Full counter balance

Solzero.5380

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mikeskies.1536 said:Spellbreaker only has 2 adrenaline bars... And it's not broken. People just need to get used to playing around it.

Yep. Only yesterday did I finally meet someone in wvw who actually stowed his weapon when I activated my counter. It has a really obvious animation... but I'm not surprised the second warriors have a good spec the complaints roll in like crazy.

People need to stop whining and learn to play! Full counter is perfectly fine; in the worst case scenario, full counter is a useless skill when fighting 1 vs 1 or range individuals (which is most of them). Full counter is finally the skill that warrior needed for WvW and PvP. Stop complaining because you are getting owned and learn to play!

One can make the argument that full counter is a mediocre skill on 1 vs 1 because of this:

• It activates only if you attack the warrior, and the animation is extremely obvious.
  1. If the warrior has quickness, then the skill has a cast time of 1/2 the time.

Now, what i have noticed in PvE is that the mobs have very slow attack reaction times that full counter is often missed because they simply don't hit the damn skill.Be patient and don't spam your damn skills like a zombie 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,f1,f2,f3,f4,f5.

This is a learn to play issue and not a balance issue!

I have fought many spell-breakers and I know when they will be using their full counter so I simply walk away because they cannot attack me while they are using full counter. Use your brain, learn to play, and stop whining because you are getting owned for spamming your skills like a zombie!

It is simply a new mechanic. Given to the class people got so used to jumping on right away without any repercussions. Got to admit, watching people blow themselves up against a spellbreaker in WvW is pretty funny. Like people jumping a reaver before and shouting for harsh nerfs because they lost 3vs1. Going to take some time until everyone is used to countering the Full Counter. Those who already started to adjust seem to be doing okey against it.ArenaNet will have to take another look at the spellbreaker in any case just like with any of the new specs. Simply to adjust a few things here and there. Full Counter as it is right now does indeed seem to have too many things going for it. Reminds me a little of Steal in the past when the entire fight was decided by landing or dodging the Steal with it's many traits and features.

I just hope the warrior balance cycle does not continue like it has done for years now.Throw something new and powerful at the warrior. Something nobody is used to fighting against because the warrior was joke level before. Then nerf it too harshly at around the point where people got used to fighting against the new warrior. And the circle continues.

@Eggyokeo.9705 said:

@Mikeskies.1536 said:Spellbreaker only has 2 adrenaline bars... And it's not broken. People just need to get used to playing around it.

said everybody playing an op build ever

Explain op?? is it impossible for you to not hit your opponent ,be out of range or heck even dodge it??? All three options are in your handsCan you not control yourself for 1 3/4 seconds that its need to be nerfed so you don't have to do that, then whats the point of playing skill based game when ask for nerf the moment your play-style needs to be altered

Wanna talk about broken, I've got a mesmer playing with his new mirage in my guild that can easily solo stack 55 stacks of confusion on someone without any outside help (he's working on his rotation to make it higher, most mobs are dead before he hits 30 though), and there's forum posts about eles doing over 50k dps meanwhile my full glass cannon warrior with over 75% crit chance hits a regular enemy for 500dmg multiple times in a row (REALLY trying to make D/D SB work for me before I give up on it).

You play around it, not just tunnel DPS. They have 2 charges, and there's actually a few tricks to proc it cheaply. It's a new type of mechanic that is only OP if you continue to play how you always have. All SB has going for it is PVP, I am happy with it having that niche, full counter is strong but not broken at all.

@Valik Shin.9027 said:Why is it whenever warrior is even decent in PvP people want it nerfed into the ground but mesmer can have all the most broken kitten since release and no one complains?

‘warrior is too easy’ is thown around a lot lol.

also helseths new mirage build beats spellbreaker 1v1 (actually good spellbreakers, exESL). so like, people are learning how to kill it.

@choovanski.5462 said:

@Valik Shin.9027 said:Why is it whenever warrior is even decent in PvP people want it nerfed into the ground but mesmer can have all the most broken kitten since release and no one complains?

also helseths new mirage build beats spellbreaker 1v1 (actually good spellbreakers, exESL). so like, people are learning how to kill it.

people onm the forums seem like squeeky wheels, while people I have seen ingame have been doing a good job destroying spellbreakers.

@Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:

people onm the forums seem like squeeky wheels, while people I have seen ingame have been doing a good job destroying spellbreakers.

Yes, I have had recent duels against people who pay attention to Full Counter. They just wait it out, then use their burst damage.

@BurrTheKing.8571 said:I would actually say making the daze only affect the one who triggered FC is fair. Punish the one spamming, not the rest of the team. If that's not enough a 10 second CD shouldn't hurt that much.

I have no opinion about the number of targets. However, I'd be rather displeased with an increase of the cooldown. Burst-based traits which scale with adrenaline (Adrenal Health, Cleansing Ire, Berserker's Power) have already lost quite a bit of value, as we're limited to two bars. Also, more and more players are learning how to counter Full Counter, and we'll eventually have a harder time to fully maximize the value of those traits. Increasing the CD would IMHO have bigger consequences on the viability of the specialization.

@choovanski.5462 said:

@"Valik Shin.9027" said:Why is it whenever warrior is even decent in PvP people want it nerfed into the ground but mesmer can have all the most broken kitten since release and no one complains?

I think people who say that stuff don't even try playing the class. Not saying it's super difficult or anything, but it's easy to get owned by something then scream that it's "too ez and brainless" or something.

@Elegie.3620 said:

@BurrTheKing.8571 said:I would actually say making the daze only affect the one who triggered FC is fair. Punish the one spamming, not the rest of the team. If that's not enough a 10 second CD shouldn't hurt that much.

I have no opinion about the number of targets. However, I'd be rather displeased with an increase of the cooldown. Burst-based traits which scale with adrenaline (Adrenal Health, Cleansing Ire, Berserker's Power) have already lost quite a bit of value, as we're limited to two bars. Also, more and more players are learning how to counter Full Counter, and we'll eventually have a harder time to fully maximize the value of those traits. Increasing the CD would IMHO have bigger consequences on the viability of the specialization.

I agree with you. I'm good with Burr's suggestion to limit the daze (not saying it should necessarily happen, but it's a balance point), but monkeying with the cd doesn't seem warranted at this point, imo.

@schloumou.3982 said:Whole Skill should only affect the one triggering it and unblockable attacks should ignore it. Warrior allready has to many skills where the "counterplay" is kite the warri till its over.

Unblockable attacks do currently ignore it. And Full Counter would be useless if it only hit the player triggering it. You go to Full Counter a melee hit, but a Ranger pet hits first, thereby Full Counter would only deal damage to the Ranger and Ranger entities, but the Ranger is 900 units away, i.e Full Counter did nothing.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

@schloumou.3982 said:Whole Skill should only affect the one triggering it and unblockable attacks should ignore it. Warrior allready has to many skills where the "counterplay" is kite the warri till its over.

Unblockable attacks do currently ignore it. And Full Counter would be useless if it only hit the player triggering it. You go to Full Counter a melee hit, but a Ranger pet hits first, thereby Full Counter would only deal damage to the Ranger and Ranger entities, but the Ranger is 900 units away, i.e Full Counter did nothing.

Yeah you had to actually time it. But right now in this situation you pop it, everyone around cancels his attacks and is screwed nevertheless because the pet triggers it or some field or ambient creature or what ever.

@schloumou.3982 said:

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

Yeah you had to actually time it. But right now in this situation you pop it, everyone around cancels his attacks and is screwed nevertheless because the pet triggers it or some field or ambient creature or what ever.

Screwed? You could just dodge.

Also, since your avatar suggests you might play engineer, compare the stats for Full Counter against the stats for Electro-Whirl (scrapper hammer). Though EW does more damage and has a shorter cd, I'm sure most people would say FC is better. Nevertheless, damage-wise, is someone screwed if they eat an EW? No.

The spellbreaker has some mechanics the force people to rethink some tactics for sure, but it's not as though it requires a lot of thought. I say that as someone who's only fought spellbreakers and not played as one myself. It honestly hasn't been that hard to figure out, at least, no more so than other classes.

@Choppy.4183 said:

@Elegie.3620 said:

I agree with you. I'm good with Burr's suggestion to limit the daze (not saying it should necessarily happen, but it's a balance point), but monkeying with the cd doesn't seem warranted at this point, imo.

I would only do one change at a time of i was the balance team, not both at once. All I want is to be viewed as being skillful and if that means taking some token nerfs that will only slightly affect how I play but will cause bandwagon warriors to move on I'm ok with it. Even with a 10 second CD I think the spec will be strong. I don't want to be viewed as playing a OP class, I want to be viewed as playing a strong class well. Hell I've been running with Hammer and double daggers just to avoid being called a meta battle warrior.

I wish I could just not care but I am how I am.

@BurrTheKing.8571 said:

@Choppy.4183 said:

@Elegie.3620 said:

I would only do one change at a time of i was the balance team, not both at once. All I want is to be viewed as being skillful and if that means taking some token nerfs that will only slightly affect how I play but will cause bandwagon warriors to move on I'm ok with it. Even with a 10 second CD I think the spec will be strong. I don't want to be viewed as playing a OP class, I want to be viewed as playing a strong class well. Hell I've been running with Hammer and double daggers just to avoid being called a meta battle warrior.

I wish I could just not care but I am how I am.

Yeah, I get that. Fair enough.

Archived