With the balance patch confirmed for next week, can we preview what changes are coming?

mortrialus.3062

Mirage nerfed in some way other than removing dodge through CC. Power builds nerfed. Condi left busted.

Deadeye damage nerfed but stealth on dodge still in the game

Revenant sword rework skill 5 reverted instead of skill 4. Renegade ignored.

Ele staff damage buffed by 1%. Shatterstone buffed. Random traits buffed in ways that still make them useless.

Warrior traits reworked in some completely arbitrary way. Full counter CD increased by 0.00001 seconds.

Ranger core traits nerfed, boonbeast traits left alone. Random weapon skill damages buffed by 10-20%.

Guardian skills and traits buffed and nerfed at random decided 100% by a blind monkey with a dartboard.

Core engie nerfed in order to nerf Holosmith in such a way that actually nerfs Scrapper more than Holo. Elixer U buff still not reverted.

Reaper damage will either be nerfed or buffed. Decided 100% by a blind monkey flipping a coin.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

1. Mirage nerfed in some way other than removing dodge through CC. Power builds nerfed. Condi left busted.
  2. Deadeye damage nerfed but stealth on dodge still in the game
  3. Revenant sword rework skill 5 reverted instead of skill 4. Renegade ignored.
  4. Ele staff damage buffed by 1%. Shatterstone buffed. Random traits buffed in ways that still make them useless.
  5. Warrior traits reworked in some completely arbitrary way. Full counter CD increased by 0.00001 seconds.
  6. Ranger core traits nerfed, boonbeast traits left alone. Random weapon skill damages buffed by 10-20%.
  7. Guardian skills and traits buffed and nerfed at random decided 100% by a blind monkey with a dartboard.
  8. Core engie nerfed in order to nerf Holosmith in such a way that actually nerfs Scrapper more than Holo. Elixer U buff still not reverted.
  9. Reaper damage will either be nerfed or buffed. Decided 100% by a blind monkey flipping a coin.

These are actually pretty realistic possible changes

@rwolf.9571 said:I probably care less about balance at this point, Fix your kitten matchmaking first! Especially to accommodate the low population! 60-80% of matches are pure blowouts. Not Cool...

Fixing Boonbeast/Mirage will bring about 50% more people so it'll fix matchmaking as well. I know about 20 people just from the forums alone that don't play/play less because of the crappy balance atm, myself included.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@rwolf.9571 said:I probably care less about balance at this point, Fix your kitten matchmaking first! Especially to accommodate the low population! 60-80% of matches are pure blowouts. Not Cool...

Fixing Boonbeast/Mirage will bring about 50% more people so it'll fix matchmaking as well.Lol how naive. Balance will never be really good anyways

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

1. Mirage nerfed in some way other than removing dodge through CC. Power builds nerfed. Condi left busted.
  4. Ele staff damage buffed by 1%. Shatterstone buffed. Random traits buffed in ways that still make them useless.
  5. Warrior traits reworked in some completely arbitrary way. Full counter CD increased by 0.00001 seconds.
  6. Ranger core traits nerfed, boonbeast traits left alone. Random weapon skill damages buffed by 10-20%.
  7. Guardian skills and traits buffed and nerfed at random decided 100% by a blind monkey with a dartboard.
  8. Core engie nerfed in order to nerf Holosmith in such a way that actually nerfs Scrapper more than Holo. Elixer U buff still not reverted.
  9. Reaper damage will either be nerfed or buffed. Decided 100% by a blind monkey flipping a coin.

There is an insane amount of stuff I could say about this ^^1.) Mirage is very OP at the moment so I also hope they got a nerf to bring them down to the other2.) I played mine with a rifle until Arena nerfed it and forced stealth on me.3.) About the sword I can't say anything . The condi built is very strong also power built with hammer in wvw . What could happen is the hammer get a range nerf but I wished for some improvements for the support builds.4.) Yeah I wished I would get more dps again as staff weaver/tempest playing fractals as an ele became very unsatisfying.5.) Can't say much but warriors became extremely strong so Arena.Net might nerf something6.) Boonbeast I heard became extremely strong but haven't seem much of them. What I wished for would be buff for both bows.7.) FB strength is its mechanics they can only nerf them until they are useless meaning the whole elite becomes useless or redesign it completely. Scourge has by the way the same problem. What many not understand is as FB you are too 100% at the mercy of your team in pvp and wvw and in pvp your are the first target that will be attacked (if the enemy knows what they are doing)

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:

Fixing Boonbeast/Mirage will bring about 50% more people so it'll fix matchmaking as well.Lol how naive. Balance will never be really good anyways

I wasn't being serious.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

This hurts to read....

You would think anyone with common sense would realize this is satire, but then again, Dolyak Stance was buffed in the latest patch (which was a LONG time ago, mind you).

Mesmers keep getting "nerfed" yet everyone else does as well, net sum being mirages are still top dog, up there with soulbeasts and holos. More blinds/confusion/torment and a now added side dish of retaliation just that you dont even dare do anything at all when fighting them. It is fun to take your hands off the keyboard and do nothing as your main way of fighting them!

Spellbreaker keeps getting their F2 nerfed when their biggest issue is Greatsword and how strong it is compared to other weapons, to the point of being oppressive to all but the meta builds, yet like holos and soulbeasts, they have way more sustain that any other build have without an amulet with healing stats (seriously guys, try playing ele without healing stats and tell me that holo/spellbreaker/soulbeast sustain is ok and "they wouldnt be able to survive without it" and see how that goes and how you should not take things for granted).

Eles will get another significant damage nerf on core traits, affecting everything else, maybe a shatterstone buff (memes, but even if we get "buffs" to damage, net sum is usually negative when taking into account nerfs), they will once again decrease healing flat values and increase scaling, nerf more defensive traits on non water/arcane traits further pushing us into having to run self-sustain point-stall builds that are just good at being an annoying wet noodle and that being our only way of defend ourselves.

Reapers/scourages will once again complain about how "they poor souls keep getting nerfed" yet have a very significant population in all ranks, specially in my P1-P2 rank, where these "poor souls" have to endure having near permanent relevance in all games (except maybe in games with lots of soulbeasts, but thats another topic). and corrupting/bursting the living hell out of all eles/guardians.

Holo/soulbeast will get a wrist slap, more sustain without healing amulet, because The Six forbid anyone other than eles have to take into account healing stats in order to have sustain or any defense at all.

At this point I'm just happy if staff ele is not nerfed even more, that is a win in my book, even if it means everyone else gets buffed and thus making eles weaker in comparison, at the very least is not a double nerf like those we have had constantly for the past 3+ years since eles had a relevant damage build with D/D cele.

/salty af ele main who reached nearly p2 from g2 in a single day after picking up soulbeast after years of playing eles and barely making it to top 100 every time.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

If I could give you a Reddit gold for this, I would.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

Sadly this sounds about right.

Archived