb-stomping inferour server matchings wouldn't be a thing, would it?

I mean making that sort of argument is the equivalent of one side of the geek table telling the school bullies to go after the other end of the table because their side is "less cool" in order to avoid the beating they know is coming for that day.

But back to accessibility- So what? We have no problem if they release Warclaws and it essentially becomes another niche item which is what- no better than the other carnival shill, big teddy bears where you see someone walking around with it and know you're never going to have a chance at it? This is what they're wasting MORE money on? In the end you still end up with the PVErs giving in, leaving the mode post haste, and we're left with a high ticket shill item and none of the lasting, worthwhile improvements to the mode that have been asked for over and over. But the Warclaw's has been delivered, all's right with the game mode, their work is done, and nothing will be done for another few years-assuming the game isn't done by then? Yay?

So the sky might not have fallen completely yet but given the track record the sky isn't exactly the high bar it used to be. Guess it's just one of those mileage-personal-metric-glass-half-something sorts of things we're expected to ignore? Easy enough I guess.

I mean if you were losing before and being blobbed every time you left a border keep by an overstacked server camping you nothing will have changed except you'll be being camped, blobbed, and sent back to your waypoint by an overstacked server riding warclaws. Gee...I guess it's not so bad after all!

@Iozeph.5617 said:

@"Towelie.9504" said:If they make getting a mount too easy, most PvE players will get it and leave. I am expecting hordes of PvE players going around ppting gates to try to grind it out rather than actually play the game mode, which is what they do for every single "WvW exclusive" thing that Anet adds to the game

If it's not seriously OP, I see no reason why not having it gated behind something even though a minority of players can only access it
today
. Why do they need to add something that instantly every single player can access immediately? You may as well just give it to every player in the game for free and call it quits. It makes no sense to add incentives to a game mode yet have the incentive easily and immediately attainable by everyone.

I'm guessing a lot of that is going to be dependent on where, as in what host/guest server, they attempt to do this.

As far as who's able to access it - that someone who's platinum ranked in wvw should have it first(something that takes years to do depending on where you are). How is that supposed to revitalise the game mode again?

And as to criticisms of PVE - What differentiates someone setting on their bum for twenty four hours a day, mindlessly following a commander on a stacked server to bludgeon less organised PUGS when they aren't K-training that losing server's objectives to get them to come out from behind their walls and lose some more to someone who mindlessly follows a raid leader in pursuit of PVE goals when not farming fractals or overworld nodes round the clock on the other side of things? In either case both sets of players are following path of least resistence - otherwise the criticisms of server stacking, band wagoning, tanking to drop tier and then and kerb-stomping inferour server matchings wouldn't be a thing, would it?

I mean making that sort of argument is the equivalent of one side of the geek table telling the school bullies to go after the other end of the table because their side is "less cool" in order to avoid the beating they know is coming for that day.

But back to accessibility- So what? We have no problem if they release Warclaws and it essentially becomes another niche item which is what- no better than the other carnival shill, big teddy bears where you see someone walking around with it and know you're never going to have a chance at it? This is what they're wasting MORE money on? In the end you still end up with the PVErs giving in, leaving the mode post haste, and we're left with a high ticket shill item and none of the lasting, worthwhile improvements to the mode that have been asked for over and over. But the Warclaw's has been delivered, all's right with the game mode, their work is done, and nothing will be done for another few years-assuming the game isn't done by then? Yay?

So the sky might not have fallen completely yet but given the track record the sky isn't exactly the high bar it used to be. Guess it's just one of those mileage-personal-metric-glass-half-something sorts of things we're expected to ignore? Easy enough I guess.

I mean if you were losing before and being blobbed every time you left a border keep by an overstacked server camping you nothing will have changed except you'll be being camped, blobbed, and sent back to your waypoint by an overstacked server riding warclaws. Gee...I guess it's not so bad after all!

The whole thing about being blobed down is only true on some servers, and normally only on EBG. Most pugs will ignore the boarderlands completely, despite them being way easier PPT and more worthwhile to PPT from a points perspective. Relinking helps prevent this all the time these days, granted band wagoning happens but that's more of anet's fault for allowing it to happen rather than trusting guilds won't bandwagon.

So what? is what I am driving to. Why put something in a game mode to try to attract PvE players which is too easy to attain they require no effort to even get it in the first place. Maybe platinum is too high, but what about gold ranks? To me, if you add something to incentivize WvW it should take someone who barely or never played WvW a few months to get, not a few hours. This results in 1) they will more than likely stay and continue to show up to WvW and 2) they may actually end up enjoying WvW because they are "forced" to play it for something. If they just say "ugh" and not even bother and stay back in Istan forever farming the same mobs continuously then that's a whatever. WvW needs to increase its population as much as possible so even if the retention rate is like say (and I am making it up) 5% that's still a win. As it stands right now, every day fewer people are logging in to WvW and tiers are becoming more and more dead.

As it is right now, WvW provides no materialistic rewards pretty much of any kind. Our legendary armor is ugly, the legendary backpack is ugly, there's no real titles or anything like sPvP, the gold/hour rate is almost negative etc.. Outside of those of us who just enjoy the game mode, it isn't attractive to anyone else to enter it to even figure out if they may like it or not. The only way to do that should be to dangle something infront of someone (i.e. an exclusive mount, an exclusive non-ugly skin, and exclusive title etc.) and make it hard enough to attain that people should be forced to make some sort of commitment to actually playing the game mode rather than go into a map, doing a jumping puzzle and then exiting it without ever returning.

The people who log into WvW every day aren't the issues (other than this mount could really mess up game mode mechanics, but that's a separate discussion entirely), it's the people who log in and don't ever WvW that should be the issue to solve. I can guarantee you most people who are WvW primary players huffing about this and threatening to quit won't be quitting. If there's anything that I've learned from WvW players over the last 7 years, since I don't PvE literally at all, is that there is a tremendous amount of drama queens in WvW who say anything to get attention but yet have no follow up on it at all.

@Towelie.9504 said:The people who log into WvW every day aren't the issues (other than this mount could really mess up game mode mechanics, but that's a separate discussion entirely), it's the people who log in and don't ever WvW that should be the issue to solve. I can guarantee you most people who are WvW primary players huffing about this and threatening to quit won't be quitting. If there's anything that I've learned from WvW players over the last 7 years, since I don't PvE literally at all, is that there is a tremendous amount of drama queens in WvW who say anything to get attention but yet have no follow up on it at all.

Not too sure about that. I haven't played GW2 much over the past 4-5 months. In fact, I logged in occasionally to get my daily login rewards, then stopped even doing that. Logged in after the new LS dropped - went meh, and only logged in today to try to give it another shot. Still meh. Certainly haven't logged into WvW in, well, 4-5 months. So...maybe I'm the exception? Not sure. I can't stand how Necros are only good in zergs - that it has no other function other than a scourge. I can't stand the constant nerfs. Can't stand the imbalance in WvW, can't stand the current system. A Mount isn't going to help much, if at all.

I did notice this and yes I am worried about it. I take a perverse pride in never buying a tag and it's what kept me from getting the wvw back item, which I would have wanted otherwise. It would probably be enough to keep me from getting the mount too, but idk, maybe. I'd be happy either way tbh, since ultimately it would be my choice to get it or not . . .

As long as they don't lock it behind an item that's only available on the tp, I'm pretty easy :)

Archived