Disable/Enable removing target when clicking on terrain?

NuhDah.9812

I'm not sure, my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I feel like I've seen such an option in the Options menu. Is there something like "Disable/Enable removing target when clicking on terrain" and I'm not looking in the right place, or there was never such an option and it's just my imagination or mixing this with another game's options menu?

I was asking about a checkbox in the options menu that controls this behavior (that allows removing target / keeps the current target when clicking on the terrain). I was sure there was something like that in the menu, that being said I'm probably confusing this with something else.

About what you said, yeap if you press on an UI element (for example the enemy portrait) it isn't removing target, and there is quite some screen space covered by transparent UI elements or element padding, so if you're not careful you'll click on those instead of the terrain. Pretty "cool" way to mess up your disengages and kiting with leaps or target based movement abilities when you think you removed target and should be moving away, but instead you clicked on the UI turned 180 degrees and went strait forward to the enemy you wanted to keep distance from. Alternatively you have ESC but it's much faster with less hand movement involved to just click on left mb on the terrain for resetting target.

What was I was interested though was the option to not allow target removal on terrain click and only allow it on ESC. Which is funny, but I think it would be another pain in the ass altogether, but I was wandering if that would be a gameplay option that could be adapted to. And I was sure there was an checkbox for it in the options menu, but I can't seem to find it, so I was asking around.

• 1 year later...

i distinctly remember that there was indeed such an option, back in 2012.i remember i set it to ground-clear target on my thief, and lock target on my alts.

i recently came back to the game.iwas looking for this option and couldnt find it. (it is currently set on "clear", not lock)i guess it was removed. or i'm just missing it.

Try "Lock Autotarget".

It clears target and if you also use Call Target you can refocus to that target by using Take Target (all in Target section in Option). Just remember when you are in a group/party/squad that Call Target also will be seen in all of your group/party or squad chat and when somebody use Take Target it will focus on that target instead.

Lock Autotarget can also be used to show nameplates (depending on what toggle you have set to show or hide name plates on friendly -green- or hostile -red and white [those target you can damage] - NPC/players, items and or NPC. That way you can save a key bind that is dedicated for showing either hostile or friendly player/NPC. Also useful to show hidden UI objects, if have hidden as an example all info about events and need see a timer for that event.

All this is asuming you use Action Camera set up. Don't forget to set a key at least to change between targets with Next Target (or for healing to friendly Next Alley). It will circle throught those in range, so wont need back and forth for Next Target or Alley. Going for Nearest Target will mean that you can't see what skills, special volatile magic ability (bounty bosses) or other information that are on NPCs Health bar when they are out of range for that weapons range your have on your active bar. With Next Target you will still be able see that as long they aren't too far from you or there is an object in line of sight. Use this instead of rigth click to target and you will have less issues with wrong target. Lock Autotargets is faster when you have it set right where can nod it with a finger then finding an empty spot during a fight to "clear" target and then set another target.