WvW Participation with Mounts Suggestion

Vrailan.5014

I split my time between zerging, roaming, and havoc. So I am a little concerned that roaming will be harder as zergs could assign one group to kill roamers.

To mitigate this issue, getting killed within the vicinity of a tower, camp, or guard should award five minutes of participation. Thoughts?

I think this is an excellent idea.

Upon hearing about the mount announcement I was immediately concerned that roaming would become 100% broken.

Taking camps will become nearly impossible as defending roaming parties will be able to immediately respond and arrive in seconds when a camp is attacked. So mounts will make it nearly impossible for single roaming players to keep participation in WvW without modifying the mechanic.

I believe the OP's suggestion would help the issue.

@Vrailan.5014 said:I split my time between zerging, roaming, and havoc. So I am a little concerned that roaming will be harder as zergs could assign one group to kill roamers.

Zerg sends zerglings into a fight with skilled roamers... zerglings report back they all died to a condi mirage and a deadeye. The last thing a zerg is going to do is try and hit/run on roamers in builds designed to blow up stragglers. If a server wants to hold a camp or similar, they will do it with golems like they do now.

Archived