Deleting a Crafting Profession

Zaraki.5784

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Not even support can remove a crafting profession.Although... why would you want to? There's no disadvantage and it costs nothing to switch to a discipline you haven't crafted with yet.

That's sad to hear, thanks for the answer though :(Just for a personal preference/roleplaying reason, nothing else, I had specific characters for any crafting profession and I wanted others to remain "professions-less".

In your shoes, if it's a "new" character, I'd re-roll (I've done that a few times for reasons that ...others might find difficult to understand). If it's older than a few months, I'd probably stick with it and then create a new character to fill the niche (assuming it's worth 800 gems to you).

PS can't hurt to create the support ticket.After I typed the original response, I realized that I should have rephrased. In the past, support hasn't been able to change it. But perhaps things have changed.

It seems ANet only considered people who'd want to level multiple crafts, not people who don't want to craft at all and don't want that icon clutter in the character select screen. :P

Having a way to abandon your craft (without losing progress) would be nice, though a very niche feature.

Yep, unfortunately you can't forget it. I have 9 characters, each mastered 1 single crafting profession, but one of them has also another useless crafting profession that I can't forget. Not a problem, but it would be nice to remove it. I'm always scared when I talk to a scribe/chef master just to sell some item, to misclic on "teach me..."

@"Urud.4925" said:Yep, unfortunately you can't forget it. I have 9 characters, each mastered 1 single crafting profession, but one of them has also another useless crafting profession that I can't forget. Not a problem, but it would be nice to remove it. I'm always scared when I talk to a scribe/chef master just to sell some item, to misclic on "teach me..."

Without wishing to seem negative and all that, why are you using crafting master NPCs as "sell-junk" merchants when there are oodles of "real" merchants more conveniently placed?

Archived