THANK YOU FOR WARCLAW!!!

patton the great.7126

As a long time WvW'er I have to say this game mode needs something to add a little zest to the mix. I was very skeptical of gliding in WvW when it was 1st added, but I have to say it didn't hurt the game mode at all and infact made travel alittle more interesting. If I remember correctly the VOCAL MINORITY was up in arms back then too. Its nice to see we finally get an exclusive item that we don't have to leave WvW for. Thanks for not forgetting about the people who's only real end-game is WvW/PvP. Plus I can't wait to feast on the new PvE Zerglings this may bring with it! My sword is ready. Keep up the good work, If the rumors are true and it's just a small team working on the game mode, you guys rock! Keep on doing what you do, and ignore the hate! Some people are never happy!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ni In.6578 said:

didn't hurt the game mode

Glides into OW. Glides into NET. Glides into NWT. Glides into QL. Avoids fights by gliding out.

No, no issues at all there.

People like gliding because it made things more convenient for them.

Convenience is not always equal to improvement. Gliding definitely made combat worse in WvW.

Good convenience for example would be open all boxes and save your hands. Bad on the other hand outside of gliding would be what mirage did to mesmer ~_^.

Oh, and you forgot gliding half way to defend bay avoiding getting picked off by people trying to stop respawners.

Honestly having a wvw-specific mount with wvw balance in mind excites me a lot, HOWEVER, I really hope Anet abides by these following limitations to it either at release or in the near future:

1. The mount's movement speed must not be any faster than out of combat + swiftness on. Otherwise, the mounts will enable a large amount of people to ALWAYS be able to chase down a smaller amount of/single person which really hurts roaming/small scale.
  2. Absolutely NO CC should be attached to mounts. This will greatly exacerbate the issue mentioned in #1 but also greatly imbalance fights where both parties engage with mounts.
  3. Looks like from the sneak peak that the mount has an attack of sorts. This attack should not do a terribly large amount of damage - 2 to 4k power damage (unaffected by your stats) at MOST and should either have a lengthy cooldown or be the dismounting/engaging attack (which it probably is).
  4. The mount's ability to deal siege damage as is seen in the sneak peak should be completely inferior to all conventional siege. A single regular catapult for example (which lets say takes two players to build) should be able to break down a tower door quicker than two mounted players can.
  5. There needs to be some counterplay so that a single mounted player cannot run by and escape a larger group of players (who would otherwise successfully have killed that single player). There are multiple ways to do this, here are the first two I can think of:
    • War Claw is affected by CC and conditions unlike its pve counterpart
    • War Claw has low hp, and depleting that hp will dismount the player and stun them for a considerable amount of time.
    • Being put into combat will instantly dismount you (probably not the best method).

The whole point of limitations like these are to make sure that the mount actually adds value to the game mode without hurting it or exacerbating any existing problems. I believe similar to these will accomplish exactly that.

@Ni In.6578 said:

Glides into OW. Glides into NET. Glides into NWT. Glides into QL. Avoids fights by gliding out.

You can't glide into OW or QL. You can only glide to the front door. If there's a zerg blocking it, they can down you in the air or as soon as you land

And is something wrong with letting scouts and roamers glide in to NET and NWT so they can use siege to defend?

@Jura.2170 said:

You can't glide into OW or QL. You can only glide to the front door. If there's a zerg blocking it, they can down you in the air or as soon as you land

And is something wrong with letting scouts and roamers glide in to NET and NWT so they can use siege to defend?

You've forgotten or weren't around for when gliding was released, and months after where you could glide into OW. OW was moved due to gliding. And you haven't seen people glide from the ledge next to blue keep wall directly into QL's portal? I see it all the time. NSP is expert at it. Yes, gliding shouldn't enable a small amount of defenders to repel a large group of attackers. Objectives already heavily favor defenders.

I DEMAND UPGRADES TO THE CHARR CAR SO IT DOES NOT GO OBSOLETE!

1. Reduced tactivator cooldown.
  2. Increased duration in the car.
  3. Siege damage to match the warclaw.
  4. Much bigger model.
  5. New passive tactic that if slotted with the Assault Roller upgrade, turns the Assault Roller into Assault Tank. The tank has a bigger model, 2 player mount, 1 driver, 1 gunner.
  6. Assault Tank takes on all skills of a ram, it becomes a mobile ram with a gun turret.
  7. I expect this to be implemented by Feb 23rd 2021, calenders are being marked, the timer is ticking.
  8. Thank you.

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:You do realize that a vocal minority is people who still care and still play, right?

The people who are really upset with changes like this don't post on forums, they quit (and/or stop caring/funding otherwise).

Have people quit this game mode? There is your answer.

Yup. Haven't really been on GW2 in months. Logged in with the new LS season, played until the new map, went "meh", and haven't been on since. WvW was really all I played and that has not gotten better...well...ever.

There are a ton of possible scenarios where mounts could be totally underwhelming (and only fulfill the purpose of selling more gemstore skins to WvW players).

I don't get why people flip out about the announcement.

What if we get:

• Springer movement speed (slooooooow)
  • 5k health like PvE mounts (you can oneshot the mount)
  • the mount can be cc'd (unlike PvE mounts)
  • skill 1 deals just 2k single target damage and you unmount after using it
  • skill 2 deals just 1% damage to structures at a 30s cooldown
  • no mastery improvements

etc.

To all the haters: would you think this could break the game?

I am happy there is a solid WvW exclusive to help drive more new players into the game mode. I am looking forward to trying it before I pass my judgement.

BTW, gliding has been a solid addition to WvW. Vastly improved EBG Red Keep, made D-BL more tolerable and created a new strategy for some fights. Even better are all the funny deaths from players that thought they could glide "there" or those that get shot out of the sky.

@"Ni In.6578" said:You've forgotten or weren't around for when gliding was released, and months after where you could glide into OW. OW was moved due to gliding.

I liked the original OW and wish they had kept it. But I thought it was moved because ppl were complaining they couldn't treb rams at the gate from the keep

The new OW is a little more defendable than the old one, for scouts in the keep anyway

And you haven't seen people glide from the ledge next to blue keep wall directly into QL's portal?

I've tried it lots of times, always get downed in the air or just outside the door

Yes, gliding shouldn't enable a small amount of defenders to repel a large group of attackers

With gliding as it is now, it gives servers with few ppl during certain hours a chance to defend against large zergs. If they didn't have that chance, wvw would become an easier ktrain for bigger zerg servers with more timezone coverage

Objectives already heavily favor defenders.

Not really. Anet lowered arrow cart damage on rams and golems to half, last year. And most zergs have eles with meteor and mesmers with gravity well, which can reach quite far into towers and hit most scouts trying to defend

It's quite hard now for a few scouts to defend a tower or keep

It all will be fine. Its funny to see how people totally loose their minds.

Be smart and work on new exciting things.. You all finally have an update to your gamemode. I would be happy.For me as a mostly pve player last year. One of the things i disliked about wvw time were the amazing long boring walks to where the action is.

Im happy to see this change and for me it will be a way to return me to this gamemode.

And new battlefield strategies..

I thinks its exciting to see 2 separate groups. A walking army too lure in a blob and some cavalry to ambush the blobs. About time wvw finally became a war like scene with tactics and such. Fallen players would be able to return much quicker. Which also means more loot, more exp, more fun.

At least im triggered to return to wvw. Hopefully with more exciting updates next week.Cheers.

Archived