Why don't PoF metas drop funerary incense?

Samuel.4812

Or Amalgamated gemstones? Seems easy enough to patch into the loot tables.

Legendaries and infusions are the most sought after Items in game yet doing metas from the previous expansion is the best way to obtain these.

I love the pof maps but couldn't they give us more reason to do them? As it is we are practically forced to do TD and AB.

I can agree to both Amalgamated and Funerary Incense coming from the Metas (or just having an uncommon chance to drop from champ bounties and a common drop from legendary bounties). This would make the grind for Legendaries using Gifts of Desert Mastery (GoDM) a little less annoying. I've made 5 legends since PoF dropped, 4 of them with Gifts of Maguuma Mastery (GoMM) and only 1 from GoDM. The need for 250 Funerary incense which only have two ways to obtain (three if you include Crystalline Ingots which are HoT only item) and those two ways being locked behind a daily time gate is ridiculous. Needing to do the Vabbi karma hearts daily to get 8 of them and spending 15 elegy mosaics a day for 5 of them makes the long process of making a legendary artificially longer.

Comparing the two methods for GoMM and GoDM:

1 HoT Meta can yield you 30 - 70+ materials from completion and looting the chests around the map (I'm just talking the time before the next meta map begins, not any free time you want to spend running around looking for hidden chests). This allows you to work around timed events to obtain what you need with relative ease.

PoF, on the other hand, you can farm Legendary bounties to get the Mosaics easily enough, and I didn't mind this part. Even if 2-3 is a bit low for the base common drop, it still wasn't bad. Get on a train that hits all leg bounties and you get enough in a short amount of time to make it feel rewarding, and like a legendary journey.

What ruins it is the time gates and what they are tied to. If it was 50 incense a day from turning in Mosaics, I could understand this (at a 1 mosaic (not 3) + the other mats to 1 incense). Killing legendary bounties every day/few hours would be on the same level as doing the HoT Metas. Where the legendary journey for PoF fails and makes it unfair, honestly, to HoT owners is locking the acquisition of Incense behind Karma heart time gates. NO ONE WANTS TO DO THOSE HEARTS EVERY DAY FOR A MONTH! It's just not fun and not "legendary" at all. Especially considering what those hearts are: Clean up after Royal snobs. Play match making for Royal snobs, help an acting trope (some of who are absolute snobs), tell students, who apparently have short term memory loss, the same answers every day (mostly that you killed Zhaitan and Mordy killed himself because those are the two most common questions). Sure you can get these done fairly rapidly once you learn the tricks to them all, but the issue remains that no one wants to run these every day when they don't add to the legendary feeling at all. Again, these can be lessened by trading in Mosaics (And Cry. Ingots if you have HoT), but that's still only 13 a day (18 at most) which still leaves you at 19 days of heart grinding + mosaic turn ins, 32 days of heart grinding alone, or 50 days of trading in just Mosaics (13 days if you own HoT and farm for Cry. Ingots).

Anet: Remove these time gates or add in more ways to obtain the incense. The time gate on Funerary incense is a HUGE slap in the face to PoF owners who don't also own HoT.

Archived