Balance Update Coming: 2/26/2019 - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Balance Update Coming: 2/26/2019

Comments

• @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

We look forward to playing with you and discussing the changes to skills and traits once they’re available next week!

I personally cant remember any discussion on ele changes except silently moving them all to the ele subforum.

There also werent any discussion in regards to these highly questionable changes:

• Daggerstorm
    • Rampage
    • Elixir U
    • Dolyak Stance

In fact, the only discussion i can remember was a timeline post regarding Sanctuary rune and a Scourge trait and a single post about counterplays with Warrior's Winds of Disenchantment with no follow up arguments to people who disagreed with the change and look at what we have now in wvw.

Let's hope it's different this time.

• Boy. Can't wait to see how badly Necros were nerfed again. Should be awesome.

• Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭

Please nerf gravity well

please make a Taimi voice mail pack
    my QoL wishes

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

@Aaralyna.3104 said:
    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 While you are at nerfing mesmer.... Can you please look into a particular mesmer skill for greatsword?

I play a mesmer myself, with greatsword as its the only weapon I like to play on it in pve (and pvp). Now the problem I find is with the skill "Spatial Surge" (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spatial_Surge).

This skill goes against all values of Gw2 being about playing together. It is the only skill (and its auto attack) on any profession that only does damage when you are far away from your target. So you get no boons ever, you get no heals ever, and everyone complains you aren't stacked (or simply not allowed to join).

So what I kinda like is to decrease its damage by lets say 30% (or whatever is needed % wise to balance) and remove the "you need to be on far distance to deal any damage thats on par with the average power dps". Why the damage reduction of the skill? Easy, we get boons from other players to keep up same damage as being max range, and when solo pve.... mobs always want to hug you so it will always be better dps than the closeby dps (worse than the long ranged but thats ok I guess). This may also make mesmer less strong in pvp (as close encounters are generally easier to fight than 1,200 range and the far range will have lower damage than staying close and work together with others on spot. And this change wouldn't make the greatsword mesmer a melee as the distance of attack could be, like rangers in example, the same as is but without the restriction that you always need to be far away to do any damage at all.

Ranger longbow has the same mechanic on its autoattack.

But I agree that the mechanic of requiring range for additional damage is one that just doesn't fit with the game too well. When they came out with Deadeye and put in the trait "Fire for Effect" that gives might at your target's location as well as your own location, it seemed like a shift to allow ranged players to still have the benefit of boons while not being stacked on melee, but there just isn't enough other similar traits/mechanics to support this. The range limit of boon sharing is really a handicap to group dynamics and until that's changed in some really meaningful way, anything that performs weaker in melee just won't fit into any sort of meta composition.

Then they should also adjust the ranger longbow auto attack skill in same way as I mentioned with mesmer greatsword auto attack. They can't give mesmer or ranger more boons for self on these weapons because ppl already complain they are too op. So they should just reduce % damage and delete the handicap of being super far away to do damage. So we can get the boons/heals from actually teamworking with others. I don't have to become meta (I already am if I go chrono jail which yuk), but at least I want to be able to cooperate with my team while still being a ranged and have that option (like all other ranged weapons without this silly restriction in play).

• @fewfield.7802 said:
    1. Please nerf condi mirage. It takes no skill to play while it does insane condi burst.
    2. I have been zerging in wvw for awhile I can feel that Hammer skill on Revenant is doing to high dmg and it's spammable. That's why most of large scale fights are boring.People bring 10+ revenant backline and spam Hammer skill 2,3 on enemy. You repeat them until you will. It's not fun at all.
    3. After Signet of Inspiration of Chronomancer got nerfed last patch, the class is still playable but not fun at all. It's been used as a Veil Bot so atleast you should try increase the stealth duration from Veil ?

I rarely see other Revenants when I am on mine. Much less a zerg of them

• @Baldrick.8967 said:
    Let's hope some real players actually tested them in solo as well as group situations...like on a public test server. Oh wait...

Right on. Get Joe in the mailroom and some of your friends who did not develop this game to be test subjects. Buy pizza and beer and sit them down in front of some computers and see how they do....for that matter this could be a great thing to do for the personal story...see how many of your test subjects can actually solo the story which is supposed to be soloable.

• The video speaks for itself. =)

Now we know :wink:

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

@Carlspackler.3471 said:

@fewfield.7802 said:
    1. Please nerf condi mirage. It takes no skill to play while it does insane condi burst.
    2. I have been zerging in wvw for awhile I can feel that Hammer skill on Revenant is doing to high dmg and it's spammable. That's why most of large scale fights are boring.People bring 10+ revenant backline and spam Hammer skill 2,3 on enemy. You repeat them until you will. It's not fun at all.
    3. After Signet of Inspiration of Chronomancer got nerfed last patch, the class is still playable but not fun at all. It's been used as a Veil Bot so atleast you should try increase the stealth duration from Veil ?

I rarely see other Revenants when I am on mine. Much less a zerg of them

The average player who just played necro where the traits played the game for them are just realizing rev's are dangerous if they can fight back.

• crazyhusky.2985crazyhusky.2985 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2019

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
    ‘allo fellow Tyrians,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up that we’ve been preparing a set of balance changes that are slated to go live next Tuesday.

We look forward to playing with you and discussing the changes to skills and traits once they’re available next week!

Sincerely,
    GW2 Systems Team

How about fixing and updating Dragonhunter.
    Can we please get longbow revamp or a fix for Dragonhunter, at least the longbow. With the release of Living Season 4 episode 5 you gave us the legendary longbow but you didn't give us a reason to use the longbow. Longbow on dragonhunter is still terrible.

Awhile back you said that you were doing through ALL of Guardian's weapons to fix and tweaking them, That SHOULD include the longbow, it's a weapon for guardian. You've gone back and tweaked and updated all the other guardian's weapons a part form the longbow it is still untouched, some of the weapon even got new skills on them.

The longbow is not good in any mode right now.

• It's not suitable Raids unlike most other weapons for elite specs
    • WvW/PVP wise it's out classed by the base weapons and doesn't have any use, foes can see a dragonhunter's attacks from a mile away.

The longbow is suppose to be a good but it doesn't offer anything and it's questionable in what you intend with it.
    (LB3) Deflecting shot NEEDING a trait to give it knockback... but Ranger's Longbow doesn't require a trait to knock back foes.
    The trait Heavy light we use for it gives stability...? WHAT! If you're knocking back a foe why do need Stability, you're already a distance from the foes that can CC you.
    and by the time the foe has got to you to the Stability has gone. Dragonhunter needs a way to gain Retaliation within the elite spec. heavy light should be giving Retaliation or fury not Stability.
    (LB4) Symbol of Energy it's slow and it gives vigor... I am sure there is a better boon you could give instead of vigor, it's kinda useless you can't even use it to support an ally, Fury or Regen would be better.
    (LB5) Hunter's Ward is again so slow and takes too long to do, most people dodge it before you can trap them, and when you do 9/10 in pvp/wvw people walk right out of it... despite it supposingly having a ward effect to prevent that. ontop of that it has a long 40-45 second cooldown.

Please just re-vamp and fix the longbow. it's not been updated in years.

Also on separte note about Dragonhunter traps, could make a new virtue (F4) for Dragonhunter only that detonates your traps and gives you a buff like barrier and retaliation or something like Stun a foe.

Because it's rather annoying that bosses who don't move don't trigger the traps even when you place it on them. Stuff like Octovine I can't damage with traps since it doesn't move. In fractals the anomnly is hard to damage with the traps since you can barely get him in the trigger radius but the overall trap range will reach and damage him.

There are objects you need to destory don't trigger the traps. Prime example is In raids in spirit vale when you're running away from the ghost horde, you can't damage the spirit walls with your traps because they're an object. Despite being able to hit them with weapons. The issue is you NEED to damage the walls otherwise you all die, making you a possible liability for your team. If you were able to denoate your own traps then this would not be an issue, since you could place them next to the wall then detonate them.

In WvW, dragonhunter traps don't trigger/detonate on Siege, which is resonable given that they're objects but having to the option to set off dragonhunter traps would help a dragonhunter clear out rival's siege quicker.

These have been a big issue for a while, it limits how you can use the traps at parts during the game limiting the amount of damage you can do, when you should be able to always use them.
    I think to solve the issue, rather than going back trying to make traps trigger/detonate all bosses and objects, instead Give dragonhunter a new virtue (F4) that detonates/triggers the player's traps so then we can trigger/detonate them when we want, if the traps don't go off like they should.

it's been ages since you've done anything with Dragonhunter, it's starting to show for a while now. It's not been properly updated in 2 years, many traits and effects feel out dated or bad and questionable. You've been tweaking everything in base guardian to fit Firebrand and then tweaking Firebrand but Dragonhunter it's self hasn't gotten any love.
    The only tweak i can think of that Dragonhunter specfically has recieved is the slight buff to big game hunter increasing it's damage from 10% to 20% and that was back in october, before that I don't even recall when the last time Dragonhunter was touched, Maybe it was early 2017 before Path of fire and the nerf to guardian's staff.

• @Mexi.2764 said:
    cool thanks for the update lets see how much more you can kill WvW in a week

There are still a few nails in the coffin that need to be hammered. But at least we do know one developer still loves us, now show them some respect :) (btw anet work on your emojis because :D is showing the disappointed emoji first, which scares me when we talk about wvw ... bull kitten ;D

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2019

@misterman.1530 said:
    Boy. Can't wait to see how badly Necros were nerfed again. Should be awesome.

There will be two steps for necros:

Step 1 (next week): Shroud skills have 50% reduced damage because they can crit too high with Onslaught and Death Perception.
    Step 2 (in 3 months): Shroud skills can't critical hit anymore.

Balanced!

• Got few ways to balance mirage , while under effect of mirage cloak deal like 50% less damage(adjust it accordingly). After distortion ends for a period get increased incoming damage or while distorted do less damage .
    Soulbeast also needed to fixed so much tabky.
    Holo rifle damage and holo mode damage combined with cc and that reset capability and insane mobility is just too much .

• @Ruufio.1496 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    I’m looking forward to the one week plus of complaints about the balance patch, how it didn’t meet up to so and so’s expectations, how out of touch Anet apparently is, and so on. This all coming after people wanting it in the first place. You know, the typical scenario we’ve seen with every other balance patch.

as long as soulbeast gets buffed its fine, too many counters it sometimes feels disadvantaged

You are not getting buffs mate , soulbeast such a brain-dead class . Nerfs coming !!!!

• Thank you for communicating this!

• balance change is irrelevant if chrono is still the only class for tanking in raids

• Dont make update no one want. U dont even listen ur community its amazing. Thats how u lose some players, god god god. But al least i hope u win some money from pve boi right ? :smirk:

• welp thanks for the heads up, but leaving op things in the game will kill it.

Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

• bennypig.6428bennypig.6428 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019

Lets see what holo boonbeast mirage would get.

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019

@DragonFury.6243 said:

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

@DragonFury.6243 said:
    why every thing must happen in a single day in a single patch ???????

kitten, the first comment in reply to us actually getting some communication and a balance patch and this is the salty kitten that someone says to the dev?

This is why we can't have nice thing!

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 Thank you for giving us the heads up and for bringing a balance patch.

and because teacher's pet like you we can't have nice thing

Yeah, it's players that prevent Anet from changing classes, especially the ones that are appreciative like him. You're so insightful. ><

If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

• I hope they will

• nerf mirage (especially endless horizont!)
    • improve both ele elite specializations and arcane skills
    • give a better mechanic to the scrapper
    • nerf the holosmiths mechanic skills 4 and 5 and improve sword 2
    • rework the soulbeast traits
    • rework the druid glyphs
    • improve the two defensive thief trait lines (who is using them?!)
    • rework dragonhunter bow skills
    • improve berserker specialization
    • improve spellbreaker dagger and meditation skills

And buff all the skills and traits that never a player would even take (and there are enough of them).

• Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭✭

i bet this patch, will change nothing, like every other. sadly ;/

make prepardness baseline plz

• I just want to hit my tab key ONCE and target the real mesmer, nothing more.

Fall down seven times, get up eight.

• IReadYaoi.3789IReadYaoi.3789 Member
    edited February 20, 2019

Hello there!

These are my suggested balanced patched based on professions:

• Mesmur:
      1) Infinite Horizon: This trait line should have at least a 3 second interval. Due to Sigil of Energy , Vigor upkeep, and Mirage Mirrors, Infinite Horizon encourages players to play the game based on dodge and not based on precise tactical skills. It is also frustrating for other professions to dodge many ambush skills that is being pumped out by clones and Mirage players. Furthermore, Mirage Cloak should not be grant to illusions or phantasm. Other professions should be able to destroy illusions easily in order to counter play Mesmur.
      2) Desert of Distortion: Mirage already has many invulnerability from mirage cloak, stealth, break target, and distortion, I do not see why this trait line is needed. Combined with Auspicious Anguish (Under Chaos trait line) , this makes mirage basically immortal.
      3) Mirage Cloak: This boosted dodge should have a draw back. Can't dodge while stun can be implemented.
      4) Illusionary Ambush: Please increase the CD of this utility. With Jaunt, Blink, and combined with IA, other professions can't keep up with a high mobile professions that breaks targets and stealth.

• Thief:
      1) Assassin's Signet: 20s CD is a bit low. I would increase it to 25s.
      2) Silent Scope: Gain stealth when you dodge. This should have a interval.
      3) Death's Retreat (Rifle 4): This should not grant Lead Attacks.

• Ranger:
      1) Lighting Reflexes: I would remove the vigor granted in this utility.
      2) Juvenile Siamoth: This pet grants plasma based on a 30s interval (Forage). This should be increase in between a 45s - 90s interval.
      3) Companion's Defense (under Wildness Survival): While in combat, dodge grants protection. This should have a interval. Maybe 3 seconds?

• Engineer:
      1) Over Shield (under Inventions): Protection grants a 40% damage reduction. This should be changed. Maybe protection grants a 20% condition damage reduction or just remove the protection buff.
      2) Iron Blooded (under Alchemy): "Reduce physical and condition damage for each boon you have." This should be changed from 2% to 1%. If there is 13 boons in this game, a 13% should be a good buff from this trait. 26% buff from iron blooded with the addition of protection and light aura does not sound that pleasant to play against.
      3) Holographic Shockwave (Holosmith): The CD for this CC is only 15s. This should be increase into 20s or 25s interval.
      4) Gleam Saber (sword auto): "Unleash a burst of stored energy with your sword and recharge your other sword skills. This auto chain should not grant the ability to reduce the CD of sword attacks. The CD on Refraction Cutter (9s) and Radiant Arc (14s) is already a reasonable interval.

• Elementalist:
      1) Twist of Fate: The dodge frame should be changed from 1s to 3/4s.
      I honestly don't play Elementalist that much so I do not know what should be nerf. But what I have noticed is that Weaver has too many dodges and Tempest is under performing in PVP.

• Revenant: I also don't play this profession that much and I do not have any players in my circle that players it. But what I have noticed is that it hits like a truck. However, please find a way to make Renegade viable in PVP.

• Warrior:
      1) Bull's Charge: The knock down and the evade frame on this is a bit high. Evade should be 1s and knockdown should be 2s.

Room for Edit and Ill add more.

• There is one unassailable truth about balance patches. The more complaints, the better the patch.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am not sure how this game come back from this wvw balancing is about to go comply crazy with the new mounts. Good luck devs all i can say.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• I always appreciate updates and patches, even when I don't see the point of the changes. Two things that I've been hoping, for some time, that would be fixed are the cluster that is "line of sight" and the Tab key targeting and "Target Closest" priority.

It gets frustrating when you can't use a skill because of "no valid path" or not having line of sight. Which would make sense, if there actually was no line of sight to your target. However, many of these issues are on relatively flat ground and your attacks or movement skills are unable to be used because a six inch tall mound is obstructing your line of sight.

It also gets frustrating that in wvw, while in combat, if I use Target Closest (my C key), often the first target selected is a wall or enemy siege piece. Is there a way that you can change targeting priority so that anything red is targeted before the yellow things? Or just remove the yellow things from the rotation entirely? I really wouldn't mind having to click on a wall or siege piece to target it.

Thank you for your time,

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    I’m looking forward to the one week plus of complaints about the balance patch, how it didn’t meet up to so and so’s expectations, how out of touch Anet apparently is, and so on. This all coming after people wanting it in the first place. You know, the typical scenario we’ve seen with every other balance patch.

I think the problem is that most of the powercreep and nonsense that got us here to begin with was not wanted. At least, not by the existing playerbase, which mostly quit, which is why ANet's stock figures have continuously nosedived since HoT.

The existing player base hasn’t mostly quit. Unless you have facts to back that up, I’d consider it made up. You should look at the numbers against as they haven’t nosedived. That is, unless you’re exaggerating.

I appreciate the communication from Irenio, but one of the major contention points can be seen in the OP itself: ANet is looking for discussion after doing all the work to release these changes, meaning any instances where they miss the mark will just be wasted time and effort.

People have different opinions on what they want. Anet has an idea on how they want their classes. It may “miss the mark” for you, but not necessarily for them.

• Mil.3562Mil.3562 Member ✭✭✭

Every time I see the word ' balance', I know it means buff Mesmer and nerf everyone and everything else...

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure that if this Balance patch doesn't fix key issues in PvP and it gets more fun to play it, I'm gonna forfeit the season, finally get into WvW and get myself a warkitty.

• DragonFury.6243DragonFury.6243 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019

@Obtena.7952 said:

@DragonFury.6243 said:

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

@DragonFury.6243 said:
    why every thing must happen in a single day in a single patch ???????

kitten, the first comment in reply to us actually getting some communication and a balance patch and this is the salty kitten that someone says to the dev?

This is why we can't have nice thing!

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 Thank you for giving us the heads up and for bringing a balance patch.

and because teacher's pet like you we can't have nice thing

Yeah, it's players that prevent Anet from changing classes, especially the ones that are appreciative like him. You're so insightful. ><

do you have life other than follow me around that is creepy
    have a life have a kit kat

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

This feel that everybody will have when they will discover that this patch won't address what they ask but focus on "boons" like said in a previous AN thread...

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

@""Aaralyna.3104"
    LB AA on ranger is the same. Quiet dumb design. IMO should be reworked.

• The Ace.9105The Ace.9105 Member ✭✭✭

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@incisorr.9502 said:
    It's the moment of truth

will arena net nerf a sub-50% win rate profession (mirage) only due to peer pressure from low elo and bad players and biased propaganda or will arena net nerf actually broken specs that are over-played and dominate due to how overpowered they are?

not gonna lie, i'm very curious myself

Mirage is absolute cancer in any 1v1 scenario but lacks team fight utility. If you think it's fine in a 1v1 please put up a video of you beating a top rated one.

He is a mirage player.

• @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:
    Can we see the notes in advance? In respect of the community being pretty unsettled by this mount business, it would provide some peace of mind.

Haha. ^^ Balance patches providing peace of mind is a nice joke. ^^

I don't think there ever as a balance patch that was welcomed by everyone. Usually, some good things are introduced together with some nerfs and very often something potentially game-changing is announced. We have already two pages of discussion here without being given any information. So even if everything in the patch would be satisfying there is a big chance people will complain about the things missing.

So, I'm fine with waiting until I can try out the announced things. ^^

@Iustitian.9176 said:
    I hope they will

• nerf mirage (especially endless horizont!)
    • improve both ele elite specializations and arcane skills
    • give a better mechanic to the scrapper
    • nerf the holosmiths mechanic skills 4 and 5 and improve sword 2
    • rework the soulbeast traits
    • rework the druid glyphs
    • improve the two defensive thief trait lines (who is using them?!)
    • rework dragonhunter bow skills
    • improve berserker specialization
    • improve spellbreaker dagger and meditation skills

And buff all the skills and traits that never a player would even take (and there are enough of them).

Somehow I doubt any of this will be addressed. ^^

• Mirage is fine, I can beat a mirage on my mirage. So just make a mirage , duh

• @reddie.5861 said:
    remove mounts from WvW

I'm so proud of this community

"Raising a building is like fighting a war...except you're hammering on something that's dead."

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hope boonbeast gets adjusted. Condi ranger playstyles improved. Druid reasonable reworks of certain aspects and pets overhauled.
    A man can dream.

• Leinwandbild-Steinmauer_big02.jpg Finally some transparency =)

• I love balance patches, hoping for nerfs to mirage, soulbeast and holo mainly with minor nerfs to core guard and spellbreaker and core ranger. Some reworks for underused weapons and utilities be nice as well.

• please give a massive nerf to scourage in WvW or make it a healer

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019

Balance patch really appreciated.
    Hope Scrapper is stronger, enough of giving only vulnerabilities, need a rework... and core rifle engie slighty better. Re-add overcharge turrets skills?
    I don't use kits and hate them, could turrets and gyros become more useful? Increased damages for hammer/rifle ? At least 20% recharge reduction for hammer.

For Bow Dragonshunter maybe more boons or damages but a little. Buff it to make it okay.
    Strangely my toon I feel the weaker is my sword weaver fire-earth whereas skill deal correct damages... maybe decrease recharge. Buff arcane skills.
    I'm okay with holo/deadeye/any necro/Renegade revenant currently. -> Fix WvW Scourge.

Buffs > Nerfs, don't ruin Holosmith. That is the template, classes should be powerful like holo in their way.
    Currently I put Holosmith sword-shield in the same bag as Renegade Shortbow, Scourge torch and Berseker Greatsword. Those four can survive and deal correct damages. Dragonshunter bow, Deadeye Rifle and Weaver Sword feels weak.

Only speaking of the specs I play.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• aceofbass.2163aceofbass.2163 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019

Double post

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.