What to make next - 2 boosts, but already leveled every class

Kichwas.7152

I've been here since beta, so I've had way more than enough time to level and get a good deal of play out of every class...

And now I'm sitting on 2 level 80 boosts from path of fire and... not sure where the other one came from, but I think a lot of people have 2 of them like me...

I've already leveled everything, and I've got at least 1 of ever race...Charr warriorSylvarri EngineerAsura NecromancerAsura RevenantNorn ThiefNorn MesmerHuman GuardianHuman RangerHuman Elementalist

So I guess... what two classes have specs / weapon swaps that are so radically different from other choices yet also still pretty strong in play?

Or... what 'wardrobe' looks really good that I can't yet put together (like... I have no Char in medium or light for example)?

Either way... I want to get rid of these boosts... I wish they weren't account bound. I want to find some combo that is interesting and not yet 'done' for me... So I'll be repeating some classes... and then changing both characters on that class to be as different from each other as possible...

Any suggestions?

What have other people with a full cast of characters done with their boosts?

Well I just made a rifle engi with my lvl 80 booster because I already had a character for each profession but none of them used rifles, maybe you could try approaching this the same way. Any weapons you haven't tried? Any specs catch your eye but you passed on because the character you have for that profession is already using a different spec? Maybe you could try a condi build if you mostly run power?

I'm now thinking mesmer and ranger for the two boosts.

The Chronomancer AND the Mirage both sound fun - so I can split two mesmers that way.

My ranger was all kitted out for Druid, in Ascended gear - so that's account bound. So either ranger can keep that, and the other can go DPS maybe with the new spec there which I've been enjoying soloing on a full set of 'healing bonus' gear (ie: on the wrong gear...). Looks like my old gear before HoT is still sitting on my inventory, but is not so ideal either. So I have excuses to re-tool the rangers.

I used one bonus last night for a mesmer... I'm going to make the ranger a Charr, and the only meidum armor for a charr with no butt flap is either the cultural gear or from doing a reward line in WvWvW... so I'm going to make that character AFTER I do the trait line so I don't have to stare at any butt-flaps...

(This now means I oddly have 1 of my favorite race, charr, out of 10 toons... and just made a second of the race I claim to dislike... sylvarri... but at least I got a sylvarri that I like the look of).

Got to save up 800 gems to get another character slot first too... that or buy the 'upgrade kit' that includes it for even more gems...

Sounds like a good plan mate ;-)

I also every class at least once - all with full ascended gear except 2nd ele.

Mesmer: zerker/commander chrono tankWarrior: condi berserkerGuard 1: condi firebrandGuard 2: zerker dragonhunterRanger 1: condi soulbeastRanger 2: zerker soulbeast > need to change to heal druidRevenant: condi renegadeEle 1: zerker tempest/weaverEle 2: no gear yet > need to craft condiEngi: zerker holosmithThief: zerker daredevilNecro: zerker reaper > need to change to condi scourge

@Kichwas.7152 said:The grind to get even a single piece of Ascended gear for a single character seems amazingly long and repetitive to me... I can't imagine having a full set for even 1 character, let alone 11 of them.

I find it isn't as much of a grind if you get the different pieces through different means. Craft some, complete achievements for others, get a few drops in fractals/raids, and so on. The game now offers a large variety of ways to gear up. It can be a bit of a process, but I suggest you break it into smaller, more manageable goals.

Once I hit 9 characters I had this same decision to make. I decided that a second Ranger would be a good choice, since Druid and Soulbeast can be played quite differently depending on your end game goal. My Druid (Norn) is in Minstrel's gear and I play a heavy support spec in WvW. My Soulbeast (Human) is in Viper's and I play a condi/dps spec for PvE. They are both quite different, almost like a completely different profession from one another. I'm also considering making a second Guardian to have a Firebrand (Human) condi dps for PvE, and a DH/trapper (Asura) dps build for WvW.

I've now burned that second boost on a second ranger.

Even though my old ranger was a Druid, I switched the new one to Druid. Thankfully the one character that had any Ascended gear was my Druid... and that is all account bound... But I did lose all of my Zealot healing gear, and had to 'downgrade' to Clerics and something else (can't check at the moment). I have more healing but less ability to solo now... but that's fine as I have two rangers... One to pull out for things that need a healer, and one to solo with.

Here we go:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNIQJAWRn0rCFsi1sCmsCEtilEB7JAksmZwX1t6X150dsmangqqfA-jREBQBDUNgUoB5oKB1y+DpSFCxo8wBmgegJGAcIBCiqLd4AEoCNFDSHw+uAARRJWAOSAX4BAEA4AgpDAA-e

As you can see I still have a soldiers piece or two from the boost. Ran myself down to 17g left getting this set up...The Berserker's harpoon was just a random drop that I decided to equip there...

But that makes for 2 boosts used.

I think the easiest argument to make is two rangers - since Druid is so radically different from everything else in Guild Wars 2.

The second boost... comes down to things for flavor. I went with two Mesmers... but if I were doing it again I'm not sure I would do that. What else other than ranger has two radically different specs, where either both are meta, or the meta one is not good for most content (like Druid - which is very hard to solo with if you actually make yourself into a solid healer or tank or healer/tank).

While Druid isn't the only healer spec in the game now, it seems to be the only one that is 'meta'...

http://68.media.tumblr.com/471787881ac1808148a57a6dcfdd4f36/tumblr_oxmg42emTQ1uy6q2bo1_1280.jpghttp://68.media.tumblr.com/471787881ac1808148a57a6dcfdd4f36/tumblr_oxmg42emTQ1uy6q2bo1_1280.jpg

I'd do thief, but I'm probably a bad person to ask. Any class that can make use of both trailblazer and zerker (ranger, mesmer) or that you can use both for roaming and zerging in WvW with drastically different specs (guardian maybe) would be good choices.

I have four thieves, sylvari charr human and norn (planning asura next), all on different builds. My non thief chars have a very low life expectancy before I get bored and delete them; I've deleted two warriors, four rangers, three engineers, one mesmer, one necro and one thief at lv80, I plan to delete my current rev and these are just the ones I remember offhand haha

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this myself, as I have my 9 professions, and one empty char slot and one boost from PoF.

The two toons currently possessing entire 2nd sets of gear are my ranger (viper and magi) and my guardian (zerk-pve and celestial-wvw). The celestial guardian sees more use than the magi druid, because my main group content is fractals and the magi set is only exotic.

I'm actually tabling the decision until I've used the slot for a more urgent purpose: key runs for composting my stacks of otherwise utterly worthless Tomes of Knowledge. After I've reduced my tomes, and perhaps after I've got both secondary sets ascended, I'll have a harder think about who I want to double up.

Archived