Sohothin bugged for "Who Needs a Magic Sword" achievement?

Spoiler alert for those who haven't reached the end of the story. ;)

Is it intended for Sohothin to be your default weapon when you revive from being in a downed state? I was halfway through the fight, doing fine with just my skills, when I got overwhelmed and went into downed state. I came back up, just fine (that's not a problem), but when I came back up I defaulted back to using Sohothin instead of my own bar, thus failing the achievement. I would assume that I would have revived in my previous state (my own skill bar). Either that must be addressed, or the achievement has to be reworded as to saying you have to kill him without Sohothin and without downing. Please make it so you return from a down state in your previous attack mode as the fight is achingly long already without the sword. Thank you for having a look. :)

• 5 months later...

It might be annoying, but it's easy enough to work around if you're careful about pressing skills when you revive. As a result, I'm not sure that it's worth ANet digging into the code to figure how to adjust things so it's harder to re-grab the sword

PS it can also happen when you exit from a transformed state, so specific specializations also have to be careful.

Archived