Warclaw Farmer Training & Friendly Commanders

Gulbasaur.1865

PvE commander and occasional WvW player here.

I propose, as we are all anticipating an influx of PvE players over the next couple of weeks trying WvW, sometimes for the first time, that we assign a colour tag for PvE-friendly commanders who are happy to accept, coach and lead newbies for a couple of weeks.

They should also list their squads in the LFG, which is standard practice in PvE and where PvE players will look first, to prevent people aimlessly wandering. Writing "Warclaw WvW squad for newbies" will do the job just fine.

Map and team chat telling people to go for a specific commander tag will also help mop up newbies and keep them out of squads that require more coordination and experience.

I suggest pink tags for commanders willing to take on sous chef role-players, heal thiefs, randomly geared bearbow rangers and all of the other wonderful off-meta builds with a view to showing them the basics, train them and lead them through simple tasks that raise participation and welcome them, whether they stay or not. If pink absolutely doesn't work, please suggest another.

If you don't want to, or you're in peak zerg time and have better things to do, that's cool. Use another tag and don't advertise to newbies.

When the excitement has cooled off, everyone can go back to normal, but a bit of initiative for a week or two would likely give people a positive experience so they're likely to stay and develop as WvW players and also act as damage control for people who don't want to team up with filthy PvE casuals like me.

This is a good chance to help the WvW and PvE communities work together for the benefit of both (drumming up interest in WvW and supporting PvE mount-hunters and keeping them out of squads that don't want them).

Tldr: if you are okay with PvE mount hunter training, please use pink tags, LFG and /map and /team chat to mop up PvE players. If not, don't.

Thats a pretty good idea actually. It might help with getting some people to stay if they see how potentially friendly wvw can be....I do say potentially since I do know some aren't as friendly. With this warclaw mount I think we should take advantage of it to increase our wvw numbers!

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Many years ago, one of the commanders on an opposing server used to run the LFG tag, if it still displays above the head, you and your merry rag tag squad are just asking to be blobbed by fight guilds. Otherwise, it's a good idea.

Depending on how the Warclaw is unlocked, that might not even be a problem... but definitely worth knowing about. Thanks!

@Kaiser.9873 said:Hmmmm, how long before a guild group hunts that group til it rage quits?

I, as commander, will encourage open roleplay in map chat until that guild rage quits. We have our ways.

Yeah, it's a possibility but also this is an opportunity to increase WvW numbers and then hopefully get some more content, balance and attention.

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:

@Kaiser.9873 said:Hmmmm, how long before a guild group hunts that group til it rage quits?

I, as commander, will encourage open roleplay in map chat until that guild rage quits. We have our ways.

Yeah, it's a possibility but also this is an opportunity to increase WvW numbers and then hopefully get some more content, balance and attention.

:O

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:

@"Kaiser.9873" said:Hmmmm, how long before a guild group hunts that group til it rage quits?

Hey, I hope that most of those PvE players eventually become WvW veterans, but I kinda think the VAST majority will only stay til they get the mount then, "adios suckas."

I saw a guild last night with oh maybe 10 guildies running in a small group and you could tell most of the players were new to wvw. I thought that was pretty cool. So even if guild members themselves that are wvwers took their own guildies out to teach those that wanted to learn.....I mean sure, some are going to get the mount and go but some might stay. I was with someone new last night and she was quite surprised over it all and had a lot of fun. So, she might just stick around.

I think you should arrange the color tag with the regular players on your server. There's already commanders that use pink tags (I personally often use the magenta catmander tag because my guild likes it). It would show you are willing to work with people who play WvW way more than you.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:i think you would be better of mixing with a wvw commander and running with them.if just a pve group running seperate then some guild group might farm you guys for hours.

That's exactly what I'm asking for... Experienced commanders to be open to training newbies. If people are okay with training people up and being aware that they need to explain how things work at times, everything will work better.

@"StrawHat.2639" said:Steps ahead of you there , I offered my help to players in the players helping players forums but anyways.And yeah, I ran the tag color I want! I don't compromise unless another tag.

That's cool of you.

If your only problem is that you have an issue with pink... That's fine, as I said in the post.

I just wanted a way for more experienced people to play the way they want and newbies to be able to find a commander who is okay with showing them what to do. It's just about being clear.

However, the reaction here and on Reddit has been 20% "that's sensible" and "80% I will dance on your corpse, you filthy snowflake.

Given the number of people who have complained about PvE players coming into WvW, I thought having being organised about it to minimise disruption would be good, but alas.

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:

@"StrawHat.2639" said:Steps ahead of you there , I offered my help to players in the players helping players forums but anyways.And yeah, I ran the tag color I want! I don't compromise unless another tag.

That's cool of you.

If your only problem is that you have an issue with pink... That's fine, as I said in the post.

I just wanted a way for more experienced people to play the way they want and newbies to be able to find a commander who is okay with showing them what to do. It's just about being clear.

However, the reaction here and on Reddit has been 20% "that's sensible" and "80% I will dance on your corpse, you filthy snowflake.

Given the number of people who have complained about PvE players coming into WvW, I thought having being organised about it to minimise disruption would be good, but alas.

Am gonna do both mate, lead new people hopefully goes well and farm new people the other day with guildies...so does that make me 50% sensible and 50% ill dance on your corpse?

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:

That's cool of you.

The map can only host so many players, tho. If enemy starts to perma farm this pve comm, expect things to start going south reeeeally fast.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:The map can only host so many players, tho. If enemy starts to perma farm this pve comm, expect things to start going south reeeeally fast.

/Map "But Eglinton, the bakery can only make so many croissants! The duchess's quinceañera will be ruined!

/Map "Don't worry my love, I will loudly exclaim my love for baking using the power of sonnets".

Eglinton sits.

We have ways of clearing the map.

(This is a joke. I'm not suggesting we weaponise roleplay. I've never actually even seen roleplay in the PvE world more than about twice, but I know it's a sore spot for WvW players as there is a small RP community who used WvW space.)

But yeah I totally get you. Depending on whether the Warclaw is done by reward track, ranking up or something else, it may be better all round if some herds the newbies around. I guarantee some will not know what discord is and a point of contact would help control the chaos.

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:The map can only host so many players, tho. If enemy starts to perma farm this pve comm, expect things to start going south reeeeally fast.

/Map "But Eglinton, the bakery can only make so many croissants! The duchess's quinceañera will be ruined!

/Map "Don't worry my love, I will loudly exclaim my love for baking using the power of sonnets".

Eglinton sits.

(This is a joke. I'm not suggesting we weaponise roleplay. I've never actually even seen roleplay in the PvE world more than about twice, but I know it's a sore spot for WvW players as there is a small RP community who used WvW space.)

But yeah I totally get you. Depending on whether the Warclaw is done by reward track, ranking up or something else, it may be better all round if some herds the newbies around. I guarantee some will not know what discord is and a point of contact would help control the chaos.

Rest assured, the croissants will be vocal once they start being farmed

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:The map can only host so many players, tho. If enemy starts to perma farm this pve comm, expect things to start going south reeeeally fast.

Eglinton sits.

Rest assured, the croissants will be vocal once they start being farmed

Croissants am having some of does for lunch yum!

Archived