How disconnected Anet truly is from their WvW fanbase

xZombieTaco.5809

WvW needed help. A mount wasn't the help it needed. If the mount is even remotely implemented incorrectly it can drastically effect all forms of WvW gameplay. How much damage does the #2 skill do to gates? Do we even need Rams anymore? Does it work in combat? How much damage does the #1 skill do to players? Does it effect multiple enemies? Can I get on my new mount while in combat? Because that #3 sounds like it could be exploited if not implemented correctly.

What WvW Players actually want(ed):

1. Alliances to finally come out. Its been a year. You told us "a few months"
  2. A new map, whether that be giving Green BL a new marshland reskin (like in EBG,) or something to give us a fresh scenery to look at. That'd be fantastic
  3. A new WvW Event added to a monthly rotation. Weather that be a no-downstate event since we've done it in the past, or a completely new one. We generally don't care. Just give us something so our friends that used to love wvw might come back to hangout with us again.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. WvW Ain't broke by making people walk around everywhere. The maps aren't big enough to justify a mount. Speaking of, how fast does the mount move? Jackal speed? Raptor speed? How much HP does it have? Will players be CC'd when the mount dies like it does in PvE? Will this be a flop like portable cannons?

We needed more information about the mount during the announcement, and we didn't get enough details to not be somewhat angry or hurt about the decision.

Sincerely,

A guy who bought your game, for WvW.

@"xZombieTaco.5809" said:WvW needed help. A mount wasn't the help it needed. If the mount is even remotely implemented incorrectly it can drastically effect all forms of WvW gameplay. How much damage does the #2 skill do to gates? Do we even need Rams anymore? Does it work in combat? How much damage does the #1 skill do to players? Does it effect multiple enemies? Can I get on my new mount while in combat? Because that #3 sounds like it could be exploited if not implemented correctly.

What WvW Players actually want(ed):

1. Alliances to finally come out. Its been a year. You told us "a few months"
  2. A new map, whether that be giving Green BL a new marshland reskin (like in EBG,) or something to give us a fresh scenery to look at. That'd be fantastic
  3. A new WvW Event added to a monthly rotation. Weather that be a no-downstate event since we've done it in the past, or a completely new one. We generally don't care. Just give us something so our friends that used to love wvw might come back to hangout with us again.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. WvW Ain't broke by making people walk around everywhere. The maps aren't big enough to justify a mount. Speaking of, how fast does the mount move? Jackal speed? Raptor speed? How much HP does it have? Will players be CC'd when the mount dies like it does in PvE? Will this be a flop like portable cannons?

We needed more information about the mount during the announcement, and we didn't get enough details to not be somewhat angry or hurt about the decision.

Sincerely,

A guy who bought your game, for WvW.

Honestly the only thing that wvw need from my perspective is vanila wvw from GW2 (maybe few months after release), without any additional content from HoT, PoF with amendment for score rules and alliance + performance update. That's it. Then they could disband whole wvw devs team and make it abandoned content like dungeons just for people who are interested in actual small and big size fights.

A new mount only gained in WvW is a great way to get more new players to try WvW. For WvW to thrive it needs fresh blood and the best way to get that is to create incentives for PvE players to enter the mode. Mounts are a big incentive IMO.

Development isn't a linear progression like leveling a character. It is very likely an entirely different team was working on this than the guys working on alliance. They probably didn't pause alliance development or balancing to get a new mount in the game. Also adding more programmers onto a project does not speed it up often it has the exact opposite reaction in the short term.

@Straegen.2938 said:

1. A new mount only gained in WvW is a great way to get more new players to try WvW. For WvW to thrive it needs fresh blood and the best way to get that is to create incentives for PvE players to enter the mode. Mounts are a big incentive IMO.
  2. Development isn't a linear progression like leveling a character. It is very likely an entirely different team was working on this than the guys working on alliance. They probably didn't pause alliance development or balancing to get a new mount in the game. Also adding more programmers onto a project does not speed it up often it has the exact opposite reaction in the short term.

I don't mind the influx of new players into WvW, hell, I actually welcome them. But please don't clog the queues where actual WvW guild squad is needed.

Archived