Balance Update Coming: 2/26/2019

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

• ArenaNet Staff

‘allo fellow Tyrians,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up that we’ve been preparing a set of balance changes that are slated to go live next Tuesday.

We look forward to playing with you and discussing the changes to skills and traits once they’re available next week!

Sincerely,GW2 Systems Team

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are like a month late..

If this was minuscule like the last 2, that will be very lame.

I also have a bad feeling that a “game wide” change is coming. These are always a disaster in the making. They always do much more harm the good. Cuz the offender is typically 1 or 2 builds, yet builds that are marginal always get hammered the hardest.

Anyone remember the condi increase duration change. It was supposed to hit mirage and scourge at the hieght of their over performance. Yet they remained out performing for months and every other condi build was banished from PvP, to this day.

I have a prediction it will be related to boon duration and stacking. It will probably address the issue for Soul beast, FB and holo. There will be no impact assessment of how it impacts everything else and all builds that need boons to function and cannot spam them, will be pushed out of the meta.

My only advice, is at a bare minimum have 1 dev try to assess such change for builds on meta battle. If you can not access how the change will impact various builds and classes (like last patch with the procs, that killed 2 builds for guardian in PvP without creating alternatives), DO NOT PUT LIVE.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:‘allo fellow Tyrians,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up that we’ve been preparing a set of balance changes that are slated to go live next Tuesday.

We look forward to playing with you and discussing the changes to skills and traits once they’re available next week!

Sincerely,GW2 Systems Team

Can we see the notes in advance? In respect of the community being pretty unsettled by this mount business, it would provide some peace of mind.

Please nerf condi mirage. It takes no skill to play while it does insane condi burst.

I have been zerging in wvw for awhile I can feel that Hammer skill on Revenant is doing to high dmg and it's spammable. That's why most of large scale fights are boring.People bring 10+ revenant backline and spam Hammer skill 2,3 on enemy. You repeat them until you will. It's not fun at all.

After Signet of Inspiration of Chronomancer got nerfed last patch, the class is still playable but not fun at all. It's been used as a Veil Bot so atleast you should try increase the stealth duration from Veil ?

A patch had been expected for 4 weeks. It's been 2 months without one and the balance, while not horrible, is monotonous and rewarding of playing less than skillful specs. I wish Anet would do more frequent tweaks to both PvP, WvW and PvE balance.

This is just disappointing to me that yet again Anet is delaying the patch.

Wouldn't it be better to tell us what is coming in the upcoming patch so we can provide feedback? And I don't mean specific skill/trait changes but the higher level stuff like what you write at the top of every profession's notes.Something like: "We think this profession is fine in A and B, but lacking in C, so we did some changes to address that" not necessary to go deeper like "duration of bleeding from skill A increased to 3 secs from 2 secs", just the high level things.

Archived