Anet Pls Read this post prior to new relinks this Friday PLS! PLS! for map queues!

StrawHat.2639

If the pve community goes wild for this then the queues will be massive for everyone...can you please please consider for Friday that no full to very high server get a link and all medium and high server get only 1 link that will probably create a T5 matchup but more people of all areas of the game will be able to access WvW and not just spend all weekend in the Eotm map (waiting room).

When pips came out, we had massive queues in all matchups, wasn't fun until it died down some.

Sincerely SanjiP.S.: Sorry guy of the other forum post on this but wanted Anets attention since I see this as a big issue incoming.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Mounts will kill WvW, panic!!!

Mounts will also make so much queues because everyone want to play, panic!!!

Wait wat.

Not to play. But everyone want the mounts. Because you can obtain it in WvW only and you can use them in PVE too.But this is a great opportunity for ANet to say that in the first week after the mounts the WvW population increased ten times. Of course, they will not say a word about the situation 5 weeks later.

I whole heartedly agree. I think the mounts will bring in such a massive influx of new players and life into WvW that the current 4 tier system will not be enough to sustain it. I predict we will need go to back to the old 8 tier system and let each server be its own world to support this new player base that we will be getting starting next week.

@Edward H Angle.1407 said:I whole heartedly agree. I think the mounts will bring in such a massive influx of new players and life into WvW that the current 4 tier system will not be enough to sustain it. I predict we will need go to back to the old 8 tier system and let each server be its own world to support this new player base that we will be getting starting next week.

Humm 8 tiers again might be a little too much tho bro...my server only has a handful of people that can reliably run a tag for WvW.Tho if that was the case, I wouldn't be worried about queues at all for my server if alone lol still be dead half the time.

But hummmm I wouldn't mind that scenario for the next 2 months, could farm new players some nights and teach new players other nights...nice variety.

@StrawHat.2639 said:

@Edward H Angle.1407 said:I whole heartedly agree. I think the mounts will bring in such a massive influx of new players and life into WvW that the current 4 tier system will not be enough to sustain it. I predict we will need go to back to the old 8 tier system and let each server be its own world to support this new player base that we will be getting starting next week.

Humm 8 tiers again might be a little too much tho bro...my server only has a handful of people that can reliably run a tag for WvW.Tho if that was the case, I wouldn't be worried about queues at all for my server if alone lol still be dead half the time.

But hummmm I wouldn't mind that scenario for the next 2 months, could farm new players some nights and teach new players other nights...nice variety.

I understand some servers, like yours, may be quite inactive right now but I think we all will underestimate the sheer brilliance ANet bringing mounts in WvW. I believe the number of new PvE players it will bring should include some that are also used to commanding in open world PvE. So I do expect a proportional increase in both new players and new tags as well.

There is a difference between the pips and this one tho: It's mastery, so it can be obtained on EotM without having to deal with actual WvWSure, we'll still see a influx of people just wanting to tag along for the wxp, but if I were those people that just want the mount, I would simply go to EotM where there will be no oposition other than people who are there for the same reason.

@Jeknar.6184 said:There is a difference between the pips and this one tho: It's mastery, so it can be obtained on EotM without having to deal with actual WvWSure, we'll still see a influx of people just wanting to tag along for the wxp, but if I were those people that just want the mount, I would simply go to EotM where there will be no oposition other than people who are there for the same reason.

I don't want to derail this discussion Jek so I won't be re-answering on this but we don't know yet tomorrow if it really can just be obtained in Eotm...if its a WvW mount then some stuff can be obtained in Eotm but not all, example stonemist castle cap achievement...anyways I know the influx of players will be like pips gone after 1 month if too hard to get but if we have less queues and I can get the core WvW vets in guild to help shield the new players, they will surely have a better time of it, tho if theres 100 man queues on each map, like first weeks of pips, pretty much impossible to do nothing.

@StrawHat.2639 said:

@"Jeknar.6184" said:There is a difference between the pips and this one tho: It's mastery, so it can be obtained on EotM without having to deal with actual WvWSure, we'll still see a influx of people just wanting to tag along for the wxp, but if I were those people that just want the mount, I would simply go to EotM where there will be no oposition other than people who are there for the same reason.

I don't want to derail this discussion Jek so I won't be re-answering on this but we don't know yet tomorrow if it really can just be obtained in Eotm...if its a WvW mount then some stuff can be obtained in Eotm but not all, example stonemist castle cap achievement...anyways I know the influx of players will be like pips gone after 1 month if too hard to get but if we have less queues and I can get the core WvW vets in guild to help shield the new players, they will surely have a better time of it, tho if theres 100 man queues on each map, like first weeks of pips, pretty much impossible to do nothing.

I mean, I'm assuming it will just be a mastery since they are making a Double Wxp event to "help you saddle up quicker"... Also, gliding was just a mastery too. There was nothing that was added on WvW so far that required you to do specific tasks. I don't think they are going to do something that requires a collection of achievements.

@"Ben K.6238" said:You do realise that using an "ANET LOOK AT ME" title in a forum post, instead of describing the topic properly, actually makes it less likely the relevant devs will pay attention, I hope?

The topic is there relinks-Friday-queues bro.

I don't believe theyd read it if I just put the problem in title if not a lot of things would have gone differently over the yrs.Plus theres only Ray and Ben and Gaile maybe that look in this forum.....

I don't want another 50-200 man queues on every map because they keep only 4 tiers with all the influx that will happen.

Whats the point on adding something that will give a big influx into wvw from other players of Gw2 and not open up queue space by increasing tiers.

Just go back to the pip introduction sigh....so yeah Anet look at this.

So anything from a T5 to a T8 needs to come back, all that potential influx with high queues you loose so much initial inertia that its like hitting a brick wall at the speed of light....

Besides 2 months with more tiers I feel will give people more chances to enjoy it without ev1 raging about queues and so forth and then on the next relink see what the new pop is to refine how many links and tiers afterwards.

Even tho my server has become so small in WvW...if no links are given...I have no problem running a tag during peek hours on weekends Saturday and Sunday from 6-7pm to 1-3am for a whole 2 months if need be if the new people listen and are flexible.Plus off hours week.

Anyways

Dunno what the queues will be, but they will be high. If they are too high you will see vets get frustrated, and you run a risk. Then you have to balance that risk versus the possibility of the new PvE players staying in WvW long term. As evidenced by past attempts to get PvE players into WvW as longterm contributors the risk vs reward is skewed heavily against keeping new players vs losing vets.

The requirements will be to high for a lot of "new" players, besides, this is a mount for WvW only, and if you don't like this part of the game, its really pointless. Some people will play EOTM just to rank up if other maps are full, but you will not earn pips as per current system, which will probably be needed. The hype will be real, and will be a flood of people, but it will die down very quickly once all the requirement's are seen. That's my opinion from what I have heard, and stand to be corrected, but like the legendary back piece, the requirement's were easily met by the regular WvW players

@"MarkBecks.6453" said:The requirements will be to high for a lot of "new" players, besides, this is a mount for WvW only, and if you don't like this part of the game, its really pointless. Some people will play EOTM just to rank up if other maps are full, but you will not earn pips as per current system, which will probably be needed. The hype will be real, and will be a flood of people, but it will die down very quickly once all the requirement's are seen. That's my opinion from what I have heard, and stand to be corrected, but like the legendary back piece, the requirement's were easily met by the regular WvW players

Am assuming the requirements won't be excessive to scare them away.

Archived