New Warclaw requiring rank Gold or higher?

Edward H Angle.1407

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In order to get the warclaw mount you need to finish the hero weapon reward track and then purchase an ascended Mistforged weapon.Then take this weapon to Eternal Battle Grounds and stand at the gates of Stonemist castle when your server owns it.Now raise the sword high and yell "By the Power of Stonemist" and the mount will appear next to you.

I highly doubt it. If they are trying to find a way to monetize WvW, requiring such a high rank would not be a smart way of going about it. None of the incoming PvE players would be able to achieve this without significant long-term time investment. This is something they are going to make gemstore skins for, so they will most likely make it accessible to all for little investment. My guess is that it will be a WvW mastery just like war gliding.

@"Dilligaf Wyt.1867" said:In order to get the warclaw mount you need to finish the hero weapon reward track and then purchase an ascended Mistforged weapon.Then take this weapon to Eternal Battle Grounds and stand at the gates of Stonemist castle when your server owns it.Now raise the sword high and yell "By the Power of Stonemist" and the mount will appear next to you.

My Guard already wields the Mistforged Hero Greatsword, so I guess I'm good. Just need to re-skin his chest piece to the Scallywag armor skin and I'm G2G.

I seriously doubt they will require a specific WvW rank, or if they do, that it would be one so high. That's just the WvW elitists trying to make themselves feel important.

Keep some perspective, the LEGENDARY backpack only required a rank of 350 :p

@Ben K.6238 said:Probably just another mastery line.

I wondered that too, but I think it will be more gated behind a rank minimum like Warbringer, and the top tier WvW legendary armor is.

Might split the difference between the two, as if they made it 2K like to Legendary armor, it will create a lot of QQ among those who do not like WvW.

Also, if it is gold rank or above, some servers will definitely have more than others. And with it providing a functional game ‘advantage’ it could lead to further disparity in the servers.

@Emprer.7256 said:If that's the case, I can see it being able to be obtained at silver. Gold just excludes too many people.

@OhHellzNo.1268 said:Locking it behind rank would be stupid since mounts have a functional purpose. Leave the rank requirements to cosmetic items.

Don’t be surprised if rank is the gate.

It will be interesting to see the threads that are created by those who ‘just want the skin’

if they made it for higher that's mean we gonna have constant populated servers , that is very good , so we can 3 zerk in every map

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Keep some perspective, the LEGENDARY backpack only required a rank of 350 :p

Mistforged Armor skins require over 1500 tho

you don't need higher rank to get the non shiny leg armor in WvW

I doubt rank xyz is achievable in 1 week of bonus wvw experience. The official announcement reads as follows:

WvW Weeklong Bonus

To get you in the saddle quickly, you’ll earn double WXP when playing in WvW from February 26 to March 5.

It stands to reason that it is another track similar to how gliding required some ranks to be purchased.

Does this exclude the possibility of a minimum rank? No.

Does a minimum rank make sense from a monetization perspective? No.

We will see on tuesday.

Archived