Anet Help Plz On Questionable Forum Post... Why I'm Now Afraid To Give Detailed/Helpful Replies.

Whiteout.1975

This is NOT my original post. Just one I briefly took part in. ONE mildly lengthy, very detailed reply. With a relevant link to the conversation... Coming from your's truly. Being Respectful, but Firm in my stance, to start. I even listed something along the lines of "to offer a healthy discussion" at that very beginning of that reply.

Here's the Link: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69114/wvw-needs-normalized-stats-change-my-mind#latest

The Title of the post is in the Link of coarse. However I/majority of anyone will get "Permission Problem" upon clicking it now. And this just happened today. This is I believe the second time I've been apart of something like this. Where I would get that completely hidden page. As opposed to just a closed from further comments.

Now I don't care that it was closed or why it was... But I know it wasn't involving be anyways because I never got a warning. So that's not the pertaining issue I have at all here.

Instead, the issue I have... Is that I cannot view it, specifically, my piece on it. So why does that not sit too well with me? Well, because Now... Since I cannot refer back to it. I cannot see any past word play or examples that I may have used. For any future discussions to which it may be helpful to others. "2" People, at least, found it helpful that read it; on the second page. I know that's not much, but I was happy to at least get somewhere for my efforts. And this particular issue, was an issue I actually really cared about to be honest.

So @Anet respectfully, what can be done so my strong efforts in trying to actually be helpful... Does Not Feel Invalidated and therefore appear as a Wasted Effort?Due to not being able to refer back to what is/once helpful information. Thus, leaving me feel like I may be wasting my time again; in another post/reply. To which, I am also trying to be helpful in. Only to pay a price as well. Simply because perhaps, what may be children, don't know how to act. At any given moment...

Lastly @Anet, is there any possible way for me to view my work (reply) to that which is otherwise lost on my end?

Thank You

P.S. I know this general feeling is nothing new here. Though, I still wanted to try to understand what could be done about it. And maybe help anyone else in a similar boat by bringing it up. Despite me still feeling this way here and now. Just to say I tried. And what better time than with and actual recent example.

@getalifeturd.8139 said:Just copy/paste every post you make into a word document. I personally call mine trolling because that's all I've become on these forums where everything I post is deleted.

Yea normally I would do that for the post I would make. What sucks is at any moment it can been deemed inappropriate by Anet. And then Poof all your constructive/helpful work seems lost forever and it not even be your fault. Which is the bigger issue I have. Makes me feel like why bother really...

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:Yeah, get used to this buddy. If they don't want to see the conversation, they kill it. For what it's worth, I agree with the guy there and even commented on that thread I think. But they don't want any conversations that might have heated debate, because that doesn't fit the 'best community ever" narrative.

Yea this is annoying... So basically someone or however many can purposely act like a child. If they all wanted. In hopes to get a forum post deleted from existence. Simply because they never wanna try to agree with it. And they win because Anet falls for it. And then there's the of coarse genuinely acting like a child... Which still favors them regardless.

Near as I can tell, ANet closes a thread when the conversation isn't progressing (e.g. it turns into "your mom wears combat boots" versus "no, your mom wears prada"). They hide a thread when it's not progressing and moderation is taking up a lot of time (because too many people are crossing the line). In both those cases, the Vanilla system doesn't have any way to make it easy for the mods to notify us or explain their actions.

So the advice above (copy to text/.doc file) is sensible, if you want to preserve any of your more pithy comments... and especially if you initiate a thread.(You could save the comment in the forum itself, by start a thread and saving it as a draft, then never posting. It will remain in your drafts indefinitely.)

In contrast, if your own single post is the issue (and it's not the thread or the interactions among the posters), then there's always a system message. That will include your entire post (including quotes) and an explanation of sorts. (Sometimes, though, it's copypasta and not 100% relevant to the circumstances.)

tl;dr it's not unusual or that surprising, even if it is annoying.

Archived