Gaile Gray, where are you?

Lonecap.4105

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she doesn't have an official statement of the company regarding the current issues she can't communicate with us either.Its common standard practice to only communicate with the client when everything is resolved internally. You are bound to create a chaos/confusion in communication otherwise.

If she doesn't have an official statement of the company regarding the current issues she can't communicate with us either.Its common standard practice to only communicate with the client when everything is resolved internally. You are bound to create a chaos/confusion in communication otherwise.

.... is exactly what she could have said.

.... is exactly what she could have said.

My point stands tough. After this post all developers posts in the foruns have completely stopped.Everyone is probably forbidden to post anything until a final position is decided.

That said, this is weird. I am so used to see ANET posting around these foruns that 2 days without communication is already making me worried.That come a long way from other games I played the devs would post once every 2 weeks

._.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:I have a bad feeling in my stomach as I write this post and notice the forum's own Gaile Gray hasn't posted in a week now. Is our community manager still with us?

Stop panicking. We all know that she cannot post at the moment. Common sense:

@SoulSin.5682 said:If she doesn't have an official statement of the company regarding the current issues she can't communicate with us either.Its common standard practice to only communicate with the client when everything is resolved internally. You are bound to create a chaos/confusion in communication otherwise.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:I for one would like demand some reassurance. this up coming balance patch has me up nights.

I expect it's hyperbole, which I'm not categorically against, but just in case it isn't: If worry about a game costs you sleep, that's a red flag about an unhealthy situation that needs handling.If it's just regular internet exaggeration: as you were, ignore me.

She could also be away. I've seen on Twitter a few Anet devs have been away recently (including Rubi), and this news seems to have come along quite suddenly for everyone at Anet so it's possible she thought it'd be fine to be gone for a few days without arranging for someone to cover because there's nothing major coming up in that time.

She is probably very busy behind the scenes... She is always the one communicating most things to us players and since there is a lot to be discussed on what needs communicating and how behind the scenes I imagine... (and no im not just pointing at the layoff situation). I just hope the publishing merge won't mean we will have to miss both Gaile and Rubi in the future (and the ones behind the screen helping them with it). They both are a very warm and welcome sight on the forums and the live streams.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:I for one would like demand some reassurance. this up coming balance patch has me up nights.

You need a more expressive and fulfilling life then, man. It's a game.

Get out, enjoy new foods, meet new people, play boardgames with people in person, go hiking. Anything really.

I enjoy this game a lot, but it's just a part of a varied and enjoyable life.

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey folks,

Thanks for asking about my well-being. I assure you I'm fine. I have been out of town on vacation, and not really able to interact on the forums at this time (poor connectivity, I don't do well typing on my phone :blush: , etc.). The mod team is on duty and I'm keeping up with them from time to time, so all's well in that regard.

I will be back in the office on Monday and look forward to talking to you soon.

Edited: Because I am really, really bad at texting on an iPhone.

Archived