Power Revenent PVE ?

fran.8157

Hi , I'm returning to the game after almost two years. when i left the rev was very different from now , the sword offhand for example.I'm really into power play style condi its just not for me and i don't like thief and elementalist because of their playstyle and warrior too.I'm wandering how the power revenent with double swords in Pve cause i know he is good in pvp and WvW. How does it Compare to the power guardian (or dragon hunter) in pve(raids,fractals,dungeons )

@Oldyoung.6109 said:It's fairly comparable to Dragonhunter though Firebrand blows pretty much everything out of the water for dps.

Dragonhunter is the meta dps pick on six raid encounters and is top tier on all fractal bosses... Firebrand is on zero.This is mostly due to DH's insane burst potential, which is actually the exact opposite of Power Rev builds, which have extremely low burst potential, but decent steady dps.

@"fran.8157" as for Power Rev's viability in instanced PvE, it's not meta, or even deemed "good tier" by most high end pvp players. But, it's fine, really... It just depends who you play with and what your goals are. That said, Power Renegade is meta for Fractal CM speed run comps, but this mostly involves channeling Soulcleave and spamming Orders the entire time to act as an alacrity bot and pseudo-healer for your group. Sadly, regular dps Rev builds are always kind of by the wayside since you lack any real burst, and burst is what makes power builds desirable in the encounters that they're desirable in.

Although who knows, balance patch next week... Maybe Power Herald will get a bunch of captain insaneo buffs. :bleep_bloop:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Kind of disheartened by the lack of any meaningful improvements to the revenant class. Keeps having piddly damage in pve and being super fragile. Reapers are so much more powerful with a better class mechanic.

Reaper's dps is about the same as Rev's. But they have higher burst potential in phases under 50% and better cleave.

This is of course for power... Rev's are top tier in condi dps. In fact, the reason you don't see serious benchmarks for Power Ren/Herald is because even in power fights the more bursty Baelfire Renegade variant would still out-perform it's power equivalent (and power reaper for that matter.)

@narcx.3570 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Kind of disheartened by the lack of any meaningful improvements to the revenant class. Keeps having piddly damage in pve and being super fragile. Reapers are so much more powerful with a better class mechanic.

Reaper's dps is about the same as Rev's. But they have higher burst potential in phases under 50% and better cleave.

This is of course for power... Rev's are top tier in condi dps. In fact, the reason you don't see serious benchmarks for Power Ren/Herald is because
even in power fights
the more bursty Baelfire Renegade variant would still out-perform it's power equivalent (and power reaper for that matter.)

Its the better burst and higher survivability you really can feel as a reaper, and a less obnoxious class mechanic.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

This is of course for power... Rev's are top tier in condi dps. In fact, the reason you don't see serious benchmarks for Power Ren/Herald is because
even in power fights
the more bursty Baelfire Renegade variant would still out-perform it's power equivalent (and power reaper for that matter.)

Its the better burst and higher survivability you really can feel as a reaper, and a less obnoxious class mechanic.

They're honestly in the same boat tho... If I'm in a position where I'm not taking a power Rev, I'm certainly not taking a Reaper either.

For a by the numbers/factual based argument, the ONLY fight that power Reaper is outperforming Condi Renegade at any percentile is KC. And weirdly enough on KC, Power Herald is actually outperforming Reaper at the 90th percentile by 1k (although at the 99th percentile, Reaper beats Herald by 3k.)

And while obnoxiousness is completely subjective, I'm not sure what's un-obnoxious about spamming Gravedigger 8 times in a row after 50%.

Archived