[NA][WvW][Yak's Bend][GOAT]: Multi gaming community seeking pliable nutrients — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[NA][WvW][Yak's Bend][GOAT]: Multi gaming community seeking pliable nutrients

Fatherbliss.4701Fatherbliss.4701 Member ✭✭✭
edited November 18, 2018 in Looking For Guild

The Mission
The mighty GOATS are here to form a community minded gaming group that sticks together over long periods of time, very low morale values and wishes to extend our love of games with you. We do play a number of titles together as a guild. Currently the main MMO for the guild is GW2. Other members enjoy Steam games, World of Warcraft, EVE Online, Warframe and are always looking ahead to the future. It is my personal goal to foster content that helps all members by supporting streamers within the guild and the games we play. Understand that while WvW is our scheduled activity for GW2 we do have allied ranks for members who want to enjoy the company of our crazy home and are not interested in PVP. We see you, hear you and want you in the guild!

How the guild operates
In many ways you will get out of this guild precisely what you are willing to put in. If you practice, understand a team based mentality, be creative to changing metas within WvW and PVP I expect a high amount of return in the form of successful raids on enemy ground. If you want a certain specific event the best way to make sure that happens is for you to lead it! I’m always open to feedback. Communication is key to any fined honed PVP environment. We are no different. Expect voice as being mandatory on WvW nights (no microphone is absolutely acceptable.)

How you fit in
We need the strange, the weary, those who are brand new and willing to learn, folks who are looking for a long term home and community. My guild isn't for everyone. We are the outcasts from society, those on the fringe edge of the village that others look to for wisdom and guidance. My GOATs are more than just guild members. I consider them part of my clan. Bonded by laughter, emblazoned with the madness that is being free to do what you do best. Scouts are very welcome, those who prioritize the Home Borderland and understand morale boosting for a team are necessary. If you place your faith in me I will do the same in return. Plus I help people refine their sins into a weapon capable of great deeds and even more loosely acceptable social mores like leather chaps.

Requirements and Information
• We use Discord as our main communication tool (Voice and Text)
• You are expected to show up for WvW raids at least once per week
• Cross server alliance members are welcome (Please be active online)
• All players welcome regardless of background, class or experience
• We have information on Builds available (not strictly enforced - we merely provide resources)
• All members should be 18+ or understand that this is a mature environment
• WvW is our main and only form of structured activity

We offer to you
• WvW raid nights 6x per week. We combine efforts with other guilds in order to provide a better experience and also to prevent burnout among our commanders
• Training on a nightly basis assuming we aren't arguing over which color commander tag to use
• Long term veteran PVP players who are willing to not be unruly jerks and yet still win fights
• Guild members who understand that we are all busy individuals and still want to enjoy having a great time together in a competitive game mode
• While I’ll accept any player into the guild on official raid nights I ask that you be willing to switch to a different class if the comp calls for it (This is for closed tag nights)
• Havoc within WvW to determine who can possibly wind up wearing the least amount of clothing while not dying (on havoc nights you can absolutely bring whatever class you like!)
• Organized chaos that leaves a sweet taste of honey and necromancy on the lips. It tends to give off a strange odor but will also numb you to the pain of balance issues

What you bring to the table
• An open mind understanding that with changes to the stats, game and meta we will need to revamp our comp from time to time. GW2 is not a grind based game (thankfully) so this isn’t as bad as other games.
• Be willing to show up to at least one WvW raid per week (Hopefully you’ll enjoy this mode so much you will never log out for fear of missing out on the sincere enjoyment).
• Knowledge of your class, skills, combo fields and understanding the powerful synergy available in this game (or at least willing to learn).
• Be active. I cannot stress this enough. You can always join the Discord if you just like us for the social aspects. I expect people in the game to be involved.
• Ridiculous amounts of humor. I take PVP and WvW seriously yet we are complete goofballs. We like to have a good time.

Alliances
GOAT is open to Alliances with darkness, delicious delectable evil and a side dish of hot sauce. We still have no idea when exactly information will come out about this system. I do take players from other servers who want to join us when/if Alliances are available. Considering we are a gaming community you can always chat in the Discord and play whatever titles we are focused on at that time.

Rules
1. Harassment of other members will not be tolerated.
2. This is an inclusive guild (I'm a family man myself and I identify as part of the LGBTQIA community.)
3. Please be active! This includes either text based chat or voice.
4. If you want something specific done in game be willing to lead it yourself.
5. Enjoy yourself.

Schedule
Friday: Open tag (with voice) for Reset
Caturday: EU Open Tag (varies this is currently set for 4-7pm EST)
Sunday: NA Closed Comp night (Generally 8pm-10pm EST)
Tuesday: NA Closed Comp night (8pm-10pm EST)
Wednesday: NA Open Tag Theme Night (8pm-10pm EST)
Thursday: NA Open Tag Guild Missions (8pm-10pm EST)

We do raid with other associate guilds multiple times per week. It is rare we are not online doing something!

Contact
In game -
Fatherbliss.4701 (Guild Master), jedimhuman.6278 (Officer), BMalk.8654 (Officer)
In Discord -
Fatherbliss#2680 (Guild Master)
WarlordFluxx#6882 (Officer)
BMalk#3832 (Officer)

Please contact myself (Fatherbliss.4701) in game for more information or join our Discord to listen in to our prophetic whispers: https://discord.gg/y7vbNSr.
Check out our web page: https://goatsofthunder.enjin.com/

<1345

Comments

• Great guild to be BLEAT in :#

• I offer only the highest quality BLEATings. Generally when asked. Sometimes at my leisure.

• I am just JUST rejoining the game after years and years and im looking for a guild let me know! i will most likely need some help but mostly looking for fun people to hang with while i play.

• @logancoe.3268 said:
    I am just JUST rejoining the game after years and years and im looking for a guild let me know! i will most likely need some help but mostly looking for fun people to hang with while i play.

Sounds good! Hit me up in game and we can chat. :) Another satisfied customer!

• We just don't want any BLEATing hearts in the guild. We want Thunder!!

• {GOAT] is looking for TC people to have fun with. We are getting organized more for WvW, as was shown last night against NSP's superior numbers. If you want to make a difference in WVW AND HAVE FUN in comms - [GOAT] is the guild for you.

• [GOAT] is focusing on WvW and on TC, so we need peeps are interested in learning and/or experienced. We are the guild which always has fun. If that is what you want - the [GOAT] is for you.

• What this town needs is anathema. Hmmm, that sounded different when I said it in my head. Oh well. Come on in! The pathos is warm and slightly sticky!

• People keep telling me to put my armor back on when I lead. To them I say fie! Fie upon your house. Who needs that six piece bonus anyway?

• Join us this week as we explore the nuances of being a pirate in an enclosed space with only enough water to support a small raft, surrounded on all sides by walls. Also, what to do with a guild leader who insists that goats are the perfect animal capable of great wisdom while climbing mountain ranges.

• The Quaggan need a specific line dance.

• YAR _ WE BE PIRATES TODAY!

If on TC - join use for your share of BOOTY.

• Even our screen shots are casual. What we are missing in the grandest sense of the mysterious is you. All beards welcome. Anyone not already equipped with a beard shall have one supplied upon entry. Generally from some lurking being in the Mists who will carry your bags.

• Great Guild has been along time since i had the kind of fun in WvW i have had in the last few weeks since joining.

• We will be helping people open up their new specs and working on the new PVE content together! Come and check us out. I'll bring the bacon and pastries.

• @Fatherbliss.4701 said:
    We will be helping people open up their new specs and working on the new PVE content together! Come and check us out. I'll bring the bacon and pastries.

No cookies?

• @Dusty Moon.4382 said:

@Fatherbliss.4701 said:
    We will be helping people open up their new specs and working on the new PVE content together! Come and check us out. I'll bring the bacon and pastries.

No cookies?

They'll just have to join and find out now won't they? (I reserve those for the veteran members. Please see me later in the atrium.)

• Fatherbliss.4701Fatherbliss.4701 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2017

Now featuring daily runs to the toilet. Mystic toilet that is. The one that swallows loot for you at an alarming rate.

• Probably the best way to get to know us is through our Discord. The problem with that is we have had to institutionalize the last three potential candidates after a heated debate about charr vs. asura.

Also, asura are the best.

• Wait what I thought we concluded that Charr where the best

• @Kisada.2316 said:
    Wait what I thought we concluded that Charr where the best

Fight to the death? In the usual location? I'll bring the crumpets!

• One time I played a build that didn't rely on condition damage. Fortunately, I realized my mistake quickly. I had logged onto an old character that hadn't been updated yet! Now that I've come to accept Condisius as our savior, my life has been so much improved. Won't you join us so that we may show you the way?

• I've renamed my Scourge Mr. Clean due to how well he strips everything around him. But I still have awesome hair.

edited September 30, 2017

Holy kitten PEOPLE. Tonight we are leading the charge on EBG. I don't know about you but that gets me all itchy inside and makes me want to eat spaghetti. I hate eating alone. You know what that means. JOIN. Even if you just ridicule us in Discord. It is there we hold our secret ceremonies daily.

• Seeking the best and brightest who can then be used as a funnel for enemy tears to directly, discreetly, formally bring the liquid gold cash to your doorstep. Just don't tell the manufacturers of the Choya hammer that it is without a doubt the best tool ever. They'll get all uppity and no one wants that.

• One of the best aspects in the game is understanding whomever has the best hairstyle clearly wins in any duel situation. I often console myself with this thought as I'm running back from spawn.

• We are hereby applying a Minimum Flexibility Threshold to the guild. It will all make sense later, trust me.

• I don't know about you but I plan on celebrating National Taco day with my friends tonight. That could include you. Or you could wisely stay away because our methane production labs are going FULL STEAM.

• Firebrand is interesting other than the fact I now have this Choya following me around with marshmellows. I have no earthly clue why.

• Cats. Cats are nice. They often roam in my home instance.

• GOAT can also be - Greatest Of All Time . Yes that is us, be with jokes, puns, or bad memes. We do it all.

Also, we have the new GH introduced with PoF, Windswept Halls - it is a very impressive GH.

Join us!!!

• Currently accepting all classes for WvW play. Emphasis on Scourges/Firebrands/Spell breakers. Guild builds preferred but not mandatory.

Also looking for 1 or 2 more dedicated mesmers. Our current main Mesmer is stretched thin from work and school. Message Goatmander for specific info if interested.

• Tune in this week as we discuss important topics such as: Gobots vs. Transformers, which should have been made into a live action film?

• We've recently replaced all guardians with a potted shrubbery named Ed. So far the enemy doesn't seem to have noticed. Tune in next week for the final conclusion where we'll examine how condition skills can be applied to your thighs in order to reduce weight gain.

• We dress up in all pink and run around killing people. Sometimes they even give prizes for it. This guild might be better than burritos.

• I know these people. Dangerous and exciting, bearded and fierce, and baconey.

F L Ö Guild Leader/Commander Valkyrja Söngur [ODIN], a Tarnished Coast Server Admin, TC Council

F L Ö, Guild Leader/Commander Valkyrja Söngur [ODIN] a server admin Tarnished Coast
    How awful it is to be without, as blood-red rack races overhead; is the welkin gory with warriors' blood as we Valkyries war-songs chanted 

• We have an overabundance of chocolate that is often liberally applied to...I mean hello there! One of my favorite activities is finding new ways to combine old classes together, forming large robots that emit soundwaves capable of altering brain chemistry. Join today to find out these gaming secrets!

• Interesting. I've been waiting for a long time to be able to transfer to Tarnished Coast and have been looking around for a good guild to join up with as I'm way out of practice after picking the game back up. As long as you don't mind a casual player with not as much free time to play, this sounds up my alley. I'm sort of worried about my relative skill after being away for so long, though.

edited October 12, 2017

@Mouse.3271 said:
    Interesting. I've been waiting for a long time to be able to transfer to Tarnished Coast and have been looking around for a good guild to join up with as I'm way out of practice after picking the game back up. As long as you don't mind a casual player with not as much free time to play, this sounds up my alley. I'm sort of worried about my relative skill after being away for so long, though.

Howdy Mouse! Absolutely. I have a number of players who attend events when they can and touch base through Discord or guild chat to be social. My two main officers stepped back in earlier this year after being away for three years. I would actually say predominantly the people in my guild are either brand new or returning players. We often joke that this is where guild leaders go to retire. I believe I'm up to 8 souls who used to lead big guilds on the server back in the day. :) Come along and check us out! TC has changed quite a bit and yet it is still the server I love to call home.

edited October 13, 2017

Now serving number 49. Please see our executive chef in the back by the wind chipper.

<1345
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.