Places of power aren't working for me

GW Noob.6038

I'm trying to craft a Machined Pistol but I can't create a charged barrel at any of the places of power...any ideas why this is screwed up?

Edit: I got it...thanks, guy's!Edit #2: If you have multiple oiled components in your inventory they will all be charged at the same time. Furthermore, I was awarded with the Machined items (pistol, greatsword, dagger, and axe) after the charging...no need to craft anything. :)

Make sure you are using ones in HoT. Also make sure to be using an EDIT: Oiled Orichalcum Pistol Barrel (edited from formerly incorrect Oiled Orichalcum Rifle Barrel, ty Tanner Blackfearther for catching that). The Nightthistle Blossom Hero Point (NW of the VB entrance, bottom layer) should work for this.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Make sure you are using ones in HoT. Also make sure to be using an Oiled Orichalcum Rifle Barrel. The Nightthistle Blossom Hero Point (NW of the VB entrance, bottom layer) should work for this.

For the pistol, isn't it the pistol barrel that's needed? Also, isn't that a HP that spawns foes rather than a commune, or am I mixing things up?

@GW Noob.6038 Common problems:

• Wrong component - double check.
  • Having Quartz Crystals in inventory, it'll try to charge those instead.
  • Trying to use a MP commune point, rather than a Hero Challenge commune point.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Make sure you are using ones in HoT. Also make sure to be using an
Oiled Orichalcum Rifle Barrel
. The Nightthistle Blossom Hero Point (NW of the VB entrance, bottom layer) should work for this.

For the pistol, isn't it the
pistol
barrel that's needed?

@"GW Noob.6038" Common problems:
  • Wrong component - double check.
  • Having Quartz Crystals in inventory, it'll try to charge those instead.
  • Using a MP commune point, rather than a Hero Challenge commune point.

Ah could be, I was simply going by what item was mentioned (and just double checking on barrel items and any requirements such as having to be in HoT). Yes, the machined pistol does require the: Oiled Orichalcum Pistol Barrel https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Oiled_Orichalcum_Pistol_Barrel

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Machined_Pistol_(achievement)

@GW Noob.6038 said:Edit #2: If you have multiple oiled components in you inventory they will all be charged at the same time. Furthermore, I was awarded with the Machined items (pistol, greatsword, dagger, and axe) after the charging...no need to craft anything. :)

Yeah, there's actually no crafting required at all for these collections, as the component can be bought on the TP!

Neat to know that they all charge at the same time! I did not expect that!

Archived