Arms is actually kinda good but..

BlackTruth.6813

The 2 minor traits Deep Strikes and Bloodlust are really really bad.

In sPVP, If I were to do Arms Def Disc for example instead of Str Def Disc on core warrior, I get unblockable signet, 100% crit chance on evsicerate, 100% crit chance rampage juggle combo because of unsuspecting foe, 100% crit chance on a stunned foe (where as good luck trying to actually stunlock someone in this meta).

Strength already has reckless dodge, lower rampage cool down, higher power gain on might gain, might on crit, lol. Strength line is already much stronger overall, could at least give Arms a niche on Eviscerate/stun builds/vs. guards or any other block classes.

Deep Strikes should be precision on fury seriously Arms stopped being a condition trait line ever since Berserker came out

Bloodlust should be converted back to https://i.gyazo.com/f3595f5f8e4091b964a5964c90df6696.pngBut this time, instead of 10% more damage vs. bleeding foes, it should be 7% more damage on a for that has a condition or 10% of precision is converted into ferocity

And if that's not enough, probably lower the cool down on the signet of might proc at 50% hp to 16 seconds. Like c'mon ANET, it's already hard to make stunlock builds and fit arms into anything, a small buff would be great.

makearmsgreatagain

Bloodlust looks weak but it appears it has no ICD ... that's a big deal. I think the old way was not really inline with the flavour of condition builds either. The new way scale properly on the condition side; it's more appropriate for a condition build.

Deep strikes is weird, especially on core warrior. It fairs much better on Berserker though.

If they can separate bloodlust and deepstrikes for pvp, that would be cool. Arms condi berserker just feels like a pve build. It's like how do you make a berserker build without defense and discipline work even as condi in sPvP? You go Arms discipline zerker, you will get farmed. That's why even arms condi traits aren't that great for condi berserker because defense and disc too good to not have if you wanted a serious berserker build in pvp.

Ever since the confusion on interrupt was deleted (good riddance, no room for passive condi specs for a healthy game. And same goes for other classes), yeah condi warrior is probably dead in pvp anyways. Arms won't bring that back, but it can at least do something for stunlock/guard break builds.

Arms is a weird trait line where it doesn't really work as either a good power spec or condition spec for any competitive game mode. It can work in PvE where you are able to rely on party support and game knowledge on what encounters will be to min/max you build. Other than that you are basically stuck with defense and disciple and arms doesn't complete with the other options left for the 3rd trait line.

If you want to be condition damage you are going to want berserker. If you want power then spellbreaker or strength are better option.

Once upon a time back in HoT I had an core arms condition warrior that actually worked and was fun. A sword/sword long bow warrior. At the time signet master gave precision and critical strikes caused longer bleeds. The build would get 100% critical strike and flurry actually works as a good damage skill, the bleeds from it combined with the bleeds from the critical made it work as a skill beyond an immobilize.

Oddly enough the arms line was nerfed on Dec.11/18. Because lefts nerf something almost no one uses outside of raids. Sounds like a good plan.

Don't get me wrong tho, I'm liking the unblockable signet on the power build vs. certain match ups i.e block spammers. I'm actually stacking signet of might too whenever there's a guard on the other team. It's been working decently. ANET just needs to change the 2 minors, they're absolute garbage. Buffing those two reworking them into power/ferocity nodes, personally I'll be happy with that. Tho i'd like to see what change the majority would consider good for Arms to be viable

@BlackTruth.6813 said:ANET just needs to change the 2 minors, they're absolute garbage. Buffing those two reworking them into power/ferocity nodes, personally I'll be happy with that.

however, arms is a spec meant for condition damage, changing the minors to not have a boost for conditions would erase condition builds from warrior (almost).

If they want the spec line to be usable for power builds, then they could update the minor to have bonuses that aid both power and condition specs.

For example, deep strikes could grant increased condition duration while under the effects of fury, and that would be a better help for power builds without becoming pointless for condition ones.

Archived