Free Camera not working on mounts

Raine.1394

In all games I play I always set camera to "use free camera" or whatever is the equivalent. It is disconcerting to have my view snapped back and forth when I rotate my camera. This doesn't work on mounts in GW2. It does work on mounts in other games I play. I would like mounts to work exactly like everything else with respect to free camera.

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm, free camera does not work on mounts.Always snaps back behind the Charakter when looking around and letting go of the left mouse button. Very annoying when you try to tag something behind you while autorunning.

Is this intended or a bug?

Also, the "mount: enable camera roll" option doesnt work. It changes nothing as far as i can tell.greetings

• 1 year later...

The camera auto-rotate while mounted is extremely annoying. It should either respect the "Free Camera" setting, or a separate "Free Camera Mounted" setting should be added for those you want to disable one or the other, or both. The free camera setting is always one of the first settings I change in any game I play. I personally never want the game thinking it knows better than I do and moving the camera without my consent.

ANet, please make this change! If you read the forums at all then you know players have been complaining about this for many years!

@Alvarri.7049 said:If you read the forums at all then you know players have been complaining about this for many years!

Since 2017 indeed; that is, since mounts were introduced.

If ANet decided to remove free camera on mounts, why not simply disable camera rotation instead of making it look as if it works until it suddenly doesn't? I cannot find any explanation for this.

• 1 year later...