Best Zerg DPS

Prophet.1584

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Edward H Angle.1407 said:A well played soulbeast or daredevil is actually the best DPS by far in a zerg. They also provide plenty of group support with stance share and venom share. My guild routines runs these 2 classes in our comps and we steamroll any group easily.

Soulbeast? Plz tell me something about it cuz I'm rly not sure if ur trolling or I missed something.BTW thief has good dps, but it's hard to play, 1 bad move and ull die from random aoe.As mentioned revs and eles has highest dps, but rev is much safer, and gives some more to the squad.

@Safandula.8723 said:

@Edward H Angle.1407 said:A well played soulbeast or daredevil is actually the best DPS by far in a zerg. They also provide plenty of group support with stance share and venom share. My guild routines runs these 2 classes in our comps and we steamroll any group easily.

Soulbeast? Plz tell me something about it cuz I'm rly not sure if ur trolling or I missed something.BTW thief has good dps, but it's hard to play, 1 bad move and ull die from random aoe.As mentioned revs and eles has highest dps, but rev is much safer, and gives some more to the squad.

Yes soulbeast bro. Soulbeast was released in 2017 along with POF. It is one of the strongest, highest damage specs along with ele, dead eye, and mirage. You are about 2 years late here.

Its like the average WvW player is perpetually 3-4 years behind the learning curve lmao. Rev has highest DPS? Bro 2015 was 4 years ago. Please catch up dude.

@Safandula.8723 said:

Absolutely man, have you ever had a well played SB in your zerg? They easily out DPS any rev. One with the wolf pack is so powerful.

And you are right that thief has good DPS and when you have an elite player such as myself, you never die on a thief, certainly not from random AOEs.

Sigh, must be noob players here giving replies to play rangers. You know its really easy to counter your pew pews with reflection walls and any decent zerg will simply soak in your damage via barriers. Theres so many counters zergs have against rangers and if youd fight a proper zerg then you wouldnt recommend ranger in a million years.If you want good damage in zergs then you aim to pick the classes that have the most ranged AOE damage that cant be simply countered via simple mechanics such as reflections.So far the top spot for power damage is taken by weaver and 2nd is revenant. The 2 classes whose main skills are hard to counter aside stepping away, dodging or simply not going nearby.

A bunny thief with a staff can be a choice but for that to happen you have to go melee which is very hard in this ranged meta (plus youre heavily dependant on your own zerg), meaning youre far more better off playing ranged classes if you aim to get the most DPS.

@JayAction.9056 said:

Yes soulbeast bro. Soulbeast was released in 2017 along with POF. It is one of the strongest, highest damage specs along with ele, dead eye, and mirage. You are about 2 years late here.

Its like the average WvW player is perpetually 3-4 years behind the learning curve lmao. Rev has highest DPS? Bro 2015 was 4 years ago. Please catch up dude.

do u realise wer talking about zerg dps? ik what skillful rapid fire sb can do, but it has single target dps. thats why i wonder which weapon set is he talking about. catch up with reading, if u want to reply to something

What weapon set do u mean? just plz dont say longbow + gr8sword

oh ur a troll from another thread, nvm.to op: ele has higher dps, than rev, but i feel like on avarage, revs do equal dmg to eles. as mentioned above, rangers in zerg has no place due to single target dps, and daredevils has good bombs, but in current meta its rly hard to pull them off: 1 single mistake and ur dead - no passive sustain.
if u want to compare ele with rev, i would pick rev, cuz its much safer, and gives more squad support

@Safandula.8723 said:

U seem to not know what soulbeast is able to do. It's underrated by a lot of players.Also the ability of 1500 range makes it reset way easier than any other class, if you look at arc-dps.

I think I only saw a soulbeast once in DPS meter not reset, after the fight 400k dmgSecond place was at 220k

@Nimon.7840 said:

U seem to not know what soulbeast is able to do. It's underrated by a lot of players.Also the ability of 1500 range makes it reset way easier than any other class, if you look at arc-dps.

I think I only saw a soulbeast once in DPS meter not reset, after the fight 400k dmgSecond place was at 220k

People underrate their support while dpsing in small grps also.

@Safandula.8723 said:

do u realise wer talking about zerg dps? ik what skillful rapid fire sb can do, but it has single target dps. thats why i wonder which weapon set is he talking about. catch up with reading, if u want to reply to something

Dunning Kruger

Lmfao you’re so clueless you don’t even realize how clueless you are.

@JayAction.9056 said:

Dunning Kruger

Lmfao you’re so clueless you don’t even realize how clueless you are.

don't bother with that guy, he is clearly trolling

They are different kind of damage dealers, their output depends on the situation. I won't try to give an exhaustive explanation (it's far more to it that can be said in a tweet though), just as example:

1. Scourge, Pros: is the best AoE damage close range, in the thick of the zerg, IF properly supported (stab, protection & lots of heals from firebrand) and buffed (fury & might from revs and others). Has a huge burst that can be easily unloaded, and at the same times gives barriers, strips lots of enemy buffs and more. Cons: Almost useless if the team don't push in, useless without very good Firebrand support vs. good teams.
  2. Herald Rev: good both up close and long range -- but the "obstructed" bug or "feature" makes it very frustrating, though can produce lots of downeds instantly if it's a focused fire (multiple DPS hitting same spot) and doesn't get obstructed. Has short bursts, but less AoE focused, so has to be timed properly.
  3. Weaver (full glass and DPS focused staff builds), Pros: can hit easily from any angle, can hit most targets at once, and if played well stays constantly far above any other DPS in damage output. Cons: most fragile class and build, requires very high effort and perfect timing, have to be highly experienced player to get into proper position -- completely useless otherwise.

I play all these 3 and more, and is never about the class & build alone, but the player as well. Even if the class and build is exactly the same, some players will perform way above others in a certain role, class & build, and the underperformers would give far more and have far more fun on another class. You have to be yourself, and fill the roles that fit your temperament and mood, in the given situation on the field. None of these classes will shine otherwise.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:Weaver, then staff DD, then hammer rev, then scourge

if you think staff DD can be any good as a DPS class on a zerg you are just self censored, but then again you are in KRTA, never fought any propper group because you waypointed/swapped maps sooooo... Answering the OP rev is by far the best most consistent DPS class in WvW followed by scourge, Weaver is only good is you land a sick meteor or 2 on top of a bunch of people who down and then u get the downcleave, so pretty hit or miss depending on how quick/mobile the fights are, for consistent DPS Herald is by far the best option atm.

Depends on the fights TBH.

Weaver excels at fighting map queues, especially disorganized ones. Still sits near the top against most groups >15, but it becomes more and more about down cleave as the enemy shrinks in size.Heralds have a sizeable variance depending on build and legends, which can vary from almost competing with weavers to sitting around scourges. They are effective against just about any size group though.Scourges are catalysts that make the other two work better. They have decent damage on their own, but there is variance based on how close to melee you can get with the other group. (You don't really want to get into melee with the other group).

Oddballs.Spellbreakers can sit with heralds against unorganized mapqueues (provided your group is large enough to sustain train vs them).Daredevils can beat weavers, but they drop in usefulness drastically the moment the enemy gets larger than ~20.I've seen holos and scrappers compete with scourges. But they are generally way harder skill cap to achieve a similar result (and don't boon strip).

Firebrand, Scourge and Rev are the go-to classes for a reason and that reason is great damage with exceptional support. Ele and its variants are for PPT since guild groups find the rooting of staff on ele to be an issue.

The wrongness of this cannot be overstated. AoE classes have a ridiculously higher DPS because they are applying shots over 5 or more targets at a time. A Scouge in a zerg will out damage a glassy thief by an order of magnitude. Single target DPS is mostly pointless in an AoE fight. As for group support, both are laughable which is why medium armor classes are generally not welcome in organized guild groups.

@Straegen.2938 said:Firebrand, Scourge and Rev are the go-to classes for a reason and that reason is great damage with exceptional support. Ele and its variants are for PPT since guild groups find the rooting of staff on ele to be an issue.

The wrongness of this cannot be overstated. AoE classes have a ridiculously higher DPS because they are applying shots over 5 or more targets at a time. A Scouge in a zerg will out damage a glassy thief by an order of magnitude. Single target DPS is mostly pointless in an AoE fight. As for group support, both are laughable which is why medium armor classes are generally not welcome in organized guild groups.

So in your opinion which class has the upper hand, a well played scourge or rev?

@Prophet.1584 said:

@Straegen.2938 said:Firebrand, Scourge and Rev are the go-to classes for a reason and that reason is great damage with exceptional support. Ele and its variants are for PPT since guild groups find the rooting of staff on ele to be an issue.

So in your opinion which class has the upper hand, a well played scourge or rev?

Rev has higher DPS for sure, but even if scourge had half of rev dps, it would be still needed becouse of boon corrupt.Current meta is forced by firebrands that apply almost all possible boons. It forces scourges to boonrip most important ones like stab or prot, so the revs or other dpses can kitten enemies up.

Archived