Is your reaction to the "Tame The Warclaw" teaser trailer positive or negative?

The Night Fox.6018

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All for more mounts and this one definitely seems interesting.

What i'm interested in knowing is whether this mount will be usable outside of WvW or whether it will be exclusively obtained and used only in WvW.I'm more than happy to play some WvW to get the mount even if it has little to no use in PvE but if it's only useable in WvW I won't bother.

@Teratus.2859 said:All for more mounts and this one definitely seems interesting.

What i'm interested in knowing is whether this mount will be usable outside of WvW or whether it will be exclusively obtained and used only in WvW.I'm more than happy to play some WvW to get the mount even if it has little to no use in PvE but if it's only useable in WvW I won't bother.

And what you stated is the entire issue. It sounds like you PvE for the most part, which is fine. Yet instead of getting things that people who are more or less dedicated to WvW have been asking for, we get PvE content. Nothing that advances this PvP game mode.

What this comes down to is that you will begrudgingly play a game mode like those going after Gift of Battle or Catmander tag to take whatever the end result is outside of WvW. This doesn't improve WvW at all.

@dezkreet.3472 said:I don't see an apathetic option being need. just splits up the no vote more. Whether you are mad about the mounts themselves or the misuse of valuable dev time for wvw, it's still negative regardless.

They wasted dev time because his is just another cash grab situation--warclaw mount skins coming to a gem store near you.

@Ni In.6578 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:All for more mounts and this one definitely seems interesting.

What i'm interested in knowing is whether this mount will be usable outside of WvW or whether it will be exclusively obtained and used only in WvW.I'm more than happy to
play some WvW
to get the mount even if it has little to no use in PvE but if it's only useable in WvW I won't bother.

And what you stated is the entire issue. It sounds like you PvE for the most part, which is fine. Yet instead of getting things that people who are more or less dedicated to WvW have been asking for, we get PvE content. Nothing that advances this PvP game mode.

Purely PvE, I don't like WvW in all honesty for several reasons.. the biggest being that the game mode is a hollow shell of what it was originally designed and promoted to be.Large battles between huge numbers of players.. defending forts and keeps against the hordes of players!!

In all the years I played this game.. I never once had that genuine WvW experience... all i've ever seen in WvW is a glorified game of ring around the rosies.. just groups of people running in a very big circle capturing abandoned forts then moving onto the next while an enemy group does the same thing.. I cannot stress how unbelievably tedius and boring that is and that is pretty much the entire WvW experience as far as I've seen.It's the main reason I am eagerly hoping that the WvW revamp will finally make WvW an actual World vs World experience like it was always supposed to be.. then i'll gladly play it more so.. maybe even regularly ^^

What this comes down to is that you will begrudgingly play a game mode like those going after Gift of Battle or Catmander tag to take whatever the end result is outside of WvW. This doesn't improve WvW at all.

Pretty much.. I already have to play the mode when I want to make a legendary, and years back I had to play when I wanted map completion too.I do agree with you, the mount alone is absolutely not going to improve WvW although personally I do like the idea of mounts in WvW and I do like the look of this one so far.

The biggest problem with WvW imo is the fact that WvW is just a very badly designed game mode in general that was greatly oversold as a feature for Gw2.It's population declined so much over the years being one of the main reasons why it stagnated and neglected by the devs.Why bother with a game mode hardly anyone plays right?

I think the mount is going to bring a lot of people to WvW.. specially if it can be used in PvE.. and thats something WvW does desperately need to even warrant it's continnued existence.. but in it's current state I doubt they will stick around after they got their Warclaw.. which overall will make the mount kinda wasted.I think this mount would have been a far better addition to hold back until the big WvW revamp had already dropped because if WvW does get significantly better from that Revamp (which I really hope it does) then a lot more players who played it for the mount.. would likely stick around afterwards because they found the content enjoyable.. I'd certainly be one of them.

@Teon.5168 said:

@Grohiik.1852 said:I am pretty sure that you will only mount up in your territory which makes sense. Will wait and see for a full opinion but I don't dislike the idea.

I believe it will be across the map, and not just in your own territories like gliding.

I hope not because that would be questionable.Will still wait and see how it pans out though because we literally have no information on what they plan to do.

Everyone is always so quick to jump onto the hate train with no idea of how it'll work and impact the game. For now, I'm cautiously optimistic. Is it really a wonder why they never want to do anything with WvW if everything they suggest is instantly hated on? Wait and see. If it's actually a problem when it's released, then by all means, rant away.

@Grohiik.1852 said:

@Grohiik.1852 said:I am pretty sure that you will only mount up in your territory which makes sense. Will wait and see for a full opinion but I don't dislike the idea.

I believe it will be across the map, and not just in your own territories like gliding.

I hope not because that would be questionable.Will still wait and see how it pans out though because we literally have no information on what they plan to do.

Yeah that's what i'm waiting for too, I wanna know if the mount will be ridable outside WvW but also how it will change the WvW experience.I expect it will be like Gliding in a way and will require upgrading with the ability point system to really bring out it's abilities like it's dismount attack and ability to grapple gates.Anet will reveal all on Friday I guess.. either way i'll be watching to learn more so long as I remember >.<

@Grohiik.1852 said:

In the video the mount seems to be attacking a gate so i'm assuming you can use it anywhere.

GW2 WvW had the capability to be the best game in this genre, everything was there for them, the set up was nearly perfect

they could have made this such an incredible game modeand it WAS incredible, for a timebut the lack of care to it, and meaningful updates for it, has been more than disheartening

mounts are definitely not the way to improve it in its current form, at least not until they do a lot of other overhauls in many other areas

Archived