Gaile Gray, where are you? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Gaile Gray, where are you?

I have a bad feeling in my stomach as I write this post and notice the forum's own Gaile Gray hasn't posted in a week now. Is our community manager still with us?

Tagged:
<134567

Comments

• Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭

tumblr_n0w1yhSBKg1qcgzbvo10_r2_250.gif

All kidding aside, she's probably just busy. I doubt she'll be let go as that would be a community nightmare for them.

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

She posted in ele sub forum 6 months ago, we've been wondering the same...

Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

• Same here. I have a massive respect for Gaile, she has always done the best she could in her job. I hope she's ok.

How about some anti eyes bleeding options? Here's the direct link to the concept.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2019

I for one would like DEMAND some reassurance. this up coming balance patch has me up nights.

edited for clarification.

• rabenpriester.7129rabenpriester.7129 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2019

If she doesn't have an official statement of the company regarding the current issues she can't communicate with us either.
    Its common standard practice to only communicate with the client when everything is resolved internally. You are bound to create a chaos/confusion in communication otherwise.

.... is exactly what she could have said.

• SoulSin.5682SoulSin.5682 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2019

If she doesn't have an official statement of the company regarding the current issues she can't communicate with us either.
    Its common standard practice to only communicate with the client when everything is resolved internally. You are bound to create a chaos/confusion in communication otherwise.

.... is exactly what she could have said.

My point stands tough. After this post all developers posts in the foruns have completely stopped.
    Everyone is probably forbidden to post anything until a final position is decided.

That said, this is weird. I am so used to see ANET posting around these foruns that 2 days without communication is already making me worried.
    That come a long way from other games I played the devs would post once every 2 weeks

._.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:
    I have a bad feeling in my stomach as I write this post and notice the forum's own Gaile Gray hasn't posted in a week now. Is our community manager still with us?

Stop panicking. We all know that she cannot post at the moment. Common sense:

@SoulSin.5682 said:

• @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    I for one would like demand some reassurance. this up coming balance patch has me up nights.

I expect it's hyperbole, which I'm not categorically against, but just in case it isn't: If worry about a game costs you sleep, that's a red flag about an unhealthy situation that needs handling.
    If it's just regular internet exaggeration: as you were, ignore me.

• Tanith.5264Tanith.5264 Member ✭✭✭

It's the weekend. Unless there's an emergency, I don't expect to see any more official postings from Anet until Monday at the earliest.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

She could also be away. I've seen on Twitter a few Anet devs have been away recently (including Rubi), and this news seems to have come along quite suddenly for everyone at Anet so it's possible she thought it'd be fine to be gone for a few days without arranging for someone to cover because there's nothing major coming up in that time.

"Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

They've likely been told not to say anything until the official post is made on Monday. Gaile was here a few hours ago.

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2019

Let's not be given to panic. If something that important changes, they will write up a blog post about it (both thanking Gaile and introducing the new CM/s, at the very least). The dust hasn't even settled yet; it's far too soon to assume everyone we know is "dead".

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

Give them some time to sort things out and the digest the bad news.

Gaile has been with AranaNet when it was much smaller, in the GW1 days. Of course this guarantees nothing, except that she has been of value to the company and the community as well.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

She is probably very busy behind the scenes... She is always the one communicating most things to us players and since there is a lot to be discussed on what needs communicating and how behind the scenes I imagine... (and no im not just pointing at the layoff situation). I just hope the publishing merge won't mean we will have to miss both Gaile and Rubi in the future (and the ones behind the screen helping them with it). They both are a very warm and welcome sight on the forums and the live streams.

• @Kylden Ar.3724 said:
    enjoy new foods,

Great :(
    Now I'm hungry again.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2019

You can look and see when they last logged in.
    Oddly i think you have to be logged out to see it.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

Look...
    Up in the sky!!!
    Its a plane!!!
    No, its a, its a, its a....

flying frog?

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashen.2907 said:
    Look...
    Up in the sky!!!
    Its a plane!!!

flying frog?

Not plane, nor bird, nor even frog. It's jut lil' old me, Underdog.
    =)

I had to.

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Trise.2865 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:
    Look...
    Up in the sky!!!
    Its a plane!!!

flying frog?

Not plane, nor bird, nor even frog. It's jut lil' old me, Underdog.
    =)

I had to.

😍

• She lives!

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering the same. :3

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey folks,

Thanks for asking about my well-being. I assure you I'm fine. I have been out of town on vacation, and not really able to interact on the forums at this time (poor connectivity, I don't do well typing on my phone :blush: , etc.). The mod team is on duty and I'm keeping up with them from time to time, so all's well in that regard.

I will be back in the office on Monday and look forward to talking to you soon.

Edited: Because I am really, really bad at texting on an iPhone.

If I had your job I think I'd be even more inclined than I already am to deliberately pick somewhere with poor phone/internet connectivity to visit, so I could say "Sorry you won't be able to reach me and I won't be able to do any work while I'm away, but it looks like I'll have absolutely no signal!"

Thanks for taking the time to let us know you're ok though. :)

"Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

• Tsakhi.8124Tsakhi.8124 Member ✭✭✭

Enjoy your vacation, rest up, and take care! hug See ya when you get back.

So now we march, march to your homes.

Our feet not making a sound: You can never hear a ghost when it roams...

I eat your Cheetos Paws and steal your sodas, 'cause that's how I roll. (sorry, i'll buy you more.)

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Thanks for asking about my well-being. I assure you I'm fine. I have been out of town on vacation, and not really able to interact on the forums at this time (poor connectivity, I don't do well typing on my phone :blush: , etc.). The mod team is on duty and I'm keeping up with them from time to time, so all's well in that regard.

Thanks for letting we know you're ok :)

How about some anti eyes bleeding options? Here's the direct link to the concept.

• Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    I have been out of town on vacation

Thank you for telling us

please make a Taimi voice mail pack
    my QoL wishes

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey folks,

I will be back in the office on Monday and look forward to talking to you soon.

Edited: Because I am really, really bad at texting on an iPhone.

** If I had your job I think I'd be even more inclined than I already am to deliberately pick somewhere with poor phone/internet connectivity to visit, so I could say "Sorry you won't be able to reach me and I won't be able to do any work while I'm away, but it looks like I'll have absolutely no signal!"**

Thanks for taking the time to let us know you're ok though. :)

I work in Business Software Development. This is why our last vacation was to Nebraska.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Goodbye, beloved Guild Wars 2 Community. I love you all and wish you well in the future.

And what does that mean!!!

Fàther - Create a mount then kill it until it's more useless than PvE. "Smart"
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Goodbye, beloved Guild Wars 2 Community. I love you all and wish you well in the future.

Wait, WHAT?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

WHAT???

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can't believe it. :(

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

rip gw2

• AnClar.1304AnClar.1304 Member ✭✭
    edited February 25, 2019

What the actual??? Short, cryptic, and th-th-th-that's all folks??? After all these years??? What happened...a bit of explanation would be sorta helpful and appreciated. Sure hope all is OK w/you Gaile!!!

• Tanith.5264Tanith.5264 Member ✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Oh, Gaile, I'm so sorry. It won't be the same without you, nor the others we've lost today.

But you'll still play, yes? Come visit at the frog pond sometimes?

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Omg... No... seriously my eyes are filled with tears :(

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Wow, that's unexpected. Well I wish you all the best in your future endeavours, thank you for the long years of service.

• This is sad news. I hope they at least make you a unique frog mini. :c

• TallBarr.2184TallBarr.2184 Member ✭✭✭

wait what. :anguished: :anguished:

• Rix.8510Rix.8510 Member ✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

You will be missed. Wish you good luck in your future

• Vasburg.1750Vasburg.1750 Member
    edited February 25, 2019

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Good bye and all the best!
    Thanks for all the Polonaises back then in Kamadan and LA; these have become fond memories. Wishing you all the best for your future endavours!

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

That's either the most epic troll post ever, or the most epic fail by a gaming company in the history of online games. I'm hoping for the first and not the second.

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.