St. Patrick's day (a nod to gw1)

Ayakaru.6583

Just a suggestion, we had in gw1 a festival to 'luck' centering around st.patrick's day (not accurately, but in inspiration)

I think it's a great nod to bring back to gw2, with the necessary tweaks, of course.My idea was:+30% magic find overal, + an additional 10% for every year your acount is old ( a boon for everyone, and a nod to the veteran playerbase).

• many drops from creatures, regardless of level, various foods and drinks that give minor 'fun' enhancements.
  • rainbow events, will you find the end of the rainbow with the pot of gold?
  • double Lucky Clover drop rates.
  • Have the event run for 1 week, the same week that holds the day: March 17th

(now, hold your non-existent, beaten-to-death horses before you rant about the last one, double Lucky Clover drop rate will incentivize people to craft them loads in this period, giving the Mystic Coin value a boost. Keeps the econemy rolling, you know)

what does the public think?I do realize the Lunar Festival has some luck-based boons as well,so I can understand some reluctancy, but I personally don't see the harm in it, and it's fun, so, why not?

OK... well... magic find bonus during the event - fine (follows idea of lunar new year), bonus per age - not a fan even though i would get the highest bonus.enhancements dropping from monsters that give silly temporary effects - cool (hearts, stars horseshoes etc you can fill in the rest lol)rainbow events - would be really cool if this were an instanced jumping puzzle or racing track (rainbow road anyone?)clover drop rate increase - this is the part im not real keen on as im always needing coins for crafting. however, if mystic coins and mystic clovers were uncommon and rare drops from event related bags, i think it could balance out.

other loot could be a shamrock green irish hat, and clover themed weapon skins if they wanted to go all in.

As a nod to nostalgia? Sure. As an actual event in GW2 that adds to the game? I'd rather see something else in a different part of the year. For starters, lots of veterans (although not all) already have plenty of luck... and we just finished an event that gave out a lot, plus bonuses to MF. So another luck-themed festival feels redundant.

Plus we go through other periods of the year without much in the way of "tide you over" content. Currently, the game has an annual in February (LNY), March (SAB), July (Four Winds), October (Halloween), and December (Wintersday). There is a 3-month gap (April-June) and a couple of 2-month gaps; that's where I'd like to see something new.

Lucky weekend (GW1 wiki article)

Trinkets from a Distant Land (from The Scribe)

! A mysterious celebration from a far-off realm will influence our fine lands this weekend. Featuring iconic representations of strange quad-leafed plants, this holiday is unlike anything I have seen before. While I am uncertain what the holiday commemorates, it is clear the underlying themes are the color green and the zealous consumption of alcoholic beverages. Actually, many who celebrate this holiday in that distant land may not even know what they are celebrating, but that does not seem to stop them from having a good time!!! Perhaps stranger than the foliage-tinged festival itself was the source of my information. A man no taller than a dwarf, with hair as orange as an Ascalonian sunset and clothing greener than the Maguuma jungle [sic] approached me and said to expect a "bit o' fun" this weekend. He told me there is a strange force of magic at work which may produce unusual outcomes this weekend, and if an adventurer slays the enemies of Tyria, Cantha, or Elona, there is a chance the victor will be rewarded with a mysterious item from that miniscule messenger's homeland.!
! When I asked about the nature of the items, my small friend merely winked and spoke of intoxicating pints of Shamrock Ale and unusual objects called "Four-Leaf Clovers," which he proclaimed would offer great benefits to an adventuring party, and perhaps even give those who use one an extra bit o' luck! In all honesty, I am not altogether certain the little man hadn't had a few pints already.!
! And with that, the tiny traveler vanished, leaving me with etchings of the strange items he had mentioned. I have added these images within this scroll, so you may all decide for yourselves the veracity of his statements. Perhaps you might even be lucky enough to find some at this week's end.

GW1 Logon Screen & Official Announcement

! Starting at Noon Pacific (-7 GMT) on March 14th, Shamrock Ale and Four-Leaf CLovers [sic] start dropping throughout Tyria. Be sure to gather all the green you can before Lucky Treats Week ends at Noon Pacific, March 21st. Go fast, adventurers, and may the wind be always at your back!! Shamrock Ale and Four-Leaf Clovers will be dropping throughout Tyria! Go fast, adventurers, and gather all the green you can before this special week ends!

• Shamrock Ale: basically just alcohol, with cool effects. In GW1, it's worth 1 point towards the Drunkard title.
  • Four-Leaf Clover: "Double-click to remove a random amount of DP (5%-15%) from your entire party. If 15% DP is removed, you gain 4 points towards the Lucky title track."

Archived