Can play with this pc?

You can play the game. But not very well. Most likely you will play the older areas just fine, from the 2012-2013 release dates.Don't expect to use high resolutions, anti-aliasing or high detail settings. Stay below full-HD.

But you will experience severe slowdowns in large battles and newer areas will be slow as well. Both the CPU as the graphics chip are low-performance.

• 2 weeks later...

My pc is a bit of a potato (i use it for work). Im running on a haswell I3 and a 1030 graphics card- all very basic.I actually run fine on medium to high settings. I have found thought that regardless of my settings it is the number of players in the area that hits fps hard.

The more players in your area, the more rendering the graphics card has to do , and the more data needs to be sent from the Server to define what all the other players are doing.If you have a slow HD , then a SSD may help, as the time to read the texture data for all the other players around you improves.

@mauried.5608 said:The more players in your area, the more rendering the graphics card has to do , and the more data needs to be sent from the Server to define what all the other players are doing.If you have a slow HD , then a SSD may help, as the time to read the texture data for all the other players around you improves.

Its very odd, i do have an ssd, but no matter what i do with settings, when there are a lot of players around it fries my pc....

@trev.1045 said:

@mauried.5608 said:The more players in your area, the more rendering the graphics card has to do , and the more data needs to be sent from the Server to define what all the other players are doing.If you have a slow HD , then a SSD may help, as the time to read the texture data for all the other players around you improves.

Its very odd, i do have an ssd, but no matter what i do with settings, when there are a lot of players around it fries my pc....Well a potato with an ssd is still basicly just a potato that grows faster.

If using a laptop, I highly recomment one with at least a dedicated graphics card. A non throttled cpu helps but pretty much all laptop cpus are gimped, unless you go into the $2000+ gamer range. I have ran GW2 on a Surface Pro 2 just for fun and dear lord is all I can say. I got motion sickness when frames went sub 20 and nearly vomited. But it did run.

@trev.1045 said:

Its very odd, i do have an ssd, but no matter what i do with settings, when there are a lot of players around it fries my pc....

An SSD helps (a lot) with loading times and other things related to disk access, but does not help (or hinder) at all with computing tasks like managing the game physics and rendering the scene you are looking at. The only things that can help there are CPU speed (mostly in GHz once you have enough cores / threads) and GPU speed, plus a hard-to-quantify contribution from memory performance.

And yes, when there are lots of players around, the game engine has to do a lot more work than when it's just you and the scenery and a few monsters.

Archived